1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 20:381 edit
    As I AM God is everything we need. This God used a word picture of a very large female mammory gland, a large breasted mother - to signify that He was the Allsufficient One - El Shadai, in Genesis 17.

This was after a period of 13 years of silence. Or at least we have no record of God speaking to Abraham for 13 years between Genesis 16 and 17. Abraham had tried to fulfill God's promise in his own natural strength and produced Ishmael. This kept God from speaking to him for a long 13 year period of silence. And then ...

"And when Abram was ninety-nine years old, Jehovah appeared to Abram and said to him,

I am the All-sufficient God; Walk before Me, and be perfect. And I will make My covenant between Me and you, And I will multiply you exeedingly .. etc." (See Genesis 17:1,2)

The word picure is a large set of female breasts from the Hebrew. The All-sufficient one is the "Big Breasted" One. God say 'b]"Walk before Me and be perfect"[/b].

I use to think that God was commanding Abraham to live a perfect life on his own strength. God was not demanding that Abraham be a perfect man in his natural strength. God was telling Abraham that He was the All sufficient supply, like a mother with big breast which contain an all powerful "milk" to nourish and uphold mankind in every way.

If we depend upon the Allsufficient God we can walk before God as perfect. This is also the word which I believe is sometimes translated "God Almighty".

El Shadai is the Big Breasted One who can perfectly supply man, perfectly uphold man and be everything that man needs.

"I AM" spoke by God in Exodus and by God incarnate in John 8 is along the same priniciple. God can be EVERYTHING man needs. And through uniting with Him man can walk before God as He willed man to walk.

As I Am, God is everything we need. To the words "I AM" we can add whatever we may need.

Are you tired? The "I AM" of Jesus Christ can be your rest.
    Are you hungry? The "I AM" can be your food.

In the New Testament Jesus Christ used many things to describe Himself:

"I am the true vine" (John 15:1)

"I am the bread of life" (John 6:35)

"I am the light" (John 8:12)

As "I AM", God is everything - heaven, earth, air, water, trees, birds, cattle. No this is not to teach pantheism. This is not to teach the material universe is God.

This is to teach that everything positive in the universe has its reality in God who is the great "I AM". God is the reality of every positive thing.

This also implies that God must be YOU and God must be I. God, through His incarnation as the Lord Jesus, has gone through a process in which He can become YOU. When you receive Jesus Christ into your being, you set off a eternal chain reaction in which God is becomming YOU.

God is building Himself into those who receive Christ. And God is building them into God for an eternal organic mingling of divinity and humanity. We can receive Christ and proclaim - 'Lord Jesus, You are me."

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

That means that your human innermost being, your spirit can unite with the Holy Spirit who is God, to become one united and mingled spirit - "one spirit".

In this way Jesus can become you. That is Jesus comes into you as "life giving Spirit" and GIVES God to you. He gives God to you as your life.
  2. St. Peter's
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 23:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no it doesn't and no it wasn't. Please tell me what the original Hebrew states, you can
    go to any interlinear and find out, please tell me what the original Greek states, as
    found in the Septuagint, i dont know how you will find it, i have a copy in my library.
    of course it was, time and again your heretical dogma has been proven false and you blithely say tra la la la la, nope didn't see anything, blah blah blah. You are deluded.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 00:031 edit
    Originally posted by Doward
    of course it was, time and again your heretical dogma has been proven false and you blithely say tra la la la la, nope didn't see anything, blah blah blah. You are deluded.
    then produce the Hebrew text, it should be easy to find, Exodus 3:14, or retract you
    statement and issue a public apology, for I have made nothing clear that cannot be
    derived from the text.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 01:552 edits
    The enemy of God, Satan, utilized Judaism's religion to oppose the Son of God.
    In Revelation Jesus refered to "the synagogue of Satan" (Rev. 3:9)

"Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, those who call themselves Jews and are not, but lie - behold, I will cause them to come and fall prostrate before your feet and to know that I have loved you." (Rev. 3:9)

This must mean that Jesus will fully vindicate the new covenant church, that body of Christ which the Apostle Paul called "the Israel of God" (Gal. 6:16) before those who utilized Judaism to oppose Christ.

I have no doubt that Christ could well refer to the Jehovah's Witnesses as "the Kingdom Hall of Satan" in the same way. These modern religionists also oppose the Son of God. These enemies of the Gospel too will be made to know that God has loved those who worship Jesus Christ as God.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 05:08
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The enemy of God, Satan, utilized Judaism's religion to oppose the Son of God.
    In Revelation Jesus refered to [b]"the synagogue of Satan" (Rev. 3:9)

"Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, those who call themselves Jews and are not, but lie - behold, I will cause them to come and fall prostrate before your feet and to know that I ...[text shortened]... pel too will be made to know that God has loved those who worship Jesus Christ as God.
    i have no doubt christ would refer to the entire christian religion in all its various branches as the kingdom hall of satan. modern christianity has lost touch with what it means to be christian.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 05:441 edit
    then produce the Hebrew text, it should be easy to find, Exodus 3:14, or retract you
    statement and issue a public apology, for I have made nothing clear that cannot be
    derived from the text.
    From the Hebrew it is rendered "I Am that I Am " Apparently. Exodus 3:14

The part that you always seem not to answer RC is the reaction to what Jesus said in John 8:58 whether it be trinitarian snakes or not why this they react the way they did towards the words Christ said? They picked up stones to throw at Him. Why?

John 8:58 could read before Abraham was "I am" or "I have been"

Manny
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 06:18
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i have no doubt christ would refer to the entire christian religion in all its various branches as the kingdom hall of satan. modern christianity has lost touch with what it means to be christian.
    And you were never intouch with what it means to be christian.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 06:22
    derived from the text.
    http://biblos.com/exodus/3-14.htm
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 07:01
    Originally posted by menace71
    that's a special case translation. look up a couple verses and see how the exact same term is 'rendered' differently, or correctly as the case may be.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 07:17
    that's a special case translation. look up a couple verses and see how the exact same term is 'rendered' differently, or correctly as the case may be.
    The context of the text makes a difference in how it is translated.
    You can not always use the same words in German and get the correct
    meaning by using the exact same English words used to translate the
    meaning of another statement. It depends on the context and how they
    are used. I think you should leave the translating up to the experts.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 08:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As I'm sure you are aware, all cults claim to have ultimate or truth and are not wrong in any way - it is one of the characteristics of cult-like thinking. It is why people in cults NEVER conceded a point or if they do it's an irrelevance and never point of doctrine, or something related to doctrine. Cult membership is like being in an eggshell - grea ...[text shortened]... ong as there are no "cracks" - attempts to crack the shell must be beaten back at all costs.
    As I'm sure you are aware, all cults claim to have ultimate or truth and are not wrong in any way.

Personally i would say that statement applies to a lot of individuals on this board.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 08:524 edits
    Originally posted by menace71

The part that you always seem not to answer RC is the reaction to what Jesus said in John 8:58 whether it be trinitarian snakes or not why this they react the way they did towards the words Christ said? They picked up stones to throw at Him. Why?

John 8:58 could read before Abraham was "I am" or "I have been"

Manny
    that is an English translation you zoob, not the Hebrew, for goodness sake its like pulling teeth.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/exo3.pdf

Concerning Exodus 3:14 God’s reply in Hebrew was: 'Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh'. Some
    translations render this as “I AM THAT I AM.” However, it is to be noted that the
    Hebrew verb hayah, from which the word Ehyeh is drawn, does not mean simply
    “be.” Rather, it means “become,” or “prove to be.” The reference here is not to God’s
    self-existence but to what he has in mind to become toward others making the
    rendering 'I AM', not only an inaccurate translation but a misrepresentation of what
    the text actually says.

This is further compounded when we examine the Greek of the Septuagint, which is
    a translation of the Hebrew, for God does not say, 'I AM I AM', he states, 'ego eimi ho
    on', which means, 'I am the being', thus in using 'I am', God simply sets up the
    identification which he uses of himself, it is not however a title in itself. To try to
    separate 'I am', off as if it has some special meaning is an interpretative sleight of
    hand totally distorting the role the phrase plays within its context at Exodus 3:14 or in
    the Septuagint. Of course we expect nothing less than distortions of reality from
    trinitarians, what else do they have?
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 14:012 edits

There certainly is biblical support for the degradation of Christiandom.

However, skeptics like yourself need not gloat. In the seven letters to the seven churches in Revelation there is always an indication that a remnant will overcome whatever surrounding degradation there is to be a normal testimony.

For eample, the church in Ephesus - "He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overscomes I will give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God." (Rev. 2:7)

This is a promise that a remnant that overcomes the average condition will be rewarded during the millennium.

The church in Smyrna - "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death." (Rev. 2:11)

This too is a promise of reward to the minority to rise to the level of normality as overcomers.

The church in Pergamos - "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give of the hidden manna, and to him I will give a white stone, and upon the stone a new name written, which no one knows except him who receives it." (Rev. 2:17)

This mysterious call and promise is also to the remnant who overcome in the situation of the church actually dwelling where Satan's throne is (2:13).

The same prinicple applies to each of the other churches:

To Thytaria - (2:26-27)

To Sardis - (3:5,6)

To that church Jesus says "But you have a few names in Sardis who have not defiled their garments, and they will walk with Me in white because they are worthy." (v.4)

To Philadelphia - (3:12,13)

And finally to Laodicea - (3:21,22)

So the Bible's principle is that God always reserves for Himself a minority - a remnant of those who overcome the typical surrounding degradation. These carry the banner or normality in every age. These become overcomers.

And as the Christian ages roll they accumulate more and more in Paradise. At His return this accumulation of faithful overcomers will be rewarded to reign with Christ in the millennium.

The overcomers are like the Normandy invasion. Through them God establishes a "beachhead" for the war. They tip the scales to Christ's victory and through them the entire Body of believers receive the benefit.

Even in the church in Thyatira which Jesus said, some of which, were involved in the deep things of Satan (2:24), even with such a low state of the church, overcomers will come forth:

So do not gloat. But be saved and seek through Christ to be a normal overcoming victor. Then if He does not obtain quantity He will still obtain quality.

Why have the Judge say to you "Since you knew so much what it was to be a victorious Christian, than why did you not seek to believe into Me and be one ? "

Do you think "knowing" how poor Christianity is is going to win you some browny points in the last judgment ? It won't. Just "knowing" how degraded Christianity is does not mean that you are somehow better.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 14:032 edits
    that is an English translation you zoob, not the Hebrew, for goodness sake its like pulling teeth.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/exo3.pdf

Concerning Exodus 3:14 God’s reply in Hebrew was: 'Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh'. Some
    translations render this as “I AM THAT I AM.” However, it is to be noted that the
    Hebrew verb hayah, fro hing less than distortions of reality from
    trinitarians, what else do they have?
    The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the
    things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel
    to His bond-servant John,...

BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who
    pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be.
    Amen.
    “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is
    to come, the Almighty.”

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the
    sound of a trumpet, saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven
    churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and
    to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”
    Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw
    seven golden lampstands; and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son
    of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a
    golden sash.

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on
    me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and
    I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of
    Hades. Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.

(Revelation 1:1, 7-8, 10-13, 17-19)

“Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man
    according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the
    last, the beginning and the end.”

“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches.
    I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen.
    Come, Lord Jesus.

(Revelation 22:12-13, 16, 20)

P.S.
    This is a revealing of Jesus Christ. Notice it first says JESUS is COMING and
    even those that pierced Him will see Him. Then the Lord God says, "I am the Alpha
    and the Omega, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Then Jesus is coming and the Lord God is also to come.

Then John says he sees one like a son of man, who says to him, "I am the first and
    the last, and the living One; and I was dead." This is clearly Jesus who identifies
    Himself as the first and the Last. In chapter 22 Jesus also identifies Himself as
    the Alpha and the Omega, just the same as the Lord God did. What does this mean?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 15:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the
    things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel
    to His bond-servant John,...

BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who
    pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to ...[text shortened]... Himself as
    the Alpha and the Omega, just the same as the Lord God did. What does this mean?
    i don't wish to believe anything, i just accept what is before me. place the bible before me and i will not find a trinity in it. neither will you. consider the entire scripture as you must. there is no trinity. read every page carefully, still no trinity. read it backwards and sideways. no trinity.

ask any of the alleged prophets, seers, acolytes and the son of god. not one of them mentions the trinity nature of god.

this very important, central nature of god, and the bible has nothing to say about it. only in extra-biblical christian dogma with their disjointed and twisted interpretations of ambiguous scripture will you find any mention of a trinity.

the only thing you have considered is what the church has told you, you have not considered the bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree