1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 06:13
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    [b]You have been asked repeatedly on what basis you claim your faith?

This is a question I wouldn't hesitate answering a fellow Christian... but how do you figure it's any of your business? This is an inquisition with no teeth whatsoever, so how do you figure to force it out of me?

If you don't know what I believe (or why) then you are no ...[text shortened]... own affiliation with an implied presently held belief.

*where's the beef?[/b]
    This is mere deflection.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 06:14
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    And I reckon you will only 'see' whatever you want to see.
    This is mere dodging.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 06:171 edit
    lemon lime,

When I was a Christian, I accepted what I saw as being the word of God ~ that is to say the Bible ~ as being evidence to support Christian doctrine and the Christian way of life. I still accept that it is the evidence upon which Christianity is founded, even if I do not see it as credible.

You, on the other hand, do not accept the Bible as being evidence to support Christian doctrine; you made it clear ~ you don't accept it, and you didn't accept it before you believed in God and you still don't accept it now. You said so yourself. And you have had the opportunity to modify or retract this stance.

So on what basis you claim your faith if not the evidence laid out about Jesus and God in the Bible?

It's such a straightforward question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree