The Big Bang!

The Big Bang!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by Halitose
Is a toilet joke below the belt?

Nope! Your belt is around your ankles.
ah, a man wid humor .

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
06 Sep 05
1 edit

I recomend everyone in this thread pick up a copy of Dr. Joseph Silk's On the Shores of the Unknown since most of you seem to like arguing about big bang-big crunch theory without understanding it.

And I wasn't aware that fundies debated continental drift, I didn't think they were denying that solid of an idea.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
ah, a man wid humor .
Humor is by far the most significant activity of the human brain.
Edward De Bono

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
I recomend everyone in this thread pick up a copy of Dr. Joseph Silk's [b] On the Shores of the Unknown since most of you seem to like arguing about big bang-big crunch theory without understanding it.

And I wasn't aware that fundies debated continental drift, I didn't think they were denying that solid of an idea.[/b]
Actually I am talking more about the limits of Mankowski 3-space

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
Yea, like the bacteria in the drop of water thinking he's discovered the whole universe. Then the scientist looks at the bateria through the microscope and shakes his head.
dj2,

I wonder what you think you are accomplishing with this thread and others like it? Did God tell you to start these threads? Do you feel you are being persecuted? Is this persecution a fullfillment of prophecy in your mind? I would really like to know more about your state of mind on these matter if you would so indulge me. Thanks

TheSkipper

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by TheSkipper
dj2,

I wonder what you think you are accomplishing with this thread and others like it? Did God tell you to start these threads? Do you feel you are being persecuted? Is this persecution a fullfillment of prophecy in your mind? I would really like to know more about your state of mind on these matter if you would so indulge me. Thanks

TheSkipper
You'd have better a better chance of getting a rational answer from a parrot if you asked it why it wanted a cracker

Moves
06 Sep 05

dj2,

TheSkipper
Do you have a problem with anyone speaking out about what they believe?

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
06 Sep 05

Do you have a problem with anyone speaking out about what they believe?
Not at all. I generally encourage it. I'm just curious what you are getting out of all this. Is it pleasing to God in some way? Pleasing to you, perhaps? Why?

TheSkipper

Moves
06 Sep 05
2 edits

Not at all. I generally encourage it. I'm just curious what you are getting out of all this. Is it pleasing to God in some way? Pleasing to you, perhaps? Why?

TheSkipper
I'm not too sure if understand what you mean.

Do you think it wouldn't please me or God if I stood up for Him?

edit: Or do you think it would please God if I just sat back and watched some guys trample His word underfoot?

I hope you understand that the big bang theory is a direct attack on God's Word.

L

Moves
06 Sep 05

There is very good scientific/objective evidence supporting the big bang theory.
It has been proven that other planets/solar systems are constantly moving further and further away from earth. A natural conclusion you could draw from this is that all these planets where once cramped togheter, and a big explosion caused it to be smashed in a billon pieces flying though space.

See, its all is a lot more logical once you know a few facts.

Happy to help,

Maarten

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
06 Sep 05

edit: Or do you think it would please God if I just sat back and watched some guys trample His word underfoot?
Stop spreading reworked Sumerian mythology and seek His word and you might actually accomplishing pleasing Him.

btw God ain't a 98 lb weaking dat needs a charales course on dynamic tension.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
06 Sep 05

So you view your threads here as a pre-emptive strike against heresy? Interesting.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that God wants you to be speaking to people about his word so that they might experience Christ and his love for themselves. Defending the Bible by making, let's face facts here, specious arguments against science does not seem like the most effective way of showing people Christ's love. I would start with the gospels if I were you. An added bonus to using the gospels for your missionary work is that they do not discuss the origin of man to any great degree so you can avoid that topic all together. Once you help all these people experience Christ THEN you can start talking to them about the rest of the bible and how they need to adjust their views on science etc etc. I'm really not sure why you think it is important for a bunch of non-believers to agree with you that the world was created by a deity they do not believe in. You are putting the cart before the horse my friend.

So, work on being a beacon of light for all to see. You may find that you will get a more positive response. Also, I can assure that God does not need you to defend the Bible for him. It says exactly what he wants it to say and our free will allows us to understand it as we see fit.

Have a nice day, dj2.

TheSkipper

Moves
06 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
There is very good scientific/objective evidence supporting the big bang theory.
It has been proven that other planets/solar systems are constantly moving further and further away from earth. A natural conclusion you could draw from this is that all these planets where once cramped togheter, and a big explosion caused it to be smashed in a billo ...[text shortened]... e.

See, its all is a lot more logical once you know a few facts.

Happy to help,

Maarten
Hi Maarten

I also hope you realise that the Big Bang theory cannot explain the origin of natural laws and the many particular constants such as the strength of gravity or the mass of the electron, all of which seem so precisely tuned to permit stars and planets and life to exist.

There are also many other problems with the theory.

Just for starters, here are a few, see: http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/cosmology/bbproblems.html

Hope this helps.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Nice definition of God as capitalist.

What was that one about the flowers of the field...?
God as a Capitlist no, the creator yes.
Kelly

L

Moves
07 Sep 05

You seem to forget that everything you believe has an element of faith.

The more you scorn Christ, the clearer it becomes to everyone how unsure you are about your own beliefs.
You seem to forget that everything you believe has an element of faith.

i believe that i have hands. how does this belief invoke 'faith'? do you really think it is the same type of 'faith' that characterizes your belief in a supernatural being?