1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 18:40
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]I can think of a number of objections to these skeptical viewpoints--can you?

So basically you are just wasting your and my time?[/b]
    No, I'm trying to see if you have a brain. The historical existence of Christ would be easier to prove.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 18:44
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    No, I'm trying to see if you have a brain. The historical existence of Christ would be easier to prove.
    So the fact that you have a brain proves a historical fact?

Way to go!
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 18:49
    So the fact that you have a brain proves a historical fact?

Way to go!
    I'm tempted to believe the Holy Spirit inspires every word you speak, because you clearly don't have a mind of your own. Hallelujah.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 18:51
    I'm tempted to believe the Holy Spirit inspires every word you speak, because you clearly don't have a mind of your own. Hallelujah.
    Now seriously, how would you go about proving a historical event as a fact?

Have you ever heard of something called faith?
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 19:12
    Now seriously, how would you go about proving a historical event as a fact?

Have you ever heard of something called faith?
    A Jesusbot on repeat. Sweet Jesus.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 19:172 edits
    A Jesusbot on repeat. Sweet Jesus.
    You seem to forget that everything you believe has an element of faith.

The more you scorn Christ, the clearer it becomes to everyone how unsure you are about your own beliefs.
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 01:251 edit
    You seem to forget that everything you believe has an element of faith.

The more you scorn Christ, the clearer it becomes to everyone how unsure you are about your own beliefs.
    "You seem to forget that everything you believe has an element of faith."....

That does not equate to your definition of " faith ", as you have shown time and time again in your posts.

Now you speak for "everyone" on an issue that nobody but Bosse could possibly know.

Bosse doesn't come in here ranting and raving anti-science garbage, as you do because the observed evidence disagrees with your "faith" on what really are perpherial matters.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but
    considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
  8. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 02:02
    Anybody believe that the big bang occured? I don't believe it. I believe that the big bang is still coming...

2 Peter 3:10 - But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a [b]great noise
    , and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.[/b]
    Well, the "heavens may pass away" but there won't be any great noise as sound does not propagate in vacuum. For us, all is silent in space.

As for the Big Bang, I see it as science's version of the Creation event of monotheistic religions. But for the record I don't believe existence "began" with a Big Bang anymore than it did with God's sudden decision to create everything.

Both of these are, I think, errors arising from assuming that time is ontologically real, i.e., more than just a conceptual construct.

Just think of the absurdity --

Scenario #1 -- God suddenly creates the universe. What was he doing before this? And for how long? Was he on an extended coffee break? Must have been for infinity. Then suddenly -- perhaps bored with infinity -- he creates the universe.

Scenario #2 -- The Big Bang. Inflationary theory has traced the Big Bang back to a tiny fraction of a second from the Beginning. But what happened before this? Where did the material for the Big Bang come from? From nothing? The very idea of something arising from nothing is patently absurd.

I think both approaches to the riddle of existence do not satisfy. The only approach I know that comes close to satisfying is the one that looks directly at the possibility that something is fundamentally wrong with our understanding of time. We are deeply conditioned to believe in linear time, which means we assume that everything must have a beginning, somewhere. But there is something deeply absurd about this.
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 09:56

The more you display your inability to read what's in front of you, the more I despair. How exactly do my comments disputing the authorship of certain books in the Bible--your literary idol--amount to scorning Christ?
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 10:002 edits
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    Well, the "heavens may pass away" but there won't be any [b]great noise as sound does not propagate in vacuum. For us, all is silent in space.

As for the Big Bang, I see it as science's version of the Creation event of monotheistic religions. But for the record I don't believe existence "began" with a Big Bang anymore than it did with Go ...[text shortened]... at everything must have a beginning, somewhere. But there is something deeply absurd about this.[/b]
    Maybe God created time as we experience it and would therefore not be bound by it. That would explain why we can't really understand somebody/something moving and acting outside of it.
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 11:12
    Anybody believe that the big bang occured? I don't believe it. I believe that the big bang is still coming...

2 Peter 3:10 - But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a [b]great noise
    , and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.[/b]
    Then God said, "let there be light"; and there was light. GENESIS 1:3
    BANG!!!
    If Heaven and earth did not exsist before GOD created them. Things must have been real quiet. When GOD speaks things begin to happen. Some what like before we come to know GOD, or hear HIS voice. We are going about doing our own thing. Then suddenly BANG, HE makes HE makes HIS presence known.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 11:44
    My primitive answer would be yes, I believe that Peter wrote them whilest inspired by the Holy Spirit, as was the whole of the Bible written by people inspired by the Holy Spirit, which in essence makes the Holy Spirit the author of the entire Bible.
    I think he wrote them while inspired by eating too many morning
    glory seeds.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 11:45
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Then God said, "let there be light"; and there was light. GENESIS 1:3
    BANG!!!
    If Heaven and earth did not exsist before GOD created them. Things must have been real quiet. When GOD speaks things begin to happen. Some what like before we come to know GOD, or hear HIS voice. We are going about doing our own thing. Then suddenly BANG, HE makes HE makes HIS presence known.
    Your name says it all.
  14. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 11:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Your name says it all.
    AMEN
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 12:05
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    "You seem to forget that everything you believe has an element of faith."....

That does not equate to your definition of " faith ", as you have shown time and time again in your posts.

Now you speak for "everyone" on an issue that nobody but Bosse could possibly know.

Bosse doesn't come in here ranting and raving ...[text shortened]... he mote that is in thy brother's eye, but
    considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

How is your faith any different to mine?

Oh yea, now I remember your faith is based on evidence... When you were trying to replicate the big bang and blew up the lav... So you concluded that it must have happened...

Bosse doesn't come in here ranting and raving anti-science garbage, as you do because the observed evidence disagrees with your "faith" on what really are perpherial matters.

What evidence do you have for the big bang? Some cherry bomb that blew up a lav?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree