1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:03
    Originally posted by chaney3
    The Holy Bible.
    But you have dismissed the "Holy Bible" as "BS" and "man made" here on this forum, recently. You have also claimed that those who subscribe to the Bible "know nothing about God" and sound "insane".
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In your first post in these forums (and maintained for some time subsequently) you said this:

[b]"I have always considered myself a Christian..."

Do you realise how insane you sound?[/b]
    Yes, I do.

But......the more I think about it....do you realize how insane Christians sound in the face of reality?

I have admitted that I am searching. What I am finding is that the reliance on strictly the bible is false. God is much more than our bible gives him credit. Example: You don't believe in the hell theories......neither do I. Does that mean that YOU dive no longer believe in the bible?

Tell me: Now that you no longer believe in the bible's version of hell, what exactly do you believe can be trusted in any.....ANY, form of the bible?

You cannot. Why? Because it is a book.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:10
    Yes, I do.

But......the more I think about it....do you realize how insane Christians sound in the face of reality?

I have admitted that I am searching. What I am finding is that the reliance on strictly the bible is false. God is much more than our bible gives him credit. Example: You don't believe in the hell theories......neither do I. Does tha ...[text shortened]... ve can be trusted in any.....ANY, form of the bible?

You cannot. Why? Because it is a book.
    How can "a book" and the people who believe that it deals in 'the truth' hold non-believers "hostage". I keep asking because it's one of the main points in your OP and you keep dodging the question.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:12
    Now that you no longer believe in the bible's version of hell, what exactly do you believe can be trusted in any.....ANY, form of the bible?
    divegeester does not subscribe to the interpretation of the Bible regarding "Hell" that certain Christians propagate.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    How can "a book" and the people who believe that it deals in 'the truth' hold non-believers "hostage". I keep asking because it's one of the main points in your OP and you keep dodging the question.
    You must be retarded FMF. If it were not for the bible, humans would not give a name, nor a character to a creator. Stop asking stupid questions. Please.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    divegeester does not subscribe to the interpretation of the Bible regarding "Hell" that certain Christians propagate.
    I was talking to dive. Stay out of it when you are not addressed personally.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:24
    Now that you no longer believe in the bible's version of hell, what exactly do you believe can be trusted in any.....ANY, form of the bible?You cannot. Why? Because it is a book.
    Interpretation of the Bible is the basis for most of the discussion in this forum. I trust the Bible to inform me of God's purpose in my life. I also recognise that much of the key debating topics in the Bible arise from scriptures which in my opinion are truths revealed through symbolism and are not literal.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:251 edit
    You must be retarded FMF. If it were not for the bible, humans would not give a name, nor a character to a creator. Stop asking stupid questions. Please.
    FMF is not retarded and his question is not stupid. You saying so just reflects negatively on yourself and makes you look like many of the other posters in this forum who attack FMF (and myself) simply for disagreeing with them.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:29
    I don't think many of the Christians here sound "insane" in the face of reality.

I think, in the face of reality [at least as I see it], Christians sound like other things. Grampy Bobby sounds sanctimonious and incapacitated (in terms of interpersonal communication); sonship sounds technocratic and joyless; lemon lime sounds waffley and furtive; robbie carrobie sounds misanthropic and rather puerile; Suzianne sounds scornful-for-scorn's-sake; whodey sounds like he's always just about to mention Mr Obama; RJHinds sounds like a poisonous oaf; divegeester sounds a bit baffled by how the other Christians like to insult or dismiss him; josephw sounds muddled, cowardly albeit passionate; RBHILL sounds like he's away with the birds; and many of the others just sound like they just have difficulty talking to people who disagree with them or who have different beliefs. None of them sound "insane" in the face of reality, not to me at any rate.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:31
    I was talking to dive. Stay out of it when you are not addressed personally.
    divegeester does not "no longer believe in the bible's version of hell", instead he does not subscribe to the interpretation by certain Christians of the Bible regarding "Hell".
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Interpretation of the Bible is the basis for most of the discussion in this forum. I trust the Bible to inform me of God's purpose in my life. I also recognise that much of the key debating topics in the Bible arise from scriptures which in my opinion are truths revealed through symbolism and are not literal.
    Dive.....it says in Revelation that we are all doomed to hell. You have fought that in numerous threads.

Do you NOT believe in the bible? Or, do you conveniently just push aside the things that are a nuisance to you?

Your bible acceptance is not good. And, furthermore, you believe what YOU want to believe. God is blackmailing humans to avoid Hell. What do you have to say about the OP?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:331 edit
    How is it that countless billions of humans down through the ages who don't subscribe to the Bible have, nevertheless, given "a name and a character" to a "creator" figure?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:35
    Dive.....it says in Revelation that we are all doomed to hell. You have fought that in numerous threads. Do you NOT believe in the bible?
    divegeester's disagreement is with other Christians about the meaning of "Hell" not with the Bible itself.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think many of the Christians here sound [b]"insane" in the face of reality.

I think, in the face of reality [at least as I see it], Christians sound like other things. Grampy Bobby sounds sanctimonious and incapacitated (in terms of interpersonal communication); sonship sounds technocratic and joyless; lemon lime sounds waffle ...[text shortened]... erent beliefs. None of them sound "insane" in the face of reality, not to me at any rate.[/b]
    Believe in Jesus......or, die an eternal death.

There is no other form of blackmail that I can think of. This particular God is very, very, petty.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 06:39
    Believe in Jesus......or, die an eternal death.

There is no other form of blackmail that I can think of. This particular God is very, very, petty.
    Atheists already know they are going to die and they don't believe in Jesus, so there's no "blackmail".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree