1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 23:51
    I don't care if you are an atheist or anything else. Nor do I care whether you believe the traditional story of Thanks Giving or not.

Enjoy the day with your family and friends, and give thanks to whom ever you please.

"But be ye thankful."
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 00:20
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't care if you are an atheist or anything else. Nor do I care whether you believe the traditional story of Thanks Giving or not.

Enjoy the day with your family and friends, and give thanks to whom ever you please.

"But be ye thankful."
    Yes, as we gorge ourselves on turkey, let's give thanks. We have much to be thankful for afterall. Particularly that we aren't on the receiving end of this two-fold genocidal celebration. Not just a Holiday, but a Holy Day of thanks where we gather together and celibrate the genocide of the Native Americans by snuffing out millions of turkeys. Who am I to stand against such a sacred event.

So, by all means, be thankful. Be thanful that you're the invader and not the invadee. The exploiter and not the exploited. The dominator and not the dominated. A glutonous celebration of thievery, colonization and genocide. Pray to your God or Gods and thank them for allowing your ancestors to crush legions of a simple, spiritual people under their hob nail boot heels. I can almost smell the gunpowder and hear the hollow thunk of a musket ball slamming into the spine of a squaw as she covers her screaming infant. I can almost feel the scratchy wool of small pox ridden blankets as it's draped over a young indian girl being tucked in for the night. Mmmm, mmm, good, I can't wait for a drumstick.

I wonder, how would we react to the Germans celebrating the Holocaust with a huge feast? Perhaps this gathering will be accompanied by the traditional burning of the Jew log on a roaring fire. Much drinking and gluttony will follow.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 00:32
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Yes, as we gorge ourselves on turkey, let's give thanks. We have much to be thankful for afterall. Particularly that we aren't on the receiving end of this two-fold genocidal celebration. Not just a Holiday, but a Holy Day of thanks where we gather together and celibrate the genocide of the Native Americans by snuffing out millions of turkeys. Who ...[text shortened]... ditional burning of the Jew log on a roaring fire. Much drinking and gluttony will follow.
    Give me a break. I was only just born last century. I had nothing to do with any of that.

But I did thank that 20 lb. turkey just before I......

"I wonder, how would we react to the Germans celebrating the Holocaust with a huge feast?"

No doubt had Hitler been successful, the Germans, and all the rest of us, would be doing just that.

Thank God for America for saving the world from that monster.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 00:411 edit
    Yes, as we gorge ourselves on turkey, let's give thanks. We have much to be thankful for afterall. Particularly that we aren't on the receiving end of this two-fold genocidal celebration. Not just a Holiday, but a Holy Day of thanks where we gather together and celibrate the genocide of the Native Americans by snuffing out millions of turkeys. Who ditional burning of the Jew log on a roaring fire. Much drinking and gluttony will follow.
    wow, wait a minute, what are you talking about? i thought this thing began in New york and was begun by English (spit ding!) puritan settler for good crops or something? clearly i need to research this.

you know i was watching a native American elder on you tube the other day, he was talking about his ancient way of life, how as a kid he would talk to the trees and gather plants for healing, having learned these things from certain animals, and how that trees were like huge communities, destroying trees was destroying communities. he was talking about our responsibility, how every generation must confront its responsibility and how global commercial conglomerates were destroying the earth for profit, unconcerned with responsibility. he made a lot of sense, maybe some day i will get to meet a native American, my wish from childhood.
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 05:02

"But be ye thankful."
    Hey jaywill,

Have a good time all the time, I wish you the best for you and yours!
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 10:13
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Hey jaywill,

Have a good time all the time, I wish you the best for you and yours!
    I happened to notice this. Thanks.

Best wishes to you and family.
  7. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 10:39
    Give me a break. I was only just born last century. I had nothing to do with any of that.

[b]"I wonder, how would we react to the Germans celebrating the Holocaust with a huge feast?"

No doubt had Hitler been successful, the Germans, and all the rest of us, would be doing just that.

Thank God for America for saving the world from that monster.[/b]
    Thank God for Russia (and her weather) for saving the world from that monster.
    Corrected for historical accuracy......
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 11:151 edit

[b]"I wonder, how would we react to the Germans celebrating the Holocaust with a huge feast?"

you are under the impression that only america had a hand in defeating hitler.

edit: mexico noticed this fact as well
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 11:17
    Yes, as we gorge ourselves on turkey, let's give thanks. We have much to be thankful for afterall. Particularly that we aren't on the receiving end of this two-fold genocidal celebration. Not just a Holiday, but a Holy Day of thanks where we gather together and celibrate the genocide of the Native Americans by snuffing out millions of turkeys. Who ...[text shortened]... ditional burning of the Jew log on a roaring fire. Much drinking and gluttony will follow.
    no argument from me there. you kinda hit the nail in the head.
  10. Playing with matches
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 13:44

My post, as usual carried considerable venom with it. However, it is factual. We, European settlers, killed, through action or inaction, millions of native americans. The great silent holocaust. No memorials, no moment of silence, just turkey and nobody knows what they are celebrating.

We should be thankful for our families and friends. We should be thankful for freedom and beautiful world that lies open to us. However, I do think we should take such moments of thanks to reflect upon the burden of history.
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 17:272 edits
    We, European settlers, killed, through action or inaction, millions of native americans.
    Tha brothaz had nothin' to do with it. If they had, we'd be eating chicken and watermelons instead of turkey and cranberries.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 17:53
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Tha brothaz had nothin' to do with it. If they had, we'd be eating chicken and watermelons instead of turkey and cranberries.
    I don't know bout you Doc, but I'm down with some wings and fried chicken for T-givin.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 18:21
    My post, as usual carried considerable venom with it. However, it is factual. We, European settlers, killed, through action or inaction, millions of native americans. The great silent holocaust. No memorials, no moment of silence, just turkey and nobody knows what they are celebrating.

We should be thankful for our families and friends. We should ...[text shortened]... However, I do think we should take such moments of thanks to reflect upon the burden of history.
    "However, I do think we should take such moments of thanks to reflect upon the burden of history."

You are absolutely right.

I will not deny that our forefathers are guilty of horrible crimes against humanity, but the same thing is happening today all over the world.

But in the midst of it all I can still be grateful for what I have.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 18:30
    We have a lot to be thankful for, regardless of the past which we have
    no control over. Our ills for the most part are brought upon us by
    ourselves if we could move past that we would be better off. No matter
    your leaning on any topic I hope your holidays are good ones and you
    enjoy the fruit of your labor and may it not be mixed with ill or grief.
    Kelly
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 19:17
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Our ills for the most part are brought upon us by
    ourselves if we could move past that we would be better off.
    I am not so sure about that. Many of the ills I have experienced were things I had little or no control over. The same goes for many other people I know. Other ills may be due to not doing the right thing (or best thing in the circumstance) but often that is without knowledge of what the best thing to do was.

I certainly think that some of the worst tragedies are not brought on the victims by themselves though in some cases the cause is most definitely human.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree