1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 05:19
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You come across as prickly and not wishing to address the point in the OP which is why was the physical body of Jesus heading into the higher levels of the earths atmosphere.

As I’ve said a few times now, if you don’t want to discuss this or speculate on it then please feel free not to.
    Didn’t Paul speak of three heavens? If Jesus in His Ascension was returning to the Father (and I think He was,) He was going to the third heaven. My understanding is Scripture uses the term “heaven” to refer to the sky and outer space, which would be the first and second heavens.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 08:18
    My OP and my further comments are directed around why Jesus was last seen headed into the earths stratosphere. It’s not an unreasonable question, but as I said if you don’t want to discuss it or speculate as to why his physical body was heading into space, then that’s fine.

It was God's way of showing the world that Jesus is transcendent. It is special effects to make a point.

He is in every way high / higher / highest.

Hebrews 7:26 says He was made higher than the heavens.

" For such a High Priest was also fitting to us; holy, guileless, undefiled, separated from sinners and having become higher than the heavens."

Hebrews 4:14 says He passed through the heavens.
    'Having therefore a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast the confession."

For anyone interested the term "the third heavens" is in Second Corinthians 12:2.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 11:58
    You come across as prickly and not wishing to address the point in the OP which is why was the physical body of Jesus heading into the higher levels of the earths atmosphere.

As I’ve said a few times now, if you don’t want to discuss this or speculate on it then please feel free not to.
    Prickly and tetchy? Not at all.

I've already answered the OP and every other post you've made in this thread, but still, it appears, you're not satisfied.

If, as you say, "I know very well what the bible says...", then why are you asking the question about where Jesus went when He ascended into the clouds?

It seems to me, since I've not failed to continue to engage with you throughout, that when you say, "if you don’t want to discuss this or speculate on it then please feel free not to", that you're really saying you don't want to discuss this.

I think this is a good discussion, and I'm not at all bored or weary of it.

Biblically, I believe the matter is settled. It would be encouraging to see if we can arrive at unity with the Word.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:06
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Prickly and tetchy? Not at all.

I've already answered the OP and every other post you've made in this thread, but still, it appears, you're not satisfied.

If, as you say, "I know very well what the bible says...", then why are you asking the question about where Jesus went when He ascended into the clouds?

It seems to me, since I've not failed to ...[text shortened]... e the matter is settled. It would be encouraging to see if we can arrive at unity with the Word.
    Thanks for your contribution, such as it was.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:08
    What I’m interested in is where Jesus was phipysically going in relation to the earth. Ok we know it is heaven, but if he went through the clouds then is heaven above the clouds somewhere, physically?

I don’t think this is a complicated question, I just think people are reluctant to think about it.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 21:29
    What I’m interested in is where Jesus was phipysically going in relation to the earth. Ok we know it is heaven, but if he went through the clouds then is heaven above the clouds somewhere, physically?

I don’t think this is a complicated question, I just think people are reluctant to think about it.
    You said you know what the Bible teaches.

How is it you don't know where heaven is?

I'll help you out.

There is the heaven of the earths atmosphere.

There is the stellar heaven.

There is heaven where God abodes. That heaven is in eternity.

Please don't ask me where that is. All I know is it ain't here, although I've heard that eternity has been placed within our hearts. It's what gives us the longing to be with God, where we were originally created to be.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 02:31
    Originally posted by @secondson
    You said you know what the Bible teaches.

How is it you don't know where heaven is?

I'll help you out.

There is the heaven of the earths atmosphere.

There is the stellar heaven.

There is heaven where God abodes. That heaven is in eternity.

Please don't ask me where that is. All I know is it ain't here, although I've heard that eternity h ...[text shortened]... r hearts. It's what gives us the longing to be with God, where we were originally created to be.
    Have you got some scripture to support all this?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 05:18
    So has enough time passed since your OP?

Why don't you regale us with the wisdom of your opinion?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 07:00
    Originally posted by @suzianne

Have i upset you?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 07:01

I have no opinion on the matter but clearly just asking the question makes some Christians prickly. I not for example your attitude here and your lack of contribution to the solution.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 15:28
    I have no opinion on the matter but clearly just asking the question makes some Christians prickly. I not for example your attitude here and your lack of contribution to the solution.
    Solution?

Do you detect a problem in need of one?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 16:13
    Solution?

Do you detect a problem in need of one?
    Do you have something to add to the thread or are you exhausted from thumbing down all my posts in every thread?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 17:10
    There are some who believe if the first heaven is the sky and the second is outer space, that the third heaven exists outside of space and time. On a separate note, if extraterrestrials are in fact demons, this would explain how UFOs can violate the laws of physics and “wink” in and out of our sky as several witnesses have reported.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 17:28
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    There are some who believe if the first heaven is the sky and the second is outer space, that the third heaven exists outside of space and time. On a separate note, if extraterrestrials are in fact demons, this would explain how UFOs can violate the laws of physics and “wink” in and out of our sky as several witnesses have reported.
    If sentient beings exist on other planets, then you and I are extraterrestrials to them.

Are we demons?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 17:38
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    If sentient beings exist on other planets, then you and I are extraterrestrials to them.

Are we demons?
    Firstly, I don’t believe sentient beings exist on other planets, though it’s interesting that every atheist I’ve come across does.
    Secondly, I don’t think we would be able to exhibit the ability to violate the laws of physics and wink in and out of the sky to sentient beings who exist in a terrestrial realm (and not a spiritual realm.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree