1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 11:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Lol...

Once again I ask goddy doddy to hit me with a lightening bolt for being blasphemous, or whatever.
    Nope. It's still not happening.
    I got a happy life. I've had to work at it but basically I'm at peace with you and the rest of the universe.

(Is god like the guy with flamethrower from COD? )

You have no idea who I am do you?
    You get your reward after you die.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 22:21
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You get your reward after you die.
    No. I get it now. for "now" is all there is
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 09:402 edits
    “I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving -"
    Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

Paradoxically, to take a stand is to move forward, to carve a path against adversity and toward the goal.

Holmes Sr. is a font of great quotes, btw. Off topic, but this cannot be denied:
    “What refuge is there for the victim who is oppressed with the feeling that there are a thousand new books he ought to read, while life is only long enough for him to attempt to read a hundred?”

Welcome to the grand illusion!
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 02:46
    Originally posted by apathist
    “I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving -"
    Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 02:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    No. I get it now. for "now" is all there is
    Nice statement of faith.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 03:13
    karoly aczel : "now" is all there is

Nice statement of faith.
    I think you are perverting the meaning of words in order to propagate your superstitious ideology. All the evidence regarding reality indicates that "now is all there is" and then we die. Your mythology and assertions about an "afterlife" involve statements of faith. You have no evidence whatsoever that anyone has ever proceeded to an "afterlife". Until you do have such evidence, all you are talking about is your hope, imagination and faith, while karoly aczel is talking about reality.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 03:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think you are perverting the meaning of words in order to propagate your superstitious ideology. All the evidence regarding reality indicates that "now is all there is" and then we die. Your mythology and assertions about an "afterlife" involve statements of faith. You have no evidence whatsoever that anyone has ever proceeded to an "afterlife". Until you do h ...[text shortened]... talking about is your hope, imagination and faith, while karoly aczel is talking about reality.
    Of course you think I'm wrong.

Lol did you really need to say that? It is pretty obvious.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 03:35

Is your love of god not sufficient? Do you need to lord over the lost?
    I think there's a special place for you.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 03:48
    Originally posted by apathist
    Is your love of god not sufficient? Do you need to lord over the lost?
    I think there's a special place for you.
    So Christians stay silent!

I hear what you are saying.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 04:00
    So Christians stay silent!

I hear what you are saying.
    I n the spirit of this thread, I will not be shouted down. I will take a stand!
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 04:05

Why not address the point that I made about the meaning of "faith" rather than sidestep it in this way?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 04:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why not address the point that I made about the meaning of "faith" rather than sidestep it in this way?
    I am not side stepping, I simply disagree with your belief about faith.

When you can agree with me that putting your faith in what you can see is just as much faith as believing in the Bible, then we could talk.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 07:34
    I am not side stepping, I simply disagree with your belief about faith.

When you can agree with me that putting your faith in what you can see is just as much faith as believing in the Bible, then we could talk.
    Your beliefs about an afterlife are examples of "faith" right? You can't prove it. There is no evidence. But you believe it. You are sincere. You are certain. You count on it being true. That's "faith", right?

Are you seriously rejecting the evidence that we all die and our lives end? It doesn't require "faith" to know that this is so.

Your claims about some continuation of life after death exist in the realms of "faith".
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 07:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your beliefs about an afterlife are examples of "faith" right? You can't prove it. There is no evidence. But you believe it. You are sincere. You are certain. You count on it being true. That's "faith", right?

Are you seriously rejecting the evidence that we all die and our lives end? It doesn't require "faith" to know that this is so.

Your claims about some continuation of life after death exist in the realms of "faith".
    Would you say your belief that God exists but somehow hasn't revealed himself to anyone is based on "faith"?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 07:45
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Would you say your belief that God exists but somehow hasn't revealed himself to anyone is based on "faith"?
    No. I would describe my belief that god may exist as a hunch or a gut feeling in which I place no "faith" whatsoever; And I would describe my belief that god hasn't revealed himself to anyone as a consequence of intellectual and spiritual interaction with people of various faiths who claim he does where they did not present anything to me that seemed to justify placing my "faith" in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree