1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 15:32
    If we are evolving and getting better at things then why do people still get tattoos?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 15:36
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If we are evolving and getting better at things then why do people still get tattoos?
    Oh my gawd!

The Theory of Evolution has just been debunked!

How did we not see this before???
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 15:52
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Oh my gawd!

The Theory of Evolution has just been [b]debunked
    !

How did we not see this before???[/b]
    Well I never thought of it before I just did. I guess when you don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ you think of those things?

WWJT? Well revelation claims he has a tattoo on his thigh unless it's his robe draped over his thigh. This is what I think his tattoo might say if he had one other then Lord of lords on his thigh. He would tattoo Leviticus 19:28 on his body. Or even Gen. 1:1-Rev.22-21.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 16:19
    Evolution doesn't exist, so the reason for getting tattoos is for something else.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 17:18
    Tattooing

Maybe a subliminal need to attract attention or an ego need to reinforce a sense of identity or self esteem or peer approval? Whatever may explain this bodily self effacement shrinks in comparison to self inflicted scar tissue of the soul.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 18:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Tattooing

Maybe a subliminal need to attract attention or an ego need to reinforce a sense of identity or self esteem or peer approval? Whatever may explain this bodily self effacement shrinks in comparison to self inflicted scar tissue of the soul.[/b]
    Why do you assume it is subliminal? Most people are well aware that they get tattos, wear makeup wear nice clothes buy fancy cars etc etc specifically to attract attention.

My own reasons for not getting a tattoo are:
    1. They can attract significant negative attention in the work place.
    2. They are relatively irreversible.
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 18:31
    Not everyone evolves, take the creationists for example, and they would have to agree on this point. 🙂
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 19:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why do you assume it is subliminal? Most people are well aware that they get tattos, wear makeup wear nice clothes buy fancy cars etc etc specifically to attract attention.

My own reasons for not getting a tattoo are:
    1. They can attract significant negative attention in the work place.
    2. They are relatively irreversible.
    Because of the second definition Merriam-Webster offers, "existing or functioning below the threshold of consciousness". That's why. Your "...own reasons for not getting a tattoo." are pragmatic and therefore make sense. You care.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 20:14
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Not everyone evolves, take the creationists for example, and they would have to agree on this point. 🙂
    So are you saying that the Africans and Mexicans. S.A. don't evolve as fast as the Europeans and Asians?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 20:34
    Originally posted by josephw
    Evolution doesn't exist, so the reason for getting tattoos is for something else.
    So we see NOTHING change from one species to another?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 20:38
    Bible forbids tattooing
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 20:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Because of the second definition Merriam-Webster offers, "existing or functioning below the threshold of consciousness".
    Well I disagree then, as I have already stated (and you have apparently ignored as is your tradition).
    When my neighbor got himself a tatoo, he quite clearly was very conscious of the fact that he was getting it so that he could show it off to everyone - and so was everyone else.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 20:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Bible forbids tattooing
    Let's have the scripture, please.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 20:43
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Let's have the scripture, please.
    "Thou shalt not tattoo."
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 20:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    "Thou shalt not tattoo."
    thankyou.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree