1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 18:261 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Well it's all fiction Suzanne, we're just quibbling over the authorship here ;]

But seeing as how you're so fiercely brand loyal I'll come back later with a pre-existing passage, for which the given defence left something to be desired.
    Blasphemy does pretty much sum up your intent. I get you think it is all
    fiction, and you choose in the face of those that don't see it as you do
    to insult them all. You I suppose knew the reaction you were going to get,
    I bet you even laughed about it. In this life at this time, that warped mind
    of yours can do these things, pay back isn't ours, it is the One you are
    really insulting, He does repay.
    Kelly
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 18:36
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    Warped mind. Well that about sums up the reason there are religious wars. YOUR side thinking the other side is warped. Now of course I don't expect you will be picking up arms or even a whiffle ball against Agerg but in the larger context you may notice how safe you would be yelling "I love the devil' at a pentacostal meeting in the hills of Kentucky or saying "Mohammed is evil' in a mosque in Kabul.

You can't just live side by side those with opposite views, you have to pronounce anyone who doesn't agree with you as warped.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 19:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Warped mind. Well that about sums up the reason there are religious wars. YOUR side thinking the other side is warped. Now of course I don't expect you will be picking up arms or even a whiffle ball against Agerg but in the larger context you may notice how safe you would be yelling "I love the devil' at a pentacostal meeting in the hills of Kentucky or say ...[text shortened]... de those with opposite views, you have to pronounce anyone who doesn't agree with you as warped.
    At least, a disciple of the Devil. 😏
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 21:361 edit
    As promised, here is one that was written by someone else:

"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead."

And the defence was:
    True, but you forgot to mention how these people enslaved the Isrealites and oppressed them... Did I mention "severe" oppression?

So apparently its ok for "God" to personally step in and slaughter little babies and children en-masse to punish some grown-ups.

I think we can do better ... what say you theists!?
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 21:39
    Kelly
    Actually there is a point to this thread, and it does not revolve around ridiculing people. Indeed, why don't you tell me WHO I am ridiculing (and no, ridiculing your notion of "God" does not count as ridiculing people).

As for warped mind ... pots and kettles spring to mind!
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 22:532 edits
    Warped mind. Well that about sums up the reason there are religious wars. YOUR side thinking the other side is warped. Now of course I don't expect you will be picking up arms or even a whiffle ball against Agerg but in the larger context you may notice how safe you would be yelling "I love the devil' at a pentacostal meeting in the hills of Kentucky or say ...[text shortened]... de those with opposite views, you have to pronounce anyone who doesn't agree with you as warped.
    Religious wars doesn't take believers in any god just some lame brain with
    an eye on power. I don't go insulting those I disagree with by attacking
    something sacred to them just to get a reaction, then harp on them for
    those reactions. I do think he has a warped mind, yes, one that enjoys
    upsetting those that have done nothing to him, or you I imagine.
    Kelly
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 22:55
    Actually there is a point to this thread, and it does not revolve around ridiculing people. Indeed, why don't you tell me WHO I am ridiculing (and no, ridiculing your notion of "God" does not count as ridiculing people).

As for warped mind ... pots and kettles spring to mind!
    Provoking those that hold God as sacred just to get a reaction then
    thinking you are some how justified is sad. It isn't me that I think
    you have to worry about or anyone else here that posts, God does
    repay.
    Kelly
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 00:32
    As promised, here is one that was written by someone else:

[quote]"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his serv ...[text shortened]... ildren en-masse to punish some grown-ups.

I think we can do better ... what say you theists!?
    Do you forget that the final plague on Egypt was brought on by Pharaoh himself?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 00:50
    to insult them all.
    This is interesting. Can you explain the "insult" you perceive in the OP?
  10. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 00:59
    So many of you who call yourselves christian get so worked up over what other people say, people that you likely will never meet. People who already know of the word and do not grow in spirit. These people are either the seeds that grew on the hard ground, grew quickly and vibrantly then withered or they grew in the thorny brambles and were choke out. .. and when you as a Christian act the way many of you act on these forums then you are the thorny brambles and the ones stripping the soil.

Be the farmer and sow the seed and leave the rest up to God, do not argue with people who have different beliefs than you and do not be afraid or hurt because of their words. Only God can judge you.
  11. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 01:131 edit
    And thus goes the arrogance of religion. As if NOTHING else is true but that ONE faith.

That there is zero discussion about alternate ideas of how the world got here, how the universe got here, how life got here to Earth.

Mankind, so well loved by your god it let 100 million die at the hands of despots in the 20th century with nary a peep out of this ...[text shortened]... the mind of god'.

I can know for CERTAIN if this god is real, I want nothing to do with it.
    Suffering is something we bring upon ourselves. We make our own lives so important to us that death becomes an utterly terrifying idea.

When we come to love the Father, if one is devoted to his will then your life on this earth becomes not so important and death loses its fangs; you can truly be at peace. When you have this peace then the world cannot bring you down, death and disease cannot maim you and the yoke of your oppressors will be shattered.

In the end if those 100 million were devoted to God then they ended up better off than the despots whose hands shed them of their mortal coils and they probably harbor no ill will towards their murderers.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 01:19
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    ...when you as a Christian act the way many of you act on these forums then you are the thorny brambles and the ones stripping the soil.
    A few of the vocal Christians here seem to revel in being unpleasant and dishing out personal abuse. Others employ a carefully calculated passive aggressive persona. There are others who pout when asked 'difficult' questions. Others appear to be constantly nasty in an effort to be funny. I imagine that inhabiting this patch of brambles is just a bit of fun and a chance to let off steam. That these various demeanours would be counter-productive and undignified in 'real life' is understood, surely? I think it's just a cyberspace thing.
  13. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 01:371 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    A few of the vocal Christians here seem to revel in being unpleasant and dishing out personal abuse. Others employ a carefully calculated passive aggressive persona. There are others who pout when asked 'difficult' questions. Others appear to be constantly nasty in an effort to be funny. I imagine that inhabiting this patch of brambles is just a bit of fun and a ...[text shortened]... tive and undignified in 'real life' is understood, surely? I think it's just a cyberspace thing.
    Who are you if you have one persona in "real life" and a totally different one in cyberspace? Which one is actually your true self? I try to carry my values across every platform and to communicate openly and with integrity no matter to whom I speak. I have chosen to represent the Father and in doing so must reaffirm this through every action I take. As Christians we represent the Father and the way we act speaks louder of our faith and our morals than anything else.

Calling yourself a Christian and then acting like a petulant child makes all Christians and the entire body of Christ look like petulant children. Whomever acts this way when they cannot be seen are further from God than anyone who openly admits they despise Him.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 01:47
    Who are you if you have one persona in "real life" and a totally different one in cyberspace? Which one is actually your true self?
    I would say that a religionist's "true self" is the one that lives with one's spouse and children, interacts with a wider family and neighbours, goes to work, deals with clients, goes to church or mosque or temple ~ or not, as the case may be ~ goes shopping, takes holidays, and so on. All that stuff is what someone "is".
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 01:48
    Calling yourself a Christian and then acting like a petulant child makes all Christians and the entire body of Christ look like petulant children.
    No it doesn't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree