1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 01:51
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b]Genesis 1:2 furnishes ground to say a previous world was made waste and void in judgment.

And I do agree that Peter is speaking of Genesis 1 and 6 most likely.

But the expressions Peter uses are " ... the world then ..." and " ... the heavens and the earth now ..."

That is just "the world THEN ..." as contrasted to [b ...[text shortened]... Satan's rule could never have became waste and void before man was created and given this world.[/b]
    I believe the "the world THEN ..." meant the world before the worldwide flood of Noah's time. And "the heavens and the earth NOW ..." refers to this world after the worldwide flood.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 02:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe the [b]"the world THEN ..." meant the world before the worldwide flood of Noah's time. And "the heavens and the earth NOW ..." refers to this world after the worldwide flood.[/b]
    I believe the "the world THEN ..." meant the world before the worldwide flood of Noah's time. And "the heavens and the earth NOW ..." refers to this world after the worldwide flood.

I believe that too. It doesn't mean going back to the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth. I mean in a world unrelated to the human kingdom.

You say that understanding means Evolution.
    But that is not necessarily so.
    It means before the six days, before Human Beings.

From the six days is "the world then ..." but that verse alone may not conclusively prove my point.

Again "the earth was [or became] waste and wild" (Genesis 1:2)

The word "was" there has the same function in 19:26 when God judged Lot's was and she WAS or she BECAME a pillar of salt.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 02:39
    RJ, You really think Satan's first victim of deceit was Eve ?

You think the angels followed the example of Eve and said - "Well, it looked like it turned out pretty good for Adam and Eve. Let us follow this Lucifer also." ?

I don't think it happened in that sequence. Rather when Adam and Eve were deceived the evil hordes were already evil and rejoicing that thier boss scored one on God.

And this after maybe millions of years or a lengthy time they sullenly resented their empire taken away which they could not restart, restore or re-create.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 03:371 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    RJ, You really think Satan's first victim of deceit was Eve ?

You think the angels followed the example of Eve and said - "Well, it looked like it turned out pretty good for Adam and Eve. Let us follow this Lucifer also." ?

I don't think it happened in that sequence. Rather when Adam and Eve were deceived the evil hordes were already evil and rejoi ...[text shortened]... ey sullenly resented their empire taken away which they could not restart, restore or re-create.
    Yes.

I believe Satan had never seen death and may have actually believed that Eve would not die as God had said for just eating a piece of fruit. But Satan wanted Eve to disobey God so that God would know that He should not trust humans to rule the world. Satan tried to do a similar thing with Job.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 15:371 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Am I the only one who sees a casual callousness in the believer who takes the attitude, "My deity has not allowed me to die of starvation, drowning, or cancer. He loves me! Praise His name,"

I think this is a naive view in light of the facts that Christians seem not exempt from the trials and troubles which befall all people.

conveniently ignoring the deaths of billions of fellow believers? Sure, some die peacefully in their sleep, bellies full. But that has not been a universal fate for believ

The follower of Christ is not guaranteed exclusion from calamities by any means. They help us to grow in God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree