Superstitions

Superstitions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Sep 09

Originally posted by caissad4
Yes, 2 points down is okay while 1 point down is evil.
Oh Oh! I'd better turn mine around 🙂

w

Moves
14 Sep 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Aren't some people superstitous about five-pointed stars?
I guess superstition is fear's ugly cousin...
That is a sign that people living close to you are into devil worship. Being concerned about that is not superstition, rather, it is just common sense.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Sep 09

Originally posted by whodey
That is a sign that people living close to you are into devil worship. Being concerned about that is not superstition, rather, it is just common sense.
Oh come now! I just like five-pointed stars (because,in my warped view, 5 represents the 'number of man'😉. How can you say that ALL people who have five-pointed stars are into devil-worship? Surley you are taking advantage of my slow-witted sense of humour. Right?

Moves
14 Sep 09
1 edit

Oh please. Chances are that if someone is wearing a 5 pointed star (pentacle) they are a Wiccan or a rebellious teenager. It's got nothing to do with devil worship.

Now if you see someone wearing an upside down pentacle (i.e. one star pointed down as Caissad mentioned) then that person is likely to be a satanist, member of the Temple of Set, etc.

Either way, 99.9% of the time, these people are harmless. The real problems only occur when people with the same misconceptions as you overreact when they see someone wearing one and those problems are usually in the form of bias and gossip against said person.

rc

Moves
14 Sep 09
1 edit

Well I like watching violence in movies. Not over the top-in-your-face kind of violence but more creative violence like say "Reservoir Dogs".
Having said that I a man of peace and hope my childish fascination with violence soon fades away.
How about the christian notion that people who dont follow Jesus are instruments of the devil? Is that more a w w its a very generalized question but a similarly generalized response would be welcome 🙂 )
why is watching people being killed entertaining? would you go to the Colosseum in Rome and also enjoy watching persons being torn apart by wild animals? interesting that what the ancient Romans found entertaining, we are also supposed to find entertaining, that is , people being killed.

I thought that Buddhists were supposed to shun every form of violence, even violent thoughts. are we to presume that what we feed our minds upon has no direct effect to our thinking, i think not, otherwise advertising would not be spending the zillions of pounds every year trying to persuade our minds that we need this that and the other thing.

I have never heard of this idea that persons who do not follow the Christ are instruments of the devil? Perhaps you should ask those American born again types, they have all sorts of weird notions, they may be able to help.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
why is watching people being killed entertaining? would you go to the Colosseum in Rome and also enjoy watching persons being torn apart by wild animals? interesting that what the ancient Romans found entertaining, we are also supposed to find entertaining, that is , people being killed.

I thought that Buddhists were supposed to shun every form ...[text shortened]... those American born again types, they have all sorts of weird notions, they may be able to help.
Ah yes Robbie! I have stumbled upon a quote from our much malligned friend Bill Burroughs in a documentary called "Donkey Kong". (its about the video game...) Its very pertinent to our discussions and I think should shed a bit of light on our situation here...(just give me two days please)

As regards to non-followers of Christ being devil-worshippers I just dont know sometimes. You could even say I'm superstitious at times...

rc

Moves
14 Sep 09

Ah yes Robbie! I have stumbled upon a quote from our much malligned friend Bill Burroughs in a documentary called "Donkey Kong". (its about the video game...) Its very pertinent to our discussions and I think should shed a bit of light on our situation here...(just give me two days please)

As regards to non-followers of Christ being devil-worshippers I just dont know sometimes. You could even say I'm superstitious at times...
yes Karoly you are most welcome my friend. it is very interesting, this subject. I was recently given a similar game for the wii, called rampage. you were basically this monster gorilla and your task was to destroy as many buildings as possible and eat as many people and destroy as much as you could.

Moves
15 Sep 09

I thought this thread was about superstition. Karoly, what is you point mate?

Moves
16 Sep 09

That's not devil worship; if that's what happened it was posing. What was described is not a proper configuration, and only someone unknowledgeable in Satanism would configure that. Only someone unknowledgeable in Satanism would be fearful of that.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Sep 09

Originally posted by divegeester
I thought this thread was about superstition. Karoly, what is you point mate?
Oh I'm broke right now. I'll get paid tuesday and then I'll hire that dvd and give you the quote and hopefully shed some light on the point I'm trying to make, SORRRRRYYY!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Sep 09
1 edit

Oh I'm broke right now. I'll get paid tuesday and then I'll hire that dvd and give you the quote and hopefully shed some light on the point I'm trying to make, SORRRRRYYY!
"This is a war universe. War all the time. There may be other universes,but ours seems to be based on war and games."-William.S.Burroughs.

Now when I first read this I thought "Bah!". But the more I think about it, the more I get the feeling that old 'shotgun Bill' was onto something there. After all this is a chess site , isn't it?