1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 16:044 edits
    Sounds grim! 😲 Fundies (Suzianne in particular) please tell me more!
    What sort of superpowers will "Gods' agents" have? When we submit to the "Anti-Christ" to wage war against "heavens' legions" will we have a fireball spell? How about a magic sword?Reveal Hidden Content
    I hear they have to be +4 or more to deal damage to God minions
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 16:20
    Originally posted by Agerg
    What sort of superpowers will "Gods' agents" have? When we submit to the "Anti-Christ" to wage war against "heavens' legions" will we have a fireball spell? How about a magic sword?[hidden]I hear they have to be +4 or more to deal damage to God minions[/hidden]
    I hesitate to respond, since I know you're just trolling me here.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 16:25
    What sort of superpowers will "Gods' agents" have? When we submit to the "Anti-Christ" to wage war against "heavens' legions" will we have a fireball spell? How about a magic sword?[hidden]I hear they have to be +4 or more to deal damage to God minions[/hidden]
    id like to submit and official complaint to whoever is in charge of the event. why are we holding this rumble at megiddo its a crappy little rocky lump of nothingness in isreal, surely we could do it anywhere on the planet. i suggest milton keynes it has great access to airports and motorways for people getting to the fight and has a nice nado's. im sure survivors will be really hungry after an epic blood bath.

there is also a lovely theatre district and a go-kart track for those looking for extra activities before and after all the mutilation and destruction.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 16:302 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I hesitate to respond, since I know you're just trolling me here.
    Well perhaps *I'm* trolling youReveal Hidden Content
    because it\'s a stupid belief!
    but I'm sure other atheists have a serious interest in this topic.

Why not enlighten *them* 🙂
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 16:51
    Well perhaps *I'm* trolling you[hidden]because it\'s a stupid belief![/hidden]but I'm sure other atheists have a serious interest in this topic.

Why not enlighten *them* 🙂
    Lots and lots of other nasty stuff has to occur before the final showdown, so it's kind of a long story.

Unlike a lot of other Christians, I don't believe a "rapture" will occur, though. We won't be furnished with so obvious a signpost for the "end of days" scenario.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 17:04
    Lots and lots of other nasty stuff has to occur before the final showdown, so it's kind of a long story.

Unlike a lot of other Christians, I don't believe a "rapture" will occur, though. We won't be furnished with so obvious a signpost for the "end of days" scenario.
    what kinda nasty stuff, sounds interesting.

im a bit disappointed as ive just learned that armageddon isnt the last fight!!! for some bizarre reason satan will be locked in prison for 1000 years and then let out for another go, god already knows he's gonna win both fights so whats the point?

it also seems really far fetched that all the armies on the planet are going to agree to be in the same place at the same time and are all going to be tricked into supporting satan because he convinces them he can beat god!!! wont the leaders just look at their bibles that have predicted this and think 'oh yeah we knew this was going to happen and we know how it turns out, so no thankyou satan!!'
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 17:11

i am puzzled as to why satan would keep fighting since the outcome is already known. is he a glutton for punishment? is he an optimist at heart?
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 17:11
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what kinda nasty stuff, sounds interesting.

im a bit disappointed as ive just learned that armageddon isnt the last fight!!! for some bizarre reason satan will be locked in prison for 1000 years and then let out for another go, god already knows he's gonna win both fights so whats the point?

it also seems really far fetched that all the armies ...[text shortened]... h yeah we knew this was going to happen and we know how it turns out, so no thankyou satan!!'
    armageddon just sounds like 2 alien civilizations are going to have a go at each other and they've picked earth as their battle-ground.

i don't know, maybe they don't want to mess up their planets.

it seems both will try to get us humans on their respective sides. i say to hell with both of them. go fight on the moon or something.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 17:13
    suzianne a fundie?
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 17:31
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    suzianne a fundie?
    I find it difficult to separate her from that class of theists with insanity like this!
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 17:44
    I find it difficult to separate her from that class of theists with insanity like this!
    Is there any class of theist that does not believe in something that seems insane to the rest of us? Surely the supernatural by its very definition is an insane concept.
    To believe in the supernatural you essentially have to believe that there are things that do not obey the laws of physics where 'the laws of physics' are defined as 'that which the universe always obeys'.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 17:534 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Is there any class of theist that does not believe in something that seems insane to the rest of us? Surely the supernatural by its very definition is an insane concept.
    To believe in the supernatural you essentially have to believe that there are things that do not obey the laws of physics where 'the laws of physics' are defined as 'that which the universe always obeys'.
    I think there are "sizes" of insanity when it comes to theism. To me the idea of things (gods and such) violating or suspending the laws of physics doesn't seem to be rational at all; but then (and I'm playing devils' advocate here) supposing some theist counters with
    'the laws of physics' are defined as 'that which [with respect to what we have observed so far] the universe always obeys'.
    then perhaps there is some (small) lee-way (on their part) to make a case for the so-called supernatural (not that they can justify such phenomenon or make any testable hypotheses though).
    On the other hand believing in fiery hell where our flammable souls get fried (and presumably regenerated for all eternity), or cataclysmic battles between "Gods'" angels and the Devils' minions is way further up in the hierarchy of crazy.
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 18:191 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    id like to submit and official complaint to whoever is in charge of the event. why are we holding this rumble at megiddo its a crappy little rocky lump of nothingness in isreal, surely we could do it anywhere on the planet. i suggest milton keynes it has great access to airports and motorways for people getting to the fight and has a nice nado's. im sur ...[text shortened]... ack for those looking for extra activities before and after all the mutilation and destruction.
    But Megiddo sounds way more sinister for a place of epic battle between the forces of Hell and the forces of heaven than Milton Keynes. Indeed if you've ever played FFVIII there was an Omega weapon - and you didn't want to get hit by it's Megiddo flame!!! 😲 Reveal Hidden Content
    I wonder if we have to battle that too! or ruby weapon from FFVII - would help if we could double summon knights of the round on that one though
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 18:313 edits

If at some point you get warning of when the "battle" will occur Reveal Hidden Content
    perhaps some eerie green smoke and lights emanating from a castle somewhere with hordes of undead running about will tip you off that the cataclysm is iminent?)
    will you be letting us know, or would you like to keep your advantage and deny us all of the suicide we might wish to commit beforehand 😲

That you don't believe in the so-called "rapture" is a bit surprising - how will God arm and prepare his own faithful Christian soldiers to fend off us bloody-thirsty non-believers (who for some strange reason will choose to align with something they don't believe in)???
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 18:341 edit
    But Megiddo sounds way more sinister for a place of epic battle between the forces of Hell and the forces of heaven than Milton Keynes. Indeed if you've ever played FFVIII there was an Omega weapon - and you didn't want to get hit by it's Megiddo flame!!! 😲 [hidden]I wonder if we have to battle that too! or ruby weapon from FFVII - would help if we could double summon knights of the round on that one though[/hidden]
    sinister is all well and good for the end of the world, but is it practical? does it have parking for coaches? does it have hotel accommodation for the forces of evil? or even camp sites? does it have a restaurant with vegetarian options? will they cater for vegans? whats the exchange rate? how far is the nearest hospital and can it handle 100 million casualties? how hot is the mid-day sun, what factor sun cream should we take? will there be a duty free at the airport? will i be digging my own foxhole, should i bring a spade? how long will the battle last? do i need to bring my own pack-lunch? shall i bring a flask? will there be a half time break in the battle? will they provide porta-loos on the battlefield? can i get insurance? do i get paid for taking part? can we win medals for killing people? if i see my friend and they are on the other side can i pretend i didnt see them? will rj be there? is it rude to ask celebrities for autographs while i fight them? does having asthma get me out or a letter from my mum get me out of the fight?

we need to iron out the details, or it will be a total disaster.

edit- the last time i played ff it was the one with chocabo racing and a spikey haired guy called cloud, not sure what number it was though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree