1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 06:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well if you're happy to accept the results of elections then that makes you a supporter of democracy then, I suppose.
    I accept when we vote for who we want, we will live with the results good or
    bad.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 06:561 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I advocate a flat tax.
    Kelly
    I believe we already tried the flat tax and it failed. So how about the FairTax?

http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/taxes/a/aafairtax.htm

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HowFairTaxWorks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairTax

P.S. The Flat tax is too complicated and we want to get away from complicated.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 07:07
    I accept when we vote for who we want, we will live with the results good or
    bad.
    Kelly
    This is my approach too.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 09:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    cows and chickens cant exist before humans, yeah right.
    Not domesticated ones, not in the slightest. Are you going to argue that domesticated dogs came before humans?
  5. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 11:01
    I am still waiting for you to produce a single specimen of transmutation. You produced, bacteria which adapts and does not transmute to anything other than bacteria, your assertion therefore of stating that a theist avoids scientific discussion is quite simply simply put, ludicrous and is rather reminiscent of the completely unfounded assertions those who have limited their search for truth to unintelligent agencies are want to make.
    Please go back and read my post of 26 Jan 17:03! You seem utterly incapable of answering the question . I think your reticence in addressing the question is because you know where it is going!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 11:07
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Please go back and read my post of 26 Jan 17:03! You seem utterly incapable of answering the question . I think your reticence in addressing the question is because you know where it is going!
    Ah, now there's the rub.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 21:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is my approach too.
    It is nice agreeing with you from time to time. 🙂
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 21:091 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe we already tried the flat tax and it failed. So how about the FairTax?

http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/taxes/a/aafairtax.htm

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HowFairTaxWorks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairTax

P.S. The Flat tax is too complicated and we want to get away from complicated.
    A flat tax isn't complicated it is the simplest there is, if you earn 100 and 10%
    is the tax you pay 10 no fuse no muss, you make a 1000 you pay 100, and
    so on. It only gets complex when people want to tinker with it to make it more
    fair than it already is. Which brings us back into the, it isn't an income tax it is
    a punishment tax.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 00:571 edit
    A flat tax isn't complicated it is the simplest there is, if you earn 100 and 10%
    is the tax you pay 10 no fuse no muss, you make a 1000 you pay 100, and
    so on. It only gets complex when people want to tinker with it to make it more
    fair than it already is. Which brings us back into the, it isn't an income tax it is
    a punishment tax.
    Kelly
    Well, if you want to put a lot of people in poverty by a flat tax without adjustments for those that have more children and are only making minimum wages, then it would be simple, but definitely not fair. Also income that is not reported is not taxed. Too much opportunity to cheat.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 10:31
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Not domesticated ones, not in the slightest. Are you going to argue that domesticated dogs came before humans?
    domesticated is a generic term for animals such as cows, chickens etc, the fact that they appeared before man is what? should they be termed wild chickens?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 10:35
    Originally posted by OdBod
    I also see that you are unable to provide a single reference of a species (genus) that has transmutated into another, i will refrain from making references to your personality, I would be pleased if you did the same. I have read your posts once and it was quite enough. You have failed to produce a single species which has transmutated and your hypothesis therefore remains just that, a hypothesis. Citing adaptation is not proof of transmutation.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 10:381 edit
    domesticated is a generic term for animals such as cows, chickens etc, the fact that they appeared before man is what? should they be termed wild chickens?
    All chickes were wild before they came under the control of man. There as some still wild today. I am not aware that Genesis states that God created domesticated animals. God gave us dominion over all animals, but it was up to us to domesticate the ones we could.

This from Genesis:

Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[b] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

(Genesis 1:24-28 NKJV)
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 10:41
    Are you claiming domesticated dogs came before humans?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 10:501 edit
    Domesticated means that artificial selection has been carried out by humans. The course of these animals genetic history has been shaped by mankind, we have bred them to meet our needs. That is what domesticated means.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 11:122 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Are you claiming domesticated dogs came before humans?
    Are you going to answer my question or just choose to ignore it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree