1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 17:13
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I've already read both of them more times than I can count. I used to be Christian, you know.
    Ironically, in spite of your 'conversion,' if you ever truly professed Christ--- brace yourself--- you're saved, my brother. Despite all of your contentions otherwise, you will die someday and find yourself face to face with the loving Creator of the universe... thankful as all get out that He didn't follow through on your shortsighted demands.
  2. London
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 17:15
    Secret Decoder Ring alert!!
    Nothing as exotic as that. Simply a recognition of the fact that few people read the Bible in the original languages with the original socio-cultural and literary context in mind.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 17:18
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Ironically, in spite of your 'conversion,' if you ever truly professed Christ--- brace yourself--- you're saved, my brother. Despite all of your contentions otherwise, you will die someday and find yourself face to face with the loving Creator of the universe... thankful as all get out that He didn't follow through on your shortsighted demands.
    Why is it that Christians can never inform about the true meaning of these "deep" verses? Instead, all I get is Proclaimers like you and LH telling me the same ol' dogma I've heard for years.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 17:19
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Nothing as exotic as that. Simply a recognition of the fact that few people read the Bible in the original languages with the original socio-cultural and literary context in mind.
    "And he said unto them, 'Hearken unto mine Christian universities, and their biblical scholars, for these are the Kingdom of Heaven.'"
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 17:20
    Why is it that Christians can never inform about the [b]true meaning of these "deep" verses? Instead, all I get is Proclaimers like you and LH telling me the same ol' dogma I've heard for years.[/b]
    I'm not sure what verse you're referring to; I was merely pointing out a doctrinal truth, based upon the character of God.
  6. London
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 17:22
    "And he said unto them, 'Hearken unto mine Christian universities, and their biblical scholars, for these are the Kingdom of Heaven.'"
    Sarcasm is easy.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 17:25
    Why is it that Christians can never inform about the [b]true meaning of these "deep" verses? Instead, all I get is Proclaimers like you and LH telling me the same ol' dogma I've heard for years.[/b]
    Would you give me an example of a verse?
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 17:29
    Perhaps it is best understood if there are multiple meanings and truths to a passage. If these "truths" are not personalized, then it is pretty pointless.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 17:44
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Perhaps it is best understood if there are multiple meanings and truths to a passage. If these "truths" are not personalized, then it is pretty pointless.
    The verses seem clearly written to me. If they were somewhat vague, or sounded mystical, I could understand the need for careful interpretation.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 17:49
    Sarcasm is easy
    , getting a straight answer from God's followers is not.
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 21:30
    ... unconditionally!
    Does God love the devil?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 06:131 edit
    Matthew 10:28: 28 And be not afraid of them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hard to reconcile with a God who loves you "unconditionally"; why should he want you to fear him?

Luke 12:5: 5 But I will warn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, who after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Ditto.
  13. London
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 14:42
    , getting a straight answer from God's followers is not.
    Ask a straight, honest question -- you'll get a straight, honest answer.
  14. London
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 14:42
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Does God love the devil?
    Yes.
  15. London
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 14:44
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Matthew 10:28: 28 And be not afraid of them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: [b]but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hard to reconcile with a God who loves you "unconditionally"; why should he want you to fear him?

Luke 12:5: 5 But I will warn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, who ...[text shortened]... e hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Ditto.[/b]
    If you're going to simply quote the citations BDP gave, at least give him credit for finding them.

And yes, my response would be the same -- read the whole passage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree