the bible is immoral

the bible is immoral

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
15 Jan 11

Originally posted by vishvahetu
I have just finished telling you that the Bible has been fabricated, in such a way, as to make Jesus the God almighty.....so what is the use in quoting the Bible.

If the Bible says Jesus is God all mighty, then that is a fabrication.

The exact words of Jesus are not to be found in the Bible but instead the changed words of Jesus, or the fabricated w ...[text shortened]... chings.

All other teachings teach error and falsity.

Why would anyone hold fast to error.
The Vedic teachings are probably doctrines of demons.

I will trust the Bible explicitly.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Jan 11

Originally posted by jaywill
The Vedic teachings are probably doctrines of demons.

I will trust the Bible explicitly.
What a silly thing to say.

One of the first things you learn in the Vedic teachings is to respect all life and not kill and eat animals.

But in the false teachings of the Bible, it condones animal slaughter.....this is demoniac and you cannot deny this.

Now that you are aware of the falsity of the Bible teachings...what will you do?

If you are honest you will acknowledge that animal slaughter is a sin....and if you are dishonest you will not.

F

Moves
15 Jan 11

If you are honest you will acknowledge that animal slaughter is a sin....and if you are dishonest you will not.
You are misusing the word "dishonest". It is not synonymous with "disagreement". jawill's belief system is different from yours. This 'difference' is not "dishonest". Using words incorrectly makes you seem incoherent and vain.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Jan 11

Originally posted by FMF
You are misusing the word "dishonest". It is not synonymous with "disagreement". jawill's belief system is different from yours. This 'difference' is not "dishonest". Using words incorrectly makes you seem incoherent and vain.
Forget belief systems.

Every sane man knows that animal cruelty is wrong.

And for the Bible to condone it, means the Bible is in error.

And to follow the Bible when it teaches error is dishonest.

The Bible is not the authority, it never was.

Compiled by the ruling class to have control over the people, with threats of hell and condemnation.

The Bible is the scripture for the meat eaters.

F

Moves
15 Jan 11

Forget belief systems.
You say forget belief systems and then talk about yours.

You believe the Bible is in error. Some of the people you are talking to do not believe that to be so.

'Belief systems' is ALL that is being discussed here.

For you to say "Forget belief systems" is simply missing the point of this Forum.

F

Moves
15 Jan 11

And to follow the Bible when it teaches error is dishonest.
You are misusing the word "dishonest". Many people here simply disagree with what you believe about the Bible.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You are misusing the word "dishonest". Many people here simply disagree with what you believe about the Bible.
You misunderstand.

I say forget belief systems because lets go to a different platform.. truth.

Persons who reject truth are dishonest.

Persons who dont inquire where is truth, and then hold on to an uninformed belief are dishonest.

Their dishonest for maintaining their error.

They know they have not all the facts, but still hold on to their error....this is dishonest.

Their better off saying they have no clue..... and then that would at least be an honest statement.

But being totally uninformed they make their statement of truth.....which they know is pure speculation and in many cases untrue.

For a person to see no error in animal cruelty is dishonesty....it has nothing to do with belief.

But it has everything to do with truth.

F

Moves
16 Jan 11

You misunderstand.

I say forget belief systems because lets go to a different platform.. truth.

No. It is you who misunderstands, vishvahetu.

The issue is only "truth" in so far as 'truth" is one of the things people speculate about by way of their belief systems.

You offer your belief system to fellow posters. Calling those who do not share your belief system "dishonest" is a misuse of the word, it is evidently counter productive (not that you seem to care) and utterly self-indulgent and vain.

On a personal level, you present a truly awful advertisement for your belief system.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
16 Jan 11

Originally posted by FMF
No. It is you who misunderstands, vishvahetu.

The issue is only "truth" in so far as 'truth" is one of the things people speculate about by way of their belief systems.

You offer your belief system to fellow posters. Calling those who do not share your belief system "dishonest" is a misuse of the word, it is evidently counter productive (not that you seem ...[text shortened]... n.

On a personal level, you present a truly awful advertisement for your belief system.
When the subject is life and God and true religion, speculation doesn't come into it.

Truth cannot be speculated.

Truth cannot be debated.

Truth can only be discussed for clarification purposes.

True spiritual knowledge is presented by the Authority of true religion.

There is only one authority on God, and that is the authorized teachings coming from God.....the Vedanta Sutra, Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam and other bonafide Vedic literatures.

If you reject these bonafide Vedic teachings, then there is no where else to go for spiritual knowledge of Godhead.

Substitute religion has teachings coming from politicians and unscrupulous persons., and you only have to study these teachings and it is clearly evident that they contain much error.

What I present is not my personal belief system, but is the perfect authorized Vedic teachings of the true spiritual life.

These teachings are eternal and have always been given to mankind at the beginning of every new creation, by the Personality of Godhead, and this goes on for eternity.....because the cosmos is created time and time again, its creations are never-ending.

F

Moves
16 Jan 11

Truth cannot be speculated.

Truth cannot be debated.

Truth can only be discussed for clarification purposes.
What you present here is your personal belief system, vishvahetu, and the speculation and aspirations that have given rise to it. Thus far you have merely demonstrated - and as yet declined to discuss - the enormous part that vanity plays in these personal beliefs and the way you propagate them.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
16 Jan 11

Originally posted by FMF
What you present here is your personal belief system, vishvahetu, and the speculation and aspirations that have given rise to it. Thus far you have merely demonstrated - and as yet declined to discuss - the enormous part that vanity plays in these personal beliefs and the way you propagate them.
You have just posted six or so comments to me all digging to find fault where there is no fault.

You have not presented any spiritual instruction, or made any spiritual inquiry, and have justs complained endlessly about my methodology which has disturbed you.

Have I exposed your beliefs...... as being in error as well.

What do you stand for?

Who are you defending?

Yourself or others.?

If it is others, are you supporting substitute religion as well, and their support of animal slaughter?

Or are you supporting atheistic absurdity, that life was an accident and without intelligent directive?

F

Moves
16 Jan 11

You have just posted six or so comments to me all digging to find fault where there is no fault.
There is fault, vishvahetu, as I have explained each and every time. You are misusing the word "dishonest" and you are mixing up "truth" with "belief". These are faults. Nor am I 'digging' because these faults are in clear view and mar every single one of your posts.

F

Moves
16 Jan 11
1 edit

What do you stand for?
How can one discuss belief systems with you? This is the kind of thing you say, almost verbatim:

Forget belief systems.

What I present is not my personal belief system but [the truth].

Truth cannot be debated.

So you claim to want discussion but only as long as there is no talk of belief, no disagreement with you, no debate, only as long as the premise set up by the combination of your vanity, surmise and certitude is accepted as the "truth" - while all esle is "dishonesty". This - plus your incorrect use of key vocabulary - makes discourse with you impossible and makes the feigned curiosity of your questions come across as insincere and disingenuous.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
16 Jan 11

Originally posted by FMF
How can one discuss belief systems with you? This is the kind of thing you say, almost verbatim:

[b]Forget belief systems.

What I present is not my personal belief system but [the truth].

Truth cannot be debated.

So you claim to want discussion but only as long as there is no talk of belief, no disagre ...[text shortened]... and makes the feigned curiosity of your questions come across as insincere and disingenuous.[/b]
You have not revealed what you stand for, so I cannot discuss anything with you.

Are you supporting animal slaughter as well?......or

Do you say there is no God and the cosmos just appeared from nothing?

You seem offended that i support animal care, and that I reject that the cosmos just happened without intelligent cause.

Is that because you subscribe to those falsities also?

F

Moves
16 Jan 11
1 edit

You have not revealed what you stand for, so I cannot discuss anything with you.
It's true that you cannot discuss anything with me but not because I have not revealed what I stand for. The reason you are not capable of discussing things with me - or seemingly just about anyone else here - is because your explicit and often repeated credo is [more or less verbatim] as follows:

"Forget belief systems. What I present is not my personal belief system but the truth. Persons who reject this truth are dishonest. The truth cannot be debated."

The barrier to debate and discussion is you, vishvahetu, not me.