The Application of

The Application of "I AM"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i don't wish to believe anything, i just accept what is before me. place the bible before me and i will not find a trinity in it. neither will you. consider the entire scripture as you must. there is no trinity. read every page carefully, still no trinity. read it backwards and sideways. no trinity.

ask any of the alleged prophets, seers, acolytes ...[text shortened]... y thing you have considered is what the church has told you, you have not considered the bible.
You are becoming like a parrot. You can talk and say the sames things
over and over, but don't understand a word and don't want to.

rc

Moves
24 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are becoming like a parrot. You can talk and say the sames things
over and over, but don't understand a word and don't want to.
i don't wish to believe anything, i just accept what is before me. place the bible before me and i will not find a trinity in it. neither will you. consider the entire scripture as you must. there is no trinity. read every page carefully, still no trinity. read it backwards and sideways. no trinity.

ask any of the alleged prophets, seers, acolytes and the son of god. not one of them mentions the trinity nature of god.

this very important, central nature of god, and the bible has nothing to say about it. only in extra-biblical christian dogma with their disjointed and twisted interpretations of ambiguous scripture will you find any mention of a trinity.

the only thing you have considered is what the church has told you, you have not considered the bible.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Oct 11

ask any of the alleged prophets, seers, acolytes ...[text shortened]... y thing you have considered is what the church has told you, you have not considered the bible.
Begone Parrot. 😀

rc

Moves
24 Oct 11

Begone Parrot. 😀
I was up until 2:30 AM the other morning arguing with you people, no more,

(2 Timothy 2:14) . . .Keep reminding them of these things, charging them before God
as witness, not to fight about words, a thing of no usefulness at all because it
overturns those listening.

and yes it was utterly futile and a waste of time.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Oct 11

I was up until 2:30 AM the other morning arguing with you people, no more,

(2 Timothy 2:14) . . .Keep reminding them of these things, charging them before God
as witness, not to fight about words, a thing of no usefulness at all because it
overturns those listening.

and yes it was utterly futile and a waste of time.
At least the Parrot is gone. HalleluYAH !!!

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
24 Oct 11

that is an English translation you zoob, not the Hebrew, for goodness sake its like pulling teeth.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/exo3.pdf

Concerning Exodus 3:14 God’s reply in Hebrew was: 'Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh'. Some
translations render this as “I AM THAT I AM.” However, it is to be noted that the
Hebrew verb hayah, fro ...[text shortened]... hing less than distortions of reality from
trinitarians, what else do they have?
Why do you have to resort to name calling you Zoob!!! LOL Makes we wanna join your cult and drink cool aid and get a cool pair of nikes oh my bad again wrong cult.

Manny

rc

Moves
24 Oct 11

Originally posted by menace71
Why do you have to resort to name calling you Zoob!!! LOL Makes we wanna join your cult and drink cool aid and get a cool pair of nikes oh my bad again wrong cult.

Manny
I like zoob, i made it up, i dont think its a real name for anything, but it sounds like it
should be.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
24 Oct 11

I like zoob, i made it up, i dont think its a real name for anything, but it sounds like it
should be.
Fair enough 😉

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Oct 11

should be.
So I believe the majority opinion is that when Jesus said,
"before Abraham was, I AM", that He was claiming to be
the God of Abraham. In reference to the God of Abraham
the meaning is "I AM HE" or else He was claiming the
Devine name told to Moses in Exodus 3:14. Either way
it amounts to the same thing. Jesus is Deity just like
John 1:1 and other verses say.

j

Moves
25 Oct 11
1 edit

God calls Himself "I AM". It is true that this entails what He will be to man. That certainly should be appreciated. However, it means that God is self existing and ever-existing.

God is the One Whose existence depends upon no one and nothing apart from Himself.

That God used such a phrase as a title in Exodus 3 by the following verse:

"And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM. And He said. Thus you shall say to the children of Isael, I AM has sent me to you." (Exo. 3:14 Recovery Version)

When the Hebrews ask Moses what is the name of the God Who sent Moses to be a deliver, Moses is to say "I AM has sent me to you."

In the progressive unfolding of the revelation eventually this God "I AM" goes through a kind of process. Incarnation is part of it. Human living is part of it. Crucifixion is part of this process. Death is part of the process. Resurrection and ascension are parts of this process. Exaltation and descension as the Holy Spirit are all a part of this process.

What is the process for? It is that the "I AM" could live the perfect life for man, die a redemptive death for man, rise victoriously from the dead for man, ascend as the exalted God-Man FOR man, and enter into man to GIVE the "I AM" to man in the form of "life giving Spirit" .

"the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" ( 1 Cor. 15:45)

The "I AM THAT I AM" DISPENSES Himself to His redeemed and regenerated people to be their own eternal life. He is everything that we need. In a real sense, ONLY He iS. We are not. We are not independent. We are not self existing. We need God to be everything in us and for us.

Because Christ as the "I AM" went through a process to be everything for man He tells His disciples:

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the husband man... Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.

I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing." ( See John 15:1-5)

As far as the eternal purpose of God is concerned, apart from abiding in Jesus Christ that He might be everything to us, we can do nothing. We may do a lot. It will all amount to nothing.

This exhortation is unusual - "Abide in Me and I in you.". I wrote before that God wants to become us. He loves us to the point that He wants to become us. He wants to abide in us. But He cannot unless we abide in Him.

So this exhortation is a two way exhortation - "Abide in Me and I in you". Or we might think of it is Jesus saying, Abide in Him so that as a result He may abide in us.

Apart from taking Him as our everything we can accomplish nothing for the kingdom of God. And only the kingdom of God is of eternal value.

This post is about the process the Triune God passed through in order to bring the "I AM WHO I AM" into our innermost being that we could remain, abide, linger in Him as a living realm.

In the next post I will show the Trinity is certainly implied in Exodus 3.

j

Moves
25 Oct 11
2 edits

Now to the indication of the Trinity in Exodus 3.

The Bible says that the one who appeared to Moses in the burning thornbush was "The Angel of Jehovah" .

"And the Angel of Jehovah appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a thornbush. (Exo. 3:2a)

Now an Angel is a sent one. This particular sent one is God Himself as the Sent One of Jehovah. Do not ask me how this can be.

Verses 3 and 4 say that God called out to Moses from the burning thornbush:

"And Moses said, I must turn aside now and see this great sight, why the thornbush does not burn up. And when Jehovah saw that he had turned aside to look, God called to him out of the midst of the thornbush and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here I am."

The Angel of Jehovah, the Sent One, the Messenger of Jehovah "appeared" to Moses "in a flame of fire out of the midst of a thornbush.".

Also out of the "midst of the thornbush" God called to Moses. So we have two distinct ____________. One is the Angel of Jehovah who appeared. The other is the God who spoke. They are distinct. However we cannot say that they are separate. For it was the Angel of Jehovah who appeared but it was God of Whom Moses was afraid to look:

"And He said, I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.

And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God." (v.5,6)

Something mysterious about God is already revealed here in Exodus. It was the Angel of Jehovah who appeared to Moses. It was the voice of God speaking to Moses saying "I am the God ..." and it was Jehovah who spoke, continuing in verse 7:

"And Jehovah said, I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt ..." .

The multiune nature of God is seen. The Trinity of God is strongly implied. The Triune God dis surely evidenced in Exodus chapter 3.

Not only so, but the way in which God chose to appear suggests the mingling of God with man. He appeared as a burning thornbush. But the bush was not consumed.

"And the Angel of Jehovah appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a thornbush ... there was the thornbush, burning with fire; but the thornbush was not consumed." (v.2)

The word of God draws attention to this unusual fact - that is of a burning bush in which the bush is not burnt up or consumed by the flame:

"And Moses said, I must turn aside now and see this great sight, why the thronbush does not burn up." (v.3)

If anyone can receive it, this symbol is not trivial. Moses was about 80 years old by this time. He had lived a long life. He had tried in his own strength to be a savior to the Hebrews and failed badly. By this time the weary man Moses had no more great ambitions. He was tired and "burnt out". He had no more ambition then to just get some good grass for a flock of sheep.

In this weary and tired human state in his old age, God appeared to him out of a thorny bush which was aflame with holy fire but was not consumed.

This was a symbol of God uniting with man. And this man is a thorny man. Thorns and thistles were a sign of the Fall do to the curse on the earth from Adam's disobedience (Genesis 3:18) .

God's sign suggest that He can be man's everlasting strength, never failing power, enduring empowerment. And God has a way to combine with man and yet man would not be destroyed by His holiness, His righteousness, and His glory. God has in His salvific work, a plan to mingle with the fallen human kind to accomplish His will.

Both the Trinity of God is indicated and Exodus 3 as well as the complete salvation of God uniting and mingling with man.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 11
5 edits

So I believe the majority opinion is that when Jesus said,
"before Abraham was, I AM", that He was claiming to be
the God of Abraham. In reference to the God of Abraham
the meaning is "I AM HE" or else He was claiming the
Devine name told to Moses in Exodus 3:14. Either way
it amounts to the same thing. Jesus is Deity just like
John 1:1 and other verses say.
more mere opinion, you zoob, pony up and stick to the Greek and Hebrew texts, you'll
not find the pagan trinity doctrine anywhere in the Holy scriptures. worth repeating,

i don't wish to believe anything, i just accept what is before me. place the bible
before me and i will not find a trinity in it. neither will you. consider the entire
scripture as you must. there is no trinity. read every page carefully, still no trinity.
read it backwards and sideways. no trinity.

ask any of the alleged prophets, seers, acolytes and the son of god. not one of them
mentions the trinity nature of god.

this very important, central nature of god, and the bible has nothing to say about it.
only in extra-biblical christian dogma with their disjointed and twisted interpretations
of ambiguous scripture will you find any mention of a trinity.

the only thing you have considered is what the church has told you, you have not
considered the bible.

just saying

rc

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by jaywill

The Bible says that the one who appeared to Moses in the burning thornbush was [b]"The Angel of Jehovah"

"And the Angel of Jehovah appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a thornbush. (Exo. 3:2a)

Now an Angel is a sent one. This particular sent one is God Himself as ...[text shortened]... s well as the complete salvation of God uniting and mingling with man.[/b]
have you been watching too much of the Magic roundabout again?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Oct 11

more mere opinion, you zoob, pony up and stick to the Greek and Hebrew texts, you'll
not find the pagan trinity doctrine anywhere in the Holy scriptures. worth repeating,

i don't wish to believe anything, i just accept what is before me. place the bible
before me and i will not find a trinity in it. neither will you. consider the entire
scr ...[text shortened]... onsidered is what the church has told you, you have not
considered the bible.

just saying
I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE NOT GOING TO ARGUE THE WORDS
ANYMORE. Just except the majority opinion and be quite.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by jaywill

The Bible says that the one who appeared to Moses in the burning thornbush was [b]"The Angel of Jehovah"

Now an Angel is a sent one. This particular sent one is God Himself as ...[text shortened]... s well as the complete salvation of God uniting and mingling with man.[/b]
If you are not a preacher now, you are one in the making.
Keep up the good work for the Lord.
HalleluYAH !!!