1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 02:17
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I don't care how you define a nothing, it is a lack of restraint upon human
    nature so all that embrace their lower nature, are acting out just as anyone
    without restraint would, in other words an Atheist.
    Kelly
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_true_that_Atheists_have_lower_crime_rates_than_theists_in_general_or_Christians_in_particular

http://www.atheismresource.com/2010/atheist-dont-commit-as-much-crime-as-the-religious-do
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 02:38
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_true_that_Atheists_have_lower_crime_rates_than_theists_in_general_or_Christians_in_particular

http://www.atheismresource.com/2010/atheist-dont-commit-as-much-crime-as-the-religious-do
    One would naturally expect such a bias report from atheismresource.com.

The Instructor
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 02:59
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    What is Truth? Truth is that which is eternal, is always the same, never decays.
    So, in essence, you don't know.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 03:01
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    The very same. The flawed genius of his time. Certainly didn't adopt the adage that anything was okay so long as you could get away with it.
    So he was a pastor, and failing that opted for artist in order to give a spiritual response via that medium to the glory of God, but somehow you peg him as an atheist?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 03:02
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

So how did anyone come up with who is an Atheist and who isn't? The
    debate here on who or what is an Atheist still goes on here off and on. Just
    because people don't claim the name if they reject God or ignore God they
    fall into realm of Atheist. Simply asking isn't really a clear measure.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 03:112 edits
    So how did anyone come up with who is an Atheist and who isn't? The
    debate here on who or what is an Atheist still goes on here off and on. Just
    because people don't claim the name if they reject God or ignore God they
    fall into realm of Atheist. Simply asking isn't really a clear measure.
    Kelly
    "Definition of atheism in English: atheism. Syllabification: (a·the·ism); noun; disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods." Origin: "late 16th century: from French athéisme, from Greek atheos, from a- 'without' + theos 'god'. Spell atheism and the related word atheist with -ei- after the h." (atheism in other oxforddictionaries.com)
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 04:06

and was freezing because it was 80 at night, because during the day it was
    over 115 for several days in a row in Arizona.
    When we are having a streak of 115+ days in Arizona, it's much more typical for the nighttime lows to hover around 90. In fact, it rarely gets down to 85, much less 80, in summertime in Arizona (at least in the central Sonoran deserts).

Although I guess it depends on where you are. I understand that in the Colorado river valley, where daytime temperatures are often the most extreme in Arizona (being in or near the Mohave desert as it is), the nighttime temperatures can be lower because of the humidity from the river.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 04:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    When we are having a streak of 115+ days in Arizona, it's much more typical for the nighttime lows to hover around 90. In fact, it rarely gets down to 85, much less 80, in summertime in Arizona (at least in the central Sonoran deserts).

Although I guess it depends on where you are. I understand that in the Colorado river valley, where daytime temperatu ...[text shortened]... esert as it is), the nighttime temperatures can be lower because of the humidity from the river.
    I had to take a trip to Folsom California during 4th July weekend, it was
    very hot in Arizona I don't recall how hot. The first night we were in Folsom
    we had to go to the store to buy jackets we were freezing our butts off. I do
    believe it was in the 80 maybe even a brutal 75! LOL
    I used to laugh at everyone when we first moved there, it got down into the
    40's one winter and the news stations were going nuts about bringing in
    small animals and covering your plants. When we left Illinois we were
    dealing with 60 below zero wind chill in one winter storm. 🙂
    Kelly
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 04:341 edit
    I had to take a trip to Folsom California during 4th July weekend, it was
    very hot in Arizona I don't recall how hot. The first night we were in Folsom
    we had to go to the store to buy jackets we were freezing our butts off. I do
    believe it was in the 80 maybe even a brutal 75! LOL
    I used to laugh at everyone when we first moved there, it got down into ...[text shortened]... n we left Illinois we were
    dealing with 60 below zero wind chill in one winter storm. 🙂
    Kelly
    Yes, occasionally in the wintertime at night it does get down to freezing here, and they do the obligatory warning to cover plants and bring pets in. I guess they have to, because people here are just not used to that at all. They probably don't have to mention these things other places because the people all know what to do because it's much more common to get that low. I mean it never snows here usually, except maybe one day a year, if we're lucky.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 04:411 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, occasionally in the wintertime at night it does get down to freezing here, and they do the obligatory warning to cover plants and bring pets in. I guess they have to, because people here are just not used to that at all. They probably don't have to mention these things other places because the people all know what to do because it's much more common ...[text shortened]... at low. I mean it never snows here usually, except maybe one day a year, if we're lucky.
    Now that you got me thinking about the time we lived there, our neighbor
    would go out and start their car to warm it up when it was in the 60 or 70s.
    I asked her why she said because you were supposed to when its cold out.
    I tried to tell her not to worry about it till it is freezing, but she was so sure! 🙂
    Kelly
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 04:49
    Now that you got me thinking about the time we lived there, our neighbor
    would go out and start their car to warm it up when it was in the 60 or 70s.
    I asked her why she said because you were supposed to when its cold out.
    I tried to tell her not to worry about it till is freezing, but she was so sure! 🙂
    Kelly
    Hehe, yeah, I never do that. I don't believe you have to do this in cars with fuel injection. But I agree, maybe 95+% of the time, it never even gets that cold (freezing, I mean).
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 05:22
    It isn't the only thing, but it is one of the things. One thing I believe is that
    Jesus died for everyone, because of that Jesus deserves to have us treat
    each person no matter how they behaved towards us with all the grace and
    mercy we can, because He showed us grace and mercy to us. Our (my)
    justification to treat anyone badly has been removed, becaus ...[text shortened]... ng to my desire to
    treat people according to my views of right and wrong, good and evil.
    Kelly
    Wow ! Silly me. I don't commit violent acts against others because I KNOW it is wrong. I do not require any belief system to confirm or deny that fact.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 05:40
    Just because people don't claim the name if they reject God or ignore God they fall into realm of Atheist.
    Incorrect. An atheists is someone who lacks belief in God. Someone who rejects God, or knowingly ignores God clearly believes in God and is thus a theist.
  14. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 06:28
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So, in essence, you don't know.
    If you don't understand my answer I suggest you meditate upon it. Hold it up against the light of reason and you will glimpse its truth. I can't tell you - you have to realize for yourself.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 06:33
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Wow ! Silly me. I don't commit violent acts against others because I KNOW it is wrong. I do not require any belief system to confirm or deny that fact.
    Well never said you'd did now did I, I also didn't say everyone who is an
    Atheist would commit violent acts either. If you want to claim everyone
    who does not believe in God or holds no views about God as Atheist, you
    get to have them in the Atheist clan.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree