1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    30 Oct '09 03:333 edits
    I always thought Revelation was the craziest book in the Bible. Is it possible that Lamentations is even crazier?

    Here's the reason I ask. I was scanning the AM radio in my car tonight and came across this old guy saying all this crazy stuff in a real shaky but zealous voice. He was talking about curses, wormwood, menstruating women and all kinds of things you'd never expect to hear from an elderly man on the radio, or at all, from any sane person for that matter. It was so creepy, I thought it must be some kind of Halloween special. I stuck around for the commercial break and it turns out that it was a Christian radio station with a nightly program where this guy just reads the Bible aloud. Tonight's show was Lamentations, and I think it was Chapters 3 and 4 that I caught. It really spooked me.
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    290
    30 Oct '09 03:58
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I always thought Revelation was the craziest book in the Bible. Is it possible that Lamentations is even crazier?

    Here's the reason I ask. I was scanning the AM radio in my car tonight and came across this old guy saying all this crazy stuff in a real shaky but zealous voice. He was talking about curses, wormwood, menstruating women and all kin ...[text shortened]... w was Lamentations, and I think it was Chapters 3 and 4 that I caught. It really spooked me.
    Did he read the entire 3 & 4 chapters in Lamentations? Did you listen to the whole thing? I think in the book of Lamentations God accurately conveys one of the elements of His nature. He says in Lamentations 3:39, "Wherefore doth a living man complain, a man for the punishment of his sins?"... From what I understand God is basically asking why a man complains when he is being punished for his sins.. he is the one who brought it upon himself knowing fully that he will someday have to make an account for all his actions.

    Anyway, I only read a little bit of those chapters, but nothing that I read spooked me. Why does it spook you?
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140216
    30 Oct '09 04:08
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I always thought Revelation was the craziest book in the Bible. Is it possible that Lamentations is even crazier?

    Here's the reason I ask. I was scanning the AM radio in my car tonight and came across this old guy saying all this crazy stuff in a real shaky but zealous voice. He was talking about curses, wormwood, menstruating women and all kin ...[text shortened]... w was Lamentations, and I think it was Chapters 3 and 4 that I caught. It really spooked me.
    Was it Dr. J. Vernon McGee ? (He died but they still play his studies) Or Harold Camping? Vernon McGee has a southern drawl for sure.




    Manny
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    30 Oct '09 04:292 edits
    Originally posted by menace71
    Was it Dr. J. Vernon McGee ? (He died but they still play his studies) Or Harold Camping? Vernon McGee has a southern drawl for sure.




    Manny
    No, this was definitely some guy reading it live out of a basement studio or something. He almost certainly did not have a doctorate degree, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if his name was Vernon. This was no study. He was just reading it straight through, verse after verse after verse.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    30 Oct '09 04:364 edits
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    Why does it spook you?
    It kept going on and on about the horrors of "the wormwood" and "the gall." And then it said that some city, Jerusalem I think, was like a menstruating woman. There was quite a bit of pleading for vengeance in there. Lots of other wacky things that bore the hallmark of insanity and delusion, so many that I lost track of them.

    These are not normal things found in typical, sane radio programming, and if they occurred anywhere outside of the Bible (which I initially believed was the case, thinking this was just some loon that got ahold of some public access airtime to vent some mad ramblings), then I think any sensible person ought to be spooked by such things. If I were on a bus and somebody started reciting this stuff, I'd be getting off at the next stop.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    290
    30 Oct '09 04:52
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    It kept going on and on about the horrors of "the wormwood" and "the gall." And then it said that some city, Jerusalem I think, was like a menstruating woman. There was quite a bit of pleading for vengeance in there. Lots of other wacky things that bore the hallmark of insanity and delusion, so many that I lost track of them.

    These are not ...[text shortened]... ent some mad rambings), then I think any sensible person ought to be spooked by such things.
    But God is talking to His enemies, and the people who are living in sin... He's not talking to the people who acknowledge His existence and who are trying to live for Him. I think anyone who is spooked must be choosing to be God's enemy, in which case they should be spooked since they will someday face His wrath.
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    290
    30 Oct '09 04:54
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    It kept going on and on about the horrors of "the wormwood" and "the gall." And then it said that some city, Jerusalem I think, was like a menstruating woman. There was quite a bit of pleading for vengeance in there. Lots of other wacky things that bore the hallmark of insanity and delusion, so many that I lost track of them.

    These are not ...[text shortened]... ere on a bus and somebody started reciting this stuff, I'd be getting off at the next stop.
    "If I were on a bus and somebody started reciting this stuff, I'd be getting off at the next stop." - But you cannot escape God. 😉 😛
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    30 Oct '09 06:09
    Originally posted by menace71
    Was it Dr. J. Vernon McGee ?
    Now, there's a Bible teacher!!
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    34575
    30 Oct '09 15:56
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    [b]"If I were on a bus and somebody started reciting this stuff, I'd be getting off at the next stop." - But you cannot escape God. 😉 😛[/b]
    You can escape someone's uninformed opinion of God. 😛
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91680
    30 Oct '09 16:13
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    But God is talking to His enemies, and the people who are living in sin... He's not talking to the people who acknowledge His existence and who are trying to live for Him. I think anyone who is spooked must be choosing to be God's enemy, in which case they should be spooked since they will someday face His wrath.
    Aren't we all living in sin? I don't think God is 'wrathful' . Do you somehow feel their are injustices which must be atoned for, or something?
  11. weedhopper
    Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    8064
    30 Oct '09 16:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Aren't we all living in sin? I don't think God is 'wrathful' . Do you somehow feel their are injustices which must be atoned for, or something?
    Certainly--God assures us that the wicked WILL be brought to justice for their "injustices".
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140216
    01 Nov '09 19:01
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Now, there's a Bible teacher!!
    As a new Christian I enjoyed listening to His teaching. Right out of the bible no doubt.
    He did not seem whacky as Dr Scribbles there was relaying. You did have to get past his accent but beyond that he was very practical.



    Manny
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    01 Nov '09 21:46
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I always thought Revelation was the craziest book in the Bible. Is it possible that Lamentations is even crazier?

    Here's the reason I ask. I was scanning the AM radio in my car tonight and came across this old guy saying all this crazy stuff in a real shaky but zealous voice. He was talking about curses, wormwood, menstruating women and all kin ...[text shortened]... w was Lamentations, and I think it was Chapters 3 and 4 that I caught. It really spooked me.
    That's odd. I heard the same program. But it didn't scare me since I know what he was talking about.

    Just think how scary it's going to be when Jesus actually returns to earth pouring out vengeance just like it says in the Bible. When you least expect it.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    09 Dec '09 19:542 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Just think how scary it's going to be when Jesus actually returns to earth pouring out vengeance just like it says in the Bible. When you least expect it.
    Or how scary it will be when the tenth avatar of Vishnu along with Shiva dissolve and regenerate the Universe at the close of this Kali Yuga.

    FRIGHTENING!

    And let's not forget the great prophet Muhammad who foretold, "When the most wicked member of a tribe becomes its ruler, and the most worthless member of a community becomes its leader, and a man is respected through fear of the evil he may do, and leadership is given to people who are unworthy of it, expect the Day of Judgment."

    I personally think Muhammad and Jesus will be tag-teaming this bitch Earth into submission. Oh what a Holy day that will be! Where we can all celebrate the destruction of civilization and the return of our Lord(s). And we will all point our fingers in the faces of those who mocked and cry out, "I told you sooo! Nanny nanny boo boo!" like the bunch of children we are....
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    34575
    09 Dec '09 21:30
    Classic - Rec'd
Back to Top