T Rex

T Rex

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
[b]You know, in all the hub-bub caused by the moon-barking of some in this forum, I didn't see this until just now. I have things to do but I'll return later today or tonight and answer this more coherently, but for now, I'll say it relates to the 'how' and the 'why' of creation itself.

Okay, where was I? Oh, y ...[text shortened]... o the bickering and arguing never ends. And that's pathetic really, since both sides are right.[/b]
Is this your way of saying T Rex was created as a herbivore but evolved into a meat-eater over millions of years?

Or are you saying that T Rex wasn't "created" at all, it actually evolved from something small and slimy into something very big with 6 inch teeth?

Or are you saying that God told early man a lie because he considered him too dim to understand?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jul 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
It could just as easily come from a 'galactic internet', where you wait a thousand years for a reply and that only if you are really close in the cosmic sense.

So we get a radio wave or IR laser wave or neutrino beam with communications on it where, when deciphered, shows how life starts on most worlds and the mostly one way link goes on with terabytes o ...[text shortened]... r the galaxy and Andromeda to boot.

Wouldn't THAT be a hoot. Creationists would have a fit🙂
I was actually more interested in how new (accurate ) information could really change the world.

Of the many changes , a more definitive picture of our past may rule out gods and bogus religion in a more informed way.

Of course many atheists and the like have already done this, but as we speak the world is still fairly divided between those that believe in a god(s) and those that don't.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jul 16

[b]You know, in all the hub-bub caused by the moon-barking of some in this forum, I didn't see this until just now. I have things to do but I'll return later today or tonight and answer this more coherently, but for now, I'll say it relates to the 'how' and the 'why' of creation itself.

Okay, where was I? Oh, y ...[text shortened]... o the bickering and arguing never ends. And that's pathetic really, since both sides are right.[/b]
So you are saying that the big bang was a creative act from God?

If so, do you think He knew the exact outcome (ie. the eventual evolution of humans), or was it more of a "bang and hope"?

D

Moves
31 Jul 16

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Aug 16

I go back and forth but I lean towards old earth and very old universe ( as This appears to fit the models we see ) If we are to believe that before the fall there was no death or at least animals did not eat each other ....then the T-Rex was created an herbivore......of course we have to take into account the incisors and teeth which would appear to be for ripping into meat and eating other animals .....so on this one I can't answer either way ......

Manny

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Aug 16

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Since we already have people of extraordinary intelligence, it seems more than likely such levels and higher exists somewhere in our rather large universe.

It seems unlikely for mankind to be the pinnacle of creation, an arrogant assumption.

Like the Miss Universe contest: Wow, someone from Earth wins AGAIN?

D

Moves
03 Aug 16
1 edit

D

Moves
04 Aug 16

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Aug 16

And even worse from the religious POV, those higher intelligences telling us there are no gods and all we humans worship are just man made constructs and therefore there are in fact no moral absolutes, humans are making up their own set of morals as we go.

If that happened I would imagine the religious humans starting a war with the aliens to prove the superiority of their alleged god.

Which they would lose of course. But even in losing they would not abandon their faith, just accepting loss as a test from their god.

D

Moves
06 Aug 16

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Aug 16

No doubt, they already worship imaginary ones.....