1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 22:344 edits
    For those with a creative streak ...

Here's how it goes ... try to create an authentic looking Bible passage which paints "God" in a bad light. Then, show how to defend it and make "God" come out smelling of roses! (not necessarily the same poster - and extra kudos to those who can fulfil a prophecy or two with them, or start a fight over how their interpretation is better than someone else's) I'll go first:

And the LORD cut out their tongues, and He did join them in blood, and He maketh a sign that thirty thousand hundred Egyptians would not rest until His taste for blood was no more; and the lambs were spared for they did no longer belong to the shepherds

This is clearly about the silencing of the egyptian slave drivers, He didn't physically cut out their tongues - more he rendered them unable to speak. It talks about an insurrection of the slaves who were joined by their own blood spilt. It speaks of how their masters were made helpless to organise a resistance - and these slaves were spared from God's Holy wrath.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 00:43
    Originally posted by Agerg

Here's how it goes ... try to create an authentic looking Bible passage which paints "God" in a bad light. Then, show how to defend it and make "God" come out smelling of roses! (not necessarily the same poster - and extra kudos to those who can fulfil a prophecy or two with them, or start a fight over how their interpre ...[text shortened]... ere made helpless to organise a resistance - and these slaves were spared from God's Holy wrath.
    You can even call it "The Blasphemy Game".

😞
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 01:061 edit

Here's how it goes ... try to create an authentic looking Bible passage which paints "God" in a bad light. Then, show how to defend it and make "God" come out smelling of roses! (not necessarily the same poster - and extra kudos to those who can fulfil a prophecy or two with them, or start a fight over how their interpre ...[text shortened]... ere made helpless to organise a resistance - and these slaves were spared from God's Holy wrath.
    It's madeth a sign. Jesus H. Christ. 😞
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 05:391 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You can even call it "The Blasphemy Game".

😞
    Or you could call it "Games Atheists love to play". If they're not telling us to confine ourselves to the Spirituality forum they're coming here to disrupt relevant discussions (relevant to the purpose of this forum) and starting their own threads in order to mock anyone who believes in and wants to talk about matters pertaining to spirituality.

I'm still waiting for one of those geniuses to take it a step further and demand we take any talk of religion to some other forum. As dumb as that sounds I wouldn't put it past some of the jokers who show up here. And these are the same jokers who complain if any hint of God or religion shows up at their precious Science forum. They probably think the word 'hypocrite' is strictly a religious term and therefore doesn't apply to any of them.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 06:40
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Or you could call it "Games Atheists love to play". If they're not telling us to confine ourselves to the Spirituality forum they're coming here to disrupt relevant discussions (relevant to the purpose of this forum) and starting their own threads in order to mock anyone who believes in and wants to talk about matters pertaining to spirituality.
    ...[text shortened]... nk the word 'hypocrite' is strictly a religious term and therefore doesn't apply to any of them.
    Rather than this wishy washy scatter gun ad hominem, I would be more interested to hear you share how you feel about 'explaining' some of the more difficult (so to speak) passages in say the OT. Sonship is a poster here who has, on occasion, written some thoroughly thought out stuff about the morality of things like slavery and genocide as depicted in the Bible. I must say that I cannot recall any other Christian ever putting the case to me as well as he did ~ for example, regarding slavery ~ even if I was not entirely persuaded. You should take a leaf from his book and offer something more "relevant to the purpose of this forum" than whining about the Science Forum here on the Spirituality Forum and engaging in banter about "jokers".
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 07:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Rather than this wishy washy scatter gun ad hominem, I would be more interested to hear you share how you feel about 'explaining' some of the more difficult (so to speak) passages in say the OT. Sonship is a poster here who has, on occasion, written some thoroughly thought out stuff about the morality of things like slavery and genocide as depicted in the Bible. ...[text shortened]... ng about the Science Forum here on the Spirituality Forum and engaging in banter about "jokers".
    What he said🙂
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 08:28
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    ...[text shortened]... nk the word 'hypocrite' is strictly a religious term and therefore doesn't apply to any of them.
    I agree with you.
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 08:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay to lemon lime
    I agree with you.
    It'd be more interesting to hear you share your thoughts about 'explaining' some of the more difficult passages in the Bible, the discussion this thread's OP has teed up.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 09:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    It'd be more interesting to hear you share your thoughts about 'explaining' some of the more difficult passages in the Bible, the discussion this thread's OP has teed up.
    I've jumped in almost all of the ones you have talked about for pages
    and pages of discussion. You honestly think I'd back down from one of
    those if I had an opinion?
    Kelly
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 09:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, that is *your* discussion. The discussion the OP has "teed up" is fiction, period.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 11:39
    No, that is *your* discussion. The discussion the OP has "teed up" is fiction, period.
    And thus goes the arrogance of religion. As if NOTHING else is true but that ONE faith.

That there is zero discussion about alternate ideas of how the world got here, how the universe got here, how life got here to Earth.

Mankind, so well loved by your god it let 100 million die at the hands of despots in the 20th century with nary a peep out of this deity and the only defense religious folk come up with is 'you can't know the mind of god'.

I can know for CERTAIN if this god is real, I want nothing to do with it.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 12:30
    Well it's all fiction Suzanne, we're just quibbling over the authorship here ;]

But seeing as how you're so fiercely brand loyal I'll come back later with a pre-existing passage, for which the given defence left something to be desired.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 14:31

But seeing as how you're so fiercely brand loyal I'll come back later with a pre-existing passage, for which the given defence left something to be desired.
    THAT will be easy enough to do!
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 17:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And thus goes the arrogance of religion. As if NOTHING else is true but that ONE faith.

That there is zero discussion about alternate ideas of how the world got here, how the universe got here, how life got here to Earth.

Mankind, so well loved by your god it let 100 million die at the hands of despots in the 20th century with nary a peep out of this ...[text shortened]... the mind of god'.

I can know for CERTAIN if this god is real, I want nothing to do with it.
    The point is that you guys come here only to ridicule what you don't believe. You guys are hypocrites because you want to keep us off the Science Forum when we try to discusss an alternate idea to evolution, yet you think we on the Spirituality Forum should be willing to discuss alternate ideas we feel are nonsense, like the spaghetti monster and no creator God.

If you know for certain that my God is a fake and want nothing to do with Him, then it would be better for you to stay away from the Spirituality Forum and leave the spiritually minded alone.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 17:441 edit

We Christians are against your false teachings. Take them to the Science Forum or maybe the Debate or General Forum. Maybe someone there will be willing to discuss your nonsense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree