1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:00
    It has become very apparent to me that Christians claim that the ONLY way to Heaven is the belief in Jesus. I don't even really understand what that means. However:

Jesus died on the cross. Does God claim that a human MUST believe that this actually happened.....or they go to hell? What sort of God says that you MUST believe in my Son.....or.....you go to Hell for eternity.

What is that??????? There is something very, very wrong with the Christian ideology.

In a different thread....the term blackmail was used, and it applies here.

God is blackmailing us humans to believe, love, or whatever is involved with Jesus......OR.....we go to hell. For Christians, they seem okay with this blackmail.....and call it grace, but for me.....it is VERY disturbing, because it is blackmail. God is FORCING us to love His son, or we go to hell. There is NO grace involved. The entire story of Jesus, and the crucifixion is becoming SO far-fetched, that I cannot even digest the nonsense that Christians offer.

Christians......YOU do NOT hold the key to the universe!!!!!!! You can NO longer take some bible verses and hold the rest of the world HOSTAGE to your beliefs. Do you realize how INSANE you sound???
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:04
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Christians......YOU do NOT hold the key to the universe!!!!!!! You can NO longer take some bible verses and hold the rest of the world HOSTAGE to your beliefs. Do you realize how INSANE you sound???
    In what way do you think Christians are "holding the rest of the world hostage to [their] beliefs"?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    In what way do you think Christians are "holding the rest of the world hostage to [their] beliefs"?
    If you do not believe in Jesus......then you go to hell.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:16
    If you do not believe in Jesus......then you go to hell.
    Yes but how does that idea ~ something that most Christians imagine to be true ~ affect non-Christians? It doesn't. How are these non-Christians in any way even remotely "held hostage" by stuff that they do not imagine to be true?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes but how does that idea ~ something that most Christians imagine to be true ~ affect non-Christians? It doesn't. How are these non-Christians in any way even remotely "held hostage" by stuff that they do not imagine to be true?
    That is the entire point FMF. Even if you are an atheist, you are doomed to a hell by the Christians. Why.......because you do not believe in the story. It seems like a fairy tale, almost. The God of the universe is SO petty, that if you do NOT believe in his son, you will be doomed to hell.

In there.....lies the blackmail. Believe in my son, or die.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:33
    Even if you are an atheist, you are doomed to a hell by the Christians. Why.......because you do not believe in the story.
    I'll ask again. How does atheists being "doomed to a hell by the Christians" affect the atheists? How can figments of Christian imagination ~ which are sheer nonsense to most atheists ~ in any way, shape or fashion, be said to be "holding them hostage"?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:35
    In there.....lies the blackmail. Believe in my son, or die.
    But atheists already know they are going to die. The "believe in my son" bit doesn't mean anything to them.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'll ask again. How does atheists being "doomed to a hell by the Christians" affect the atheists? How can figments of Christian imagination ~ which are sheer nonsense to most atheists ~ in any way, shape or fashion, be said to be "holding them hostage"?
    What if the Christians are right? You FMF, may not believe in God, but....what if you are wrong? It is easy to discuss on a forum, but.......really, if you are wrong, then you go to HELL. That is the reason for the question.

It is my belief that ALL humans are saved!!! All humans. Once Jesus was crucified, all humans are saved. Regardless of belief.

Otherwise....you would be going to hell FMF.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:44
    It is my belief that ALL humans are saved!!! All humans. Once Jesus was crucified, all humans are saved. Regardless of belief.
    On what do you base these claims when you also claim that the Bible is BS and man made and Christian beliefs are insane and Christians don't know anything about God?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:47
    What if the Christians are right?
    It's like asking 'what if Dasa is right?' Or 'what if the pagan Greeks and Romans were right?' It simply doesn't mean anything to those who do not subscribe to the beliefs or the scriptures. Non-believers and non-Christians are not "held hostage" by the question "What if the Christians are right?"
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's like asking 'what if Dasa is right?' Or 'what if the pagan Greeks and Romans were right?' It simply doesn't mean anything to those who do not subscribe to the beliefs or the scriptures. Non-believers and non-Christians are not "held hostage" by the question "What if the Christians are right?"
    You are not addressing the OP. God is blackmailing humans to believe in His Son. If we don't believe in Jesus......we go to hell. Whether or not you are an atheist, does not exclude you from this.

Do you believe in Jesus FMF? Or.....are you going to hell for your NON belief?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:571 edit
    You are not addressing the OP. God is blackmailing humans to believe in His Son. If we don't believe in Jesus......we go to hell. Whether or not you are an atheist, does not exclude you from this.
    The Christian God figure is only theoretically "blackmailing" people who believe they are being "blackmailed". Atheists look upon this and see ~ not a God that is "blackmailing" people ~ but instead they see an ideology - a set of imagined and hoped for things and rules - subscribed to by people [who self-identify as Christians] in which outsiders or non-believers or those failing to comply with the ideology will be punished by their God figure.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 05:59
    If we don't believe in Jesus......we go to hell.
    On what do you base this claim?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    On what do you base this claim?
    The Holy Bible.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:011 edit
    In your first post in these forums (and maintained for some time subsequently) you said this:

"I have always considered myself a Christian..."

Do you realise how insane you sound?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree