1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 19:481 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    right, so of all the studies, the biggest number they could come up with was about 40% (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/14/science/14gene.html) of ashkenazis having genetic ties to the canaan region.

here is a study that examines where the other 60% may have come from.
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/tcga/tcgapdf/Behar-AJHG-03.pdf
    Show me a population with greater ties. No population is pure. If you mean to deny everybody their heritage because nobody's pure any more you will be facing an uphill battle.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 05:51
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Show me a population with greater ties. No population is pure. If you mean to deny everybody their heritage because nobody's pure any more you will be facing an uphill battle.
    the only heritage i will grant anyone is a direct inheritance of their immediate family members.

the modern jews can no more claim heritage to the lands of ancient canaan than the modern day egyptians can claim heritage to the pyramids.

if you believe people can claim heritage to lands their (alleged) ancient ancestors owned, then you're the one facing an uphill battle because everyone would be claiming everyone else's lands.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '12 14:01
    the only heritage i will grant anyone is a direct inheritance of their immediate family members.

the modern jews can no more claim heritage to the lands of ancient canaan than the modern day egyptians can claim heritage to the pyramids.

if you believe people can claim heritage to lands their (alleged) ancient ancestors owned, then you're the one facing an uphill battle because everyone would be claiming everyone else's lands.
    I think we must let God decide this matter.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    08 Aug '12 17:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think we must let God decide this matter.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    if it ever demonstrates its ability to decide anything, we'll consider if we want to allow it making decisions on such matters.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '12 21:29
    if it ever demonstrates its ability to decide anything, we'll consider if we want to allow it making decisions on such matters.
    I think God has already demonstrated His ability to decide many things that you and I have no control over.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    08 Aug '12 23:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think God has already demonstrated His ability to decide many things that you and I have no control over.
    what you think is not good enough. your biblegod hasn't demonstrated anything, least of all his own existence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree