1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 20:32
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Almost all atheists who argue on the internet, IME, show distinct signs of fundamentalist attitudes. In fact, mentally they're more closely related to fundamentalist Christians than either of them are to non-fundamentalist Christians.
    SB can you indicate what attitudes you think are shared by religious fundamentalist and Atheists?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 22:47
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If we are evolving and getting better at things then why do people still get tattoos?
    This reminds me of your famous statement which went along the lines of:

"If god doesn't exist, then how do you explain speaking in tongues?"
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 04:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This reminds me of your famous statement which went along the lines of:

"If god doesn't exist, then how do you explain speaking in tongues?"
    We'll say for example if I only speak English and then I start speaking Russian and never heard it a day in my life?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 08:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hah! Well-said.
    Perhaps you too can answer OdBod's question above
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 08:35
    We'll say for example if I only speak English and then I start speaking Russian and never heard it a day in my life?
    When you do so, I'll tell you what the most reasonable explanation I can think of is. Until you do so, there is nothing that needs explaining.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 14:053 edits
    Have you ever heard someone speaking Russian (or other language) who has never spoken Russian (or other language) in their life?

Edit: my point being; no you haven't and nor have I; so why use it as an argument? Because it's in the Bible, right? Which is like saying to an atheist "God exists because it says so in the Bible". It's a dumb argument.

I'm not trying to damage your faith, I'm just trying to help you see things from an unbeliever's perspective.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 16:51
    Originally posted by OdBod
    SB can you indicate what attitudes you think are shared by religious fundamentalist and Atheists?
    They both have a tendency to interpret the Bible literally where it should not be, and figuratively what may be taken literally.
    They both tend to exaggerate positions taken or shown in the Bible, in different directions, but both exaggerate.
    Neither of them take religion seriously. Both see it as something to fight, either with or against, and not as something to use for brotherly love, which is its real purpose on this earth.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 16:52
    If. Hic Rhodos, hic salta.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree