05 Jul '05 14:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 14:38
    and out of curiousity, would you think that by questioning the actions god's representatives on earth and not liking what i see, i am questioning god? or even rejecting god?

[/b]
    This way of thinking leads away from popish knavery...The Protestants await thee...
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 14:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 15:29
    Originally posted by catfoodtim
    LOL!

good god, i'm going the way of henry viii, and all those lads! jesus, mary and joseph no!

Not to mention Cromwell. Now there's a man for the Yankees to admire...
  5. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 20:541 edit
    to label us all as sinners is a little impolite, i think. if the church has called you personally a sinner ask yourself why? you are responsible for your own actions, don't presume to find me guilty of your own predjudices and faults. ...[text shortened]... ier ride. but personally i enjoy coming to my own conclusions.
    Yes, you are a sinner friskiestim.....get used to it....you can't escape it no matter what lifestyle you choose....so be happy....as man's place in the scheme of lifew is fixed, just as the planets in the solar system are fixed, and have been for eons...so keep tip-toeing through the tulips, and may you be forever happy....'nuff said..."ciao", oh, I meant "meow". 🙄
  6. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 20:57
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    OK I'll admit my mistake there. I scanned your post noticed the bit where you said you hated gays and didn't read the context.

So what part of the bible do you use to call homosexuality a sin? I ask because I know what the commonly used verses are but which one does it for you?
    You didn't notice anywhere that I said I hated gays....as for the verse you're looking for, look it up....any verse will do....
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 22:41

and out of curiousity, would you think that by questioning the actions god's representatives on earth and not liking what i see, i am questioning god? or even rejecting god?

[/b]
    Priests are not representatives of God. Those are prophets and saints. Priests are mediums and defenders of the doctrine of the church that they celebrate in. Rejecting God is an action in which someone deliberately exercises their freewill against their conscience.
  8. London
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 22:43
    Originally posted by howardgee
    The problem is you conservatives don't have a philosophy:

You just believe everything which is spoon fed to you. (From the media, the book of lies - aka the bible, etc)

This is why you are so full of it, and are incapable of having a rational, reasonable debate.

You have not learnt to philosophise!
    And, from past experience, neither have you (college degree notwithstanding).
  9. Cosmos
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 01:25
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    And, from past experience, neither have you (college degree notwithstanding).
    ..and you are basing this unsubstantiated claim on which grounds?

Thank you for proving my point about Conservatives (such as yourself) and their lack of reasoning/arguing ability.
  10. London
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 19:39
    ..and you are basing this unsubstantiated claim on which grounds?

Thank you for proving my point about Conservatives (such as yourself) and their lack of reasoning/arguing ability.
    LOL. In my own country I am considered a "leftist liberal".

You want to talk about lack of reasoning ability?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=25481&page=2

Absolute tosh.
  11. Cosmos
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 04:46
    LOL. In my own country I am considered a "leftist liberal".

You want to talk about lack of reasoning ability?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=25481&page=2

Absolute tosh.
    I agree - Absolute tosh: Written by yourself!!

Let's take some quotes from Bbar from the aforementioned thread regarding your reasoning:

"You are simply confused on this point."
    "You have made an elementary error in reasoning here, as should now be obvious."
    "You are still making the same simple error."

I agree entirely with what Bbar wrote here, and I also have a first in Philosophical logic.
    However, you still cannot see your basic mistake.
    Some are so blind that they cannot see!
  12. London
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 07:01
    I agree - Absolute tosh: Written by yourself!!

Let's take some quotes from Bbar from the aforementioned thread regarding your reasoning:

"You are simply confused on this point."
    "You have made an elementary error in reasoning here, as should now be obvious."
    "You are still making the same simple error."

I agree entirely with what Bbar wr ...[text shortened]... ic.
    However, you still cannot see your basic mistake.
    Some are so blind that they cannot see!
    Read your own response. Then read bbarr's (sp!). Your response is completely irrelevant to the discussion. If you want, I can walk you through it.

Btw, why do you feel you need to parade your qualifications before us "Conservatives"? Are you afraid we will not recognise your intellectual prowess without those qualifications?

Cheers,

LH

PS: I see bbarr has not yet responded to the my last post in that thread. Since you're a fellow "philosopher", care to show me the error of my thinking?
  13. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 07:271 edit
    PS: I see bbarr has not yet responded to the my last post in that thread. Since you're a fellow "philosopher", care to show me the error of my thinking?
    If you can't see the error you're making in that thread, despite it being pointed out to you again and again, then what else can I do? I've pointed out your error multiple times, but you just deny you're making it.
  14. Cosmos
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 08:32
    Read your own response. Then read bbarr's (sp!). Your response is completely irrelevant to the discussion. If you want, I can walk you through it.

Btw, why do you feel you need to parade your qualifications before us "Conservatives"? Are you afraid we will not recognise your intellectual prowess without those qualifications?

Cheers,

LH

...[text shortened]... n that thread. Since you're a fellow "philosopher", care to show me the error of my thinking?
    See the other thread.
  15. Joined
    26 Jun '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 16:21
    i know this subject is old hat but after reading this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,2763,1518316,00.html

in the guardian today i am interested in how catholics feel about child abuse by priests and the church's subsequent response over the years.

when i first moved to dublin i was incensed to hear an open letter from the ...[text shortened]... sing my soul by refusing to attend church services because of sins perpetrated by its spokesmen?
    hey i can understand that. it's like looking up to someone just shattered yur ideals of yur god. well. even if u r not walking in 2 the church i don't think yur salvation will be touched at all. u'll live on thinking and doing what u wish. u b'lieve enough god will except n e body right? he wouldn't shatter yur faith would he at the gates of heaven just b'cause u refuse to follow his word thru another?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree