1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 20:583 edits
    Disagree with your claim about ventriloquist Satan too - indeed your interpretation of the Bible does not say anything like:

Looks like it is you who is gibbering Robbie Carrobie :][
    gibbering??? my man, if i wasn't so tired i could explain everything so that your
    prejudices would fade away and light would enter the farthest depths of your heart and
    you would throw off these shackles of darkness and embrace the light of Biblical truth!
    not only that after you were cleansed spiritually, I would travel with you to the Punjab
    to find you a nice girl with which to share your new found faith!
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 21:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Scripture verse or verses please?
    The link given leads to this one that has chapter and verse.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2010/04/drunk-with-blood-gods-killings-in-bible.html

I won't vouch for it though. This thread is not very important IMO. Just trying to be helpful.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 21:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    gibbering??? my man, if i wasn't so tired i could explain everything so that your
    prejudices would fade away and light would enter the farthest depths of your heart and
    you would throw off these shackles of darkness and embrace the light of Biblical truth!
    not only that after you were cleansed spiritually, I would travel with you to the Punjab
    to find you a nice girl with which to share your new found faith!
    I see nothing in this response answering my previous challenges to claims made by yourself (that the Garden of Eden is non-magical, and that Satan was a ventriloquist)
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 05:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So according to your figures, although God sets the time to die, he doesn't actually 'kill' us. He just sets the time, then we die?
    Also, surely Satan can be blamed indirectly for any killing not sanctioned by God?
    And according to your beliefs God created Satan, with total foreknowledge of ensuing acts by Satan, and thus is indirectly and/or directly responsible for all death. God sanctioned Satan by his creation. Such a lack of responsibility from a all-knowing, all powerful being is reprehensible.🙄
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 05:521 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    And according to your beliefs God created Satan, with total foreknowledge of ensuing acts by Satan, and thus is indirectly and/or directly responsible for all death. God sanctioned Satan by his creation. Such a lack of responsibility from a all-knowing, all powerful being is reprehensible.🙄
    ever heard of the concept of free will? a free moral agent, responsible for their own actions? are you blaming the physicists who developed nuclear physics for dropping the atomic bomb? does your position seem reasonable to you?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 05:541 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I see nothing in this response answering my previous challenges to claims made by yourself (that the Garden of Eden is [b]non-magical, and that Satan was a ventriloquist)[/b]
    you are correct but I am, not going to extrapolate because frankly you are an ingrate. First clue, snakes don't talk!
  7. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 07:36
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yes, but if he kills them before they are saved, he gets to have his murder and torment.

You're new at this whole Devil thing, aren't you?
    Lol! Limited net but enjoying the fun. "The devil made me do it" is the greatest cop out of all time. He's got them well and truly deceived, Ol father of all lies.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 14:491 edit
    you are correct but I am, not going to extrapolate because frankly you are an ingrate. First clue, snakes don't talk!
    As for your clue - this, as I showed you (and you could not find a counter to it), is not implied by your Bible. This of course is not a problem for me because I think the whole thing, like the Qu-ran, and any other holy book, is garbage.
    You on the other hand have the problem that you

a) believe Genesis is a factual account of the way we came into being
    b) don't believe that snakes can talk

But Genesis says snakes can talk! 😵
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 15:092 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    As for your clue - this, as I showed you (and you could not find a counter to it), is [b]not implied by your Bible. This of course is not a problem for me because I think the whole thing, like the Qu-ran, and any other holy book, is garbage.
    You on the other hand have the problem that you

a) believe Genesis is a factual account of the way we came into being
    b) don't believe that snakes can talk

But Genesis says snakes can talk! 😵[/b]
    It stands to reason, that is to the reasonable individual used to using his mind for
    discernment, that while the account of Genesis remains factual and that snakes,
    having no vocal chords, cannot utter or form words, using this information and our
    powers of deduction from other verses in the scriptures, namely that the 'original
    serpent', was in fact a powerful satanic creature, we deduce that while the snake
    appeared to talk as is recorded in the book of Genesis, to all intents and purposes it
    could not have actually spoken, for it has no vocal chords. Elsewhere we read that
    Eve was seduced by Satan, intellectually, another reference to the Satanic element, thus putting
    all of these references together, it is perfectly reasonable, that is to the person used
    to reasoning with their own minds, that as snakes do not talk because they have no
    vocal chords that it must have been by some trickery that the snake was made to
    appear to talk, as is recorded in the book of Genesis, a factual account.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 15:141 edit
    It stands to reason, that is to the reasonable individual used to using his mind for
    having no vocal chords, cannot utter or form words, using this information and our
    powers of deduction from other verses in the scriptures, namely that the 'original
    serpent', was ...[text shortened]... snake was made to
    A factual account? Quality RHP entertainment at it's best. 🙄

Out of interest, what reasoning have you used to describe this a factual account?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 15:16
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    A factual account? Quality RHP entertainment at it's best. 🙄
    yes a factual account, first class, unadulterated, pure fact!
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 15:16
    yes a factual account, first class, unadulterated, pure fact!
    See my edit.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 15:261 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    See my edit.
    sigh, its scientific accuracy. From the very first words uttered it is scientifically
    accurate, let us examine it, 'in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth', a
    scientifically accurate statement, tell us how the author of Genesis knew that the
    universe had a beginning as is accurately described in the book of Genesis when it
    took secular science until the 1950's to establish that yes indeed, this was the case?
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 15:264 edits
    serpent', was ...[text shortened]... snake was made to
    Well apples don't contain a database or library of things that are right or wrong, the knowledge contained in which, to be uptaken in the brain by eating them; but that doesn't stop you believing Adam & Eve ate an apple giving them knowledge of right and wrong!

Indeed when you say:
    using this information and our powers of deduction from other verses in the scriptures, namely that the 'original serpent', was in fact a powerful satanic creature, we deduce that while the snake appeared to talk as is recorded in the book of Genesis, to all intents and purposes it could not have actually spoken, for it has no vocal chords.
    Not only is your reasoning inconsistent, since it isn't similarly tempered by the silliness of magical, knowledge endowing, apples, but also "'original serpent', was in fact a powerful satanic creature" doesn't suggest the serpent is in any way shape or form being manipulated exterior to itself - or that any words seeming to emanate from it, came from elsewhere!

I've got to say you have really mastered this double-think malarckey! 😵
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 15:35
    sigh, its scientific accuracy. From the very first words uttered it is scientifically
    accurate, let us examine it, 'in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth', a
    scientifically accurate statement, tell us how the author of Genesis knew that the
    universe had a beginning. as is accurately described in the book of Genesis when it
    took secular science until the 1950's to establish that yes indeed, this was the case?
    No it's not scientifically accurate, it's anything but that. Genetics tells us that the human population has never dropped below a few thousands pairs and that it's an impossibilty we started from two people. But i guess that's not 'True Science'?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree