1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 14:043 edits
    We atheists, both individually and collectively are cold, callous, immoral, evil, communist bent automations who, alongside worshipping Charles Darwin, ruminating over our hatred for "God" and those theists who believe in it, partake in every vice humans have ever devised (by atheists of course!). As perpetual liars we cannot be trusted and lack even the minimum capacity for emotion.

If given the chance we will ruthlessly exterminate every source of happiness on this planet

---------------
    Theists (in particular - rvsakhadeo), over to you to explain.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 14:16
    Originally posted by Agerg
    We atheists, both individually and collectively are cold, callous, immoral, evil, communist bent automations, who alongside worshipping Charles Darwin and ruminating over our hatred for "God" and those theists who believe in it, partake in every vice humans have ever devised (by atheists of course!). As perpetual liars we cannot be trusted and lack even the ...[text shortened]... planet

---------------
    You want us to explain why atheists are so screwed up? 🙂

Well here is some news. Theists dont give a rats-behind what atheists think or believe. So you and your type can go get some professional help .. see a psychiatrist or something.

As for you and googlefudge's wet dream of controlling the world and getting rid of theists .. dream on.. 🙂
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 14:202 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999

Well here is some news. Theists dont give a rats-behind what atheists think or believe. So you and your type can go get some professional help .. see a psychiatrist or something.

As for you and googlefudge's wet dream of controlling the world and getting rid of theists .. dream on.. 🙂

Please demonstrate I have asserted that I wish to "get rid of theists" (no - an aspiration that religious fundamentalism will see a decline does not constitute "getting rid of theists" btw)
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 14:21

Actually, the pervasive bias against atheists proves theists DO give a rats butt about atheists. They are (by theists) almost universally considered to be not trustworthy, as if somehow denying the concept of god effects such traits as trustworthiness, loyalty to friends, empathy and so forth.

Personally I view it as another religious war. If you aren't with us, you are an enemy. That is the theist view.
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 14:32
    Theists are concerned about atheists because deep down, theists are worried that the atheists are correct!
  6. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 14:35
    We atheists, both individually and collectively are cold, callous, immoral, evil, communist bent automations, who alongside worshipping Charles Darwin and ruminating over our hatred for "God" and those theists who believe in it, partake in every vice humans have ever devised (by atheists of course!). As perpetual liars we cannot be trusted and lack even the ...[text shortened]... planet

---------------
    Please see my post - in - reply on the other thread.
    However let me explain my view of the atheists here also.
    An atheist not only states that he/she does not believe in god/gods but also says that he/she does not believe in any supernatural phenomena ( pl.vide googlefudge's stated position ). In other words an atheist stands by Science i.e Reason and Logic and Reason and Logic alone. Anything else which adds to or dignifies or beautifies human life is perforce excluded or excludible. Many modern Biologists and even Neuroscientists have gone to the extent of denying the existence of Free Will. You start denying Free Will,you start denying Faith, you have then converted yourself into an Automoton whose every action is subject to bio-chemical reactions and nothing more. Where is the room for Love, Kinship in this scenario ? We humans are reduced to smidgeons of flesh who have come into existence for no reason but simply by chance and spluttering along because of a cause and effect set of bio-chemical reactions and then go out of existence equally unexplicably ! The lifeless and causeless Universe rolls on without meaning!
    I have not attributed anything inhuman to atheists except what the Communist regimes like Soviet Russia or modern day China practiced/practice. I have not said atheists are immoral and have not said that they are callous either. But if you follow the cold commands of Logic and Reason alone,that is where the atheist will be headed.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 15:16
    Theists dont give a rats-behind what atheists think or believe.
    Well. Actually. Most of the theists on this forum seem to lap up the chances to wrestle with the atheists with a good deal of glee and gusto.
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 16:03
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    An atheist not only states that he/she does not believe in god/gods but also says that he/she does not believe in any supernatural phenomena ( pl.vide googlefudge's stated position ). In other words an atheist stands by Science i.e Reason and ...[text shortened]... ou follow the cold commands of Logic and Reason alone,that is where the atheist will be headed.
    When you refer to atheists in your words contained, do you also include Buddhists in your conclusion?

How many times do I have to state that Buddhists are atheists too?

You say, quote, "Anything else which adds to or dignifies or beautifies human life is perforce excluded or excludible"

I'd love you to come to Thailand and argue that nonsense.

You are resigned to the fact that atheists are all of one belief system and that, frankly, stinks! 😠

-M. 🙁
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 16:093 edits
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    An atheist not only states that he/she does not believe in god/gods but also says that he/she does not believe in any supernatural phenomena ( pl.vide googlefudge's stated position ). In other words an atheist stands by Science i.e Reason and ...[text shortened]... ou follow the cold commands of Logic and Reason alone,that is where the atheist will be headed.
    An atheist not only states that he/she does not believe in god/gods but also says that he/she does not believe in any supernatural phenomena ( pl.vide googlefudge's stated position ).
    That's not necessarily true - indeed failing to accept googlefudge's definition of atheism (in it's somewhat weak form) I still say that the only thing you can conclude from the statement X is an atheist is that X doesn't believe in gods. That X is unlikely to believe in astrology, ghosts, telekenisis and so on is another matter - it certainly doesn't follow directly from the statement X is an atheist X will not believe in anything that is supernatural.

In other words an atheist stands by Science i.e Reason and Logic and Reason and Logic alone.
    Not true, there are many atheists who don't stand by science, indeed prior to my self motivated re-education seven years ago leading finally to my MMath I was both an atheist and a human whose knowledge of the sciences was very limited. Furthermore it doesn't necessarily follow that an atheist must be logical - perhaps he/she hasn't thought about the matter any further than he/she cannot see any gods and concluded on those grounds they don't exist.

Anything else which adds to or dignifies or beautifies human life is perforce excluded or excludible.
    I disagree 😞

Many modern Biologists and even Neuroscientists have gone to the extent of denying the existence of Free Will. You start denying Free Will,you start denying Faith, you have then converted yourself into an Automoton whose every action is subject to bio-chemical reactions and nothing more. Where is the room for Love, Kinship in this scenario ? We humans are reduced to smidgeons of flesh who have come into existence for no reason but simply by chance and spluttering along because of a cause and effect set of bio-chemical reactions and then go out of existence equally unexplicably ! The lifeless and causeless Universe rolls on without meaning!
    I too am a determinist - and deny *true* freewill, I do believe that on the small scale we are a configuration of material - the behaviour of which being governed by natural processes. On the otherhand I also acknowledge I don't have knowledge of the current or prior configuration of my own body or the universe as a whole. As such I can operate under the illusion of free-will or pseudo free will and carry on my life in relative ignorance of the fact that what I do is governed by the initial seed conditions when this universe came into existence. Moreover since through evolution I have come to exist in a system where affinity, compassion, companionship with others is a favourable trait for humans in general I firmly reject the proposition I cannot love or enjoy kinship in this scenario.

I have not attributed anything inhuman to atheists except what the Communist regimes like Soviet Russia or modern day China practiced/practice. I have not said atheists are immoral and have not said that they are callous either. But if you follow the cold commands of Logic and Reason alone,that is where the atheist will be headed.
    Stalin or any other leader is an atheist does not imply those they lead must be atheists or support the regime they are under. Furthermore it doesn't follow that those who share their disbelief in the existence of gods must automatically be inclined towards communism.

----------------
    *edit* In further response to The lifeless and causeless Universe rolls on without meaning!, what is the intrinsic meaning in a "caused" universe (where the agent that supposedly caused it is purported to be "God" )? In what way does a universe have meaning if there exists a god in it as opposed to a universe that lacks a god or gods??? 😕
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 16:32
    We atheists, both individually and collectively are cold, callous, immoral, evil, communist bent automations who, alongside worshipping Charles Darwin, ruminating over our hatred for "God" and those theists who believe in it, partake in every vice humans have ever devised (by atheists of course!). As perpetual liars we cannot be trusted and lack even the mi ...[text shortened]... planet

---------------
    you forgot to mention Vulcan ears!
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 16:403 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Ah yes, the parody of logical thought as engineered by the creators of Star Trek haven't done us atheists any favours. Not that you'd want to sit through it but following on from googlefudge's link there was an interesting talk about the "straw vulcan" I watched yesterday on youtube. It demonstrates the absurdity of this character and the fact it is a very poor approximation to the actual mindset of those who are rational or logical.

But for those who are interested:

http://measureofdoubt.com/2011/11/26/the-straw-vulcan-hollywoods-illogical-approach-to-logical-decisionmaking/
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 16:59
    We atheists, both individually and collectively are cold, callous, immoral, evil, communist bent automations who, alongside worshipping Charles Darwin, ruminating over our hatred for "God" and those theists who believe in it, partake in every vice humans have ever devised (by atheists of course!). As perpetual liars we cannot be trusted and lack even the mi ...[text shortened]... planet

---------------
    You forgot "unreasonable" for one thing. I am sure there are others too.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 17:01
    [b]As for you and googlefudge's wet dream of controlling the world and getting rid of theists .. dream on.. 🙂

Please demonstrate I have asserted that I wish to "get rid of theists" (no - an aspiration that religious fundamentalism will see a decline does not constitute "getting rid of theists" btw)[/b]
    A good example of being unreasonable.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 17:03
    [b]An atheist not only states that he/she does not believe in god/gods but also says that he/she does not believe in any supernatural phenomena ( pl.vide googlefudge's stated position ).
    That's not necessarily true - indeed failing to accept googlefudge's definition of atheism (in it's somewhat weak form) I still say that the only thing you can conclude ...[text shortened]... there exists a god in it as opposed to a universe that lacks a god or gods??? 😕[/b]
    Too much nonsense to read.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 17:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    That's just a myth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree