1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 21:571 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am fairly sure Suzianne is not a young earth creationist. Most young earth creationists believe that lions were vegetarian once - but for other reasons.
    I don't see why the T-Rex couldn't have lived at the time of Adam and Eve but have been on a different content. Would you expect a young earth creationist to paint Adam and Eve with every species on earth past and present in a garden sized area? Or are you confusing it with Noah's ark?
    you mean "continent" ,right?

BTW I think Suzi is referring to the fact that you can look at the big bang from an evolutionary point of view or a creationist one. It will be a lot of knowledge before you can say one is definately more likely than the other (at least that's what I think she meant)
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 06:31
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    or masturbate ...
    I guess we each have our priorities πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 10:22
    you mean "continent" ,right?

BTW I think Suzi is referring to the fact that you can look at the big bang from an evolutionary point of view or a creationist one. It will be a lot of knowledge before you can say one is definately more likely than the other (at least that's what I think she meant)
    And my hypothesis is just as likely as either:

Our universe came about as a kind of high school level science class where each student is required to make the best universe they can, each universe being held in a cage and the students have a universe making machine, kind of a cosmological 4D printer which they have to instill the phyical laws that govern the evolution of their particular universe and are judged on the results, where a week of their time is a billion years of ours so they study the results which they monitor but are not allowed to interfere with during the study period.

Of course, there are also black market 4D printers available through unscrupulous dealers in such things and we don't know if our universe is the result of such sculduggery or just the classroom exercise.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I guess we each have our priorities πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›
    You see the hands on those things...

But I guess you're right, party hats are essential πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:022 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And my hypothesis is just as likely as either:

Our universe came about as a kind of high school level science class where each student is required to make the best universe they can, each universe being held in a cage and the students have a universe making machine, kind of a cosmological 4D printer which they have to instill the phyical laws that gover ...[text shortened]... we don't know if our universe is the result of such sculduggery or just the classroom exercise.
    Would you (or anyone) rule out a scenario where humanity got its s--- together and aliens "came down" and told us about our origins, or the origins of our solar system?

It doesn't sound altogether unplausible to me

edit: please don't pick me up on the alien thing..it's just an example. It could be we discover a new scientific process that sheds new light on our past.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 19:02
    Would you (or anyone) rule out a scenario where humanity got its s--- together and aliens "came down" and told us about our origins, or the origins of our solar system?

It doesn't sound altogether unplausible to me

edit: please don't pick me up on the alien thing..it's just an example. It could be we discover a new scientific process that sheds new light on our past.
    It could just as easily come from a 'galactic internet', where you wait a thousand years for a reply and that only if you are really close in the cosmic sense.

So we get a radio wave or IR laser wave or neutrino beam with communications on it where, when deciphered, shows how life starts on most worlds and the mostly one way link goes on with terabytes of knowledge about life forms on worlds near us which engenders a rush to build interstellar craft. They also know about that and buried amongst the data are instructions on how to build faster than light spacecraft capable of carrying humans to stars all over the galaxy and Andromeda to boot.

Wouldn't THAT be a hoot. Creationists would have a fitπŸ™‚
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 19:58
    If you don't want to discuss, then stay out of the thread!

You are what you despise, Suzianne.
    The entire problem is that I HAVE discussed this, many, many times!

The atheists climbed all over me for it then, with hardly a whimper from you, and so if you can't remember it, then too bad.

Go bark at the other Christians while you're at it.

I've never in this thread heard you lay out your beliefs in any kind of coherent way. All you do is bait those of faith for their beliefs while remaining mum on your own. Sounds like atheism to me.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 20:04
    Can you expand on that? How can both sides be right?
    You know, in all the hub-bub caused by the moon-barking of some in this forum, I didn't see this until just now. I have things to do but I'll return later today or tonight and answer this more coherently, but for now, I'll say it relates to the 'how' and the 'why' of creation itself.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 08:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The entire problem is that I HAVE discussed this, many, many times!

The atheists climbed all over me for it then, with hardly a whimper from you, and so if you can't remember it, then too bad.

Go bark at the other Christians while you're at it.

I've never in this thread heard you lay out your beliefs in any kind of coherent way. All you do is bait those of faith for their beliefs while remaining mum on your own. Sounds like atheism to me.
    As I said if you don't want to discuss the thread topic, then please stay out of the thread. If you are unable to defend your beliefs against other people then maybe browbeating and tub-thumping (as you are here) is not your best approach.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 08:05
    You know, in all the hub-bub caused by the moon-barking of some in this forum, I didn't see this until just now. I have things to do but I'll return later today or tonight and answer this more coherently, but for now, I'll say it relates to the 'how' and the 'why' of creation itself.
    You glibly claimed that "both sides were correct" and all you have done since is back away from that comment or berate me for starting the thread.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 08:07
    I don't remember it. But nevertheless are you suggesting I should have supported you, if so why?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 08:12
    I never in this thread heard you lay out your beliefs in any kind of coherent way. All you do is bait those of faith for their beliefs while remaining mum on your own. Sounds like atheism to me.
    I've been discussing my beliefs in here openly for about 8 years. I vociferously debate and content over those else,emits which are important to me, it is astonishing that you claim to have not seen this.

"Bait" : do you think that this thread is "bait"? It's a simple question to anyone who is interested in replying "was T Rex created as a meat eater"? I have no idea what the truth is from a Christian perspective and have no strong opinion on it. You on the other hand seem to have strong views but are reluctant to state them, which is fine of course.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 11:04
    I've been discussing my beliefs in here openly for about 8 years. I vociferously debate and content over those else,emits which are important to me, it is astonishing that you claim to have not seen this.

"Bait" : do you think that this thread is "bait"? It's a simple question to anyone who is interested in replying "was T Rex created as a meat eater ...[text shortened]... e other hand seem to have strong views but are reluctant to state them, which is fine of course.
    "I have no idea what the truth is from a Christian perspective"

Yeah, I noticed.

You know, I'm not going to waste my breath anymore in this forum on Pharisees like you. You do precious little else in this forum than berate Christians for their beliefs. I said earlier that it sounds like atheism to me. I apologize for insulting the atheists.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 11:14
    You know, I'm not going to waste my breath anymore in this forum on Pharisees like you. You do precious little else in this forum than berate Christians for their beliefs. I said earlier that it sounds like atheism to me. I apologize for insulting the atheists.
    Just decide how you want to spend you energy and time here of course; currently you seem to spend most of it berating me for engaging people in debate about their beliefs, on a forum board designed for the very purpose of engaging people in debate about their beliefs.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 12:37
    You know what I think about arguing over this. Both sides are right.

Can you expand on that? How can both sides be right?

Okay, where was I? Oh, yeah, "Both sides are right."

This is pretty simple, really, but both sides like to say their ideas are the only way it could happen, or that they have the only correct view. We can see with our own eyes what the state of the universe is today. We see the amount of red-shift and other signs that give us a pretty good idea of what happened, and we can extrapolate back to the beginning of the universe, and by just "running the tape" backward, we can get a good idea of how the universe began. Not much to debate here. The cosmologists are right, it all started with a singularity which expanded into our present universe, with all the predicted side trips (an initial plasma state, a delayed darkening of the universe, the battle of matter vs. anti-matter, quantum evolution of atoms and then molecules, clumping of matter into galaxies and local systems as the universe expanded, nebulae, the ignition of stars, the main sequence, rocky planets, gas giants). It's hard to argue what we can see just by looking. The actual nuts and bolts (the 'how' ) of universe creation is pretty much accepted by most (I only say most to avoid the superlative 'all' ) scientists. And the last third of the 13.7 billion years of creation is just as right as the first two-thirds: evolution as the primary mechanism for the rise of life on our planet, and probably most planets capable of supporting life. Occam's Razor applies, it's the simplest answer fitting all the data we have, including the fossil evidence.

So great, the "Evolutionists" are right. But not so fast. We've covered the How, now let's cover the Why. The Why is similarly easy. Because God. I am a Christian and therefore my belief informs my theory. Perhaps a Muslim can hook the Koran into the physical evolution of the universe and of man on earth. But I believe we're given the Bible to explain in simple terms (being written 3500 years ago [the earliest books anyway]) how it began to man of the age. In this case, yes, simpler IS better and so it was. Thus we have Genesis. I believe that if we had to make man of 3500 years ago understand nuclear physics, it would end up looking more like Genesis than a graduate-level textbook, and to do it perfectly, we'd need to make it pretty simple, and in keeping even with the mores of the era (we wouldn't want them calling us 'sorcerors' and burning us to death). So God lets early man in on the secret (using prophets, of course), in a way he can understand, describing the work as taking several 'days' (simply because, let's face it, 'billions of years' seems a wacky, unbelievable concept 3500 years ago), and, using the laws of man to enforce his 'preferred' style of government, we have Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, Again, it's 3500 years ago, and so God keeps it simple so we get it, but not so 'modern' that people think He's nuts. And so the story of man evolves from there.

In a nutshell, I believe that the universe was created. Created by God to fulfill His ultimate aim of supporting life, with Man at the pinnacle of that creation. But unlike the simpleton "creationists", I believe that God had every tool at His disposal, including the Big Bang, all the details of our early, early universe (quantum mechanics and the elimination of most of the anti-matter) to create the physics needed to support life, including stars, with planets, with the tenacity of life to gain foothold and evolve on our 3rd rock from our sun, culminating in the tool called "evolution" to raise man up from the literal "dust of the earth". Including billions of years to enable natural processes to do most of the "grunt" work. I also personally believe that true "evolution" seems a rather random process, and so God took the time to tweak the results to steer them towards His eventual goal, the eventual creation of Man.

So hey, the "Creationists" are right, too. But using the tools of cosmology and evolution to do it. And so, like I said to start this off, both sides are right. But both sides also want to "own" the "entire" truth, and they're not exactly willing to share in it, and so we have the seeming divide that exists today. And they are both SO "invested" into their own dogma that they cannot budge an inch towards the other side. The "politics" of the issue is such that neither side wants to lose adherents, and so the bickering and arguing never ends. And that's pathetic really, since both sides are right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree