The 6000 year thing...

The 6000 year thing...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
09 Feb 12

If we go by the bible timings and it took God 7 days to make the earth, then exponentially it took much more than 6000 years to make all the rest of this stuff surely... ???

http://images.4channel.org/f/src/589217_scale_of_universe_enhanced.swf

Discuss...

Houston, Texas

Moves
09 Feb 12

Originally posted by cadwah
If we go by the bible timings and it took God 7 days to make the earth, then exponentially it took much more than 6000 years to make all the rest of this stuff surely... ???

Discuss...
Fascinating link.

To your question, gor the idea of an omniscient entity, I would not think that terms like "exponentionally" are any kind of limitation. Though, I do see your point.

As an aside and not necessarily responsive to your question, isn't the idea behind the 6000 years, is that there is a basis that 1 day in Genesis is equal to 1000 years, and that God created everything in 6 days (i.e., 6000 years) and rested on day 7.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by moon1969
Fascinating link.

To your question, gor the idea of an omniscient entity, I would not think that terms like "exponentionally" are any kind of limitation. Though, I do see your point.

As an aside and not necessarily responsive to your question, isn't the idea behind the 6000 years, is that there is a basis that 1 day in Genesis is equal to 1000 years, and that God created everything in 6 days (i.e., 6000 years) and rested on day 7.
That doesn't help any with evolutionists for that is not enough time for them.
They require millions and sometimes billions of years for their evolutionary
processes. So the time of creation might as well stay 6 days of 24 hours
just like it is written in the Holy Bible. I think the the day equals 1000 yrs
has something to do with prophecy, but then instead of 6000 years it has
to be 7000 because there was 7 days. I don't think anyone really knows.

F

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
That doesn't help any with evolutionists for that is not enough time for them.
They require millions and sometimes billions of years for their evolutionary
processes. So the time of creation might as well stay 6 days of 24 hours
just like it is written in the Holy Bible. I think the the day equals 1000 yrs
has something to do with prophecy, but then in ...[text shortened]... of 6000 years it has
to be 7000 because there was 7 days. I don't think anyone really knows.
Robbie said something genious. Sometimes he is bright.

I quote: "...do try to learn something, anything would be better than this ill informed and blatantly ignorant projection of ignorance, its not an attempt to condescend to you in any way, but your lack of understanding is really incredulous. To project it on to others, immoral. ..."

Listen at robbie.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by FabianFnas

I quote: "...do try to learn something, anything would be better than this ill informed and blatantly ignorant projection of ignorance, its not an attempt to condescend to you in any way, but your lack of understanding is really incredulous. To project it on to others, immoral. ..."

Listen at robbie.
yes listen to Robbie, I agree.

F

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes listen to Robbie, I agree.
...when he knows what he's talking about.

When he speculates about evolution and science, then he should follow his own advice. To stay shut.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 12

...when he knows what he's talking about.

When he speculates about evolution and science, then he should follow his own advice. To stay shut.
oh a proviso, wow its becoming more like punctuated equilibrium by the minute! the
evidence doesn't fit the theory, we'll make up a new theory to account for that, brilliant,
crisis over, problem solved.

F

Moves
10 Feb 12

oh a proviso, wow its becoming more like punctuated equilibrium by the minute! the
evidence doesn't fit the theory, we'll make up a new theory to account for that, brilliant,
crisis over, problem solved.
I would gladly discuss sciencewith you, but when you, despite your ignorance about the subject, have made up your mind, then it is not worth the effort.

If you don't know the subject, stay shut. It's your own advice, remember?

rc

Moves
10 Feb 12

I would gladly discuss sciencewith you, but when you, despite your ignorance about the subject, have made up your mind, then it is not worth the effort.

If you don't know the subject, stay shut. It's your own advice, remember?
another two words, circular reasoning!

F

Moves
10 Feb 12

another two words, circular reasoning!
When you know about the subject, I'll be happy to discuss it with you. Until then... remember your own words.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Feb 12

When you know about the subject, I'll be happy to discuss it with you. Until then... remember your own words.
You also need to learn about the subject yourself before you try to discuss it.

F

Moves
10 Feb 12
1 edit

You are not able to determine that. You and Dasa are just creationists without knowledge about evolution and science.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by cadwah

Discuss...
I have said this repeatedly there is debate about things within scripture over time.
As some believe there was a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 of a huge
amount of time, where God had in place a completely other universe, and this
one is being reformed to do something else.
I don't really hold to that belief, but it is there and people I respect have it.
I think if you want to really worry about time, the best thing to think about now
days is how much is left.
Kelly

Z

Moves
10 Feb 12

Listen at robbie.
as opposed to listen to proper knob or twhite or anyone who tells him the exact same thing every day.

Z

Moves
10 Feb 12

how would you know it? you don't have the knowledge to call him out when he is wrong.

other than "the priest that is interpreting the bible for me told me you are wrong"