1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 12:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Any day, I would rather deal with an "unsure" Christian, than with one who has misinterpreted the Bible and shoehorned its concepts in with his own ill-educated knowledge. I respect the Christian who is "unsure" enough about his own human failings that he asks God for the wisdom to take in the truth of His Word over the one who has already made up his mind and made wrong assumptions about what the Word of God actually says and doesn't say.
    There you go jumping to conclusion and you don't understand what I am saying. There is no point in trying to explain myself for it would just give you more to rant about. 😏
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 13:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think Paul Dirac II's line of questioning on this thread has been interesting. I also think both sonship's "assumption of [his] own correctness" and his reaction to Paul Dirac II's line of questioning are interesting.
    "Interesting" and still yet "incoherent"?

Which is it?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 13:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    How many regular posters, both Christians and non-Christians, including yourself and me, do you think post here [b]without an "assumption of their own correctness"?[/b]
    Having an "assumption of their own correctness" and being smarmy about it aren't the same thing at all. Many can assume they're correct without the "smarminess factor".
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 13:13
    "Interesting" and still yet "incoherent"?

Which is it?
    It's interesting because it's largely incoherent.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 13:14
    Having an "assumption of their own correctness" and being smarmy about it aren't the same thing at all. Many can assume they're correct without the "smarminess factor".
    I embrace your right to describe the way I come across as being smarmy.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 13:222 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are not sure? Then don't call yourself a Christian. It was after Adam sinned that God began His curses. And there was no Cretaceous era, for that was made up by evolutionists. Read Genesis again, please.

There is nothing so pivital about placing the existence of meat eating dinosaurs that defines who is a Christian and who is not.

Believing meat eating dinosaurs existed before God's creation of Adam does not disqualify any human being from being a Christian. And since we have debated the pre-adamic age before at least once or twice, I don't think I will repeat those posts with the same person, you.

I know what you believe.
    So I do call myself a "Christian" but not based on where in time since the creation of the universe carnivorous ancient animals which no longer seem to exist, lived.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 13:401 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    You are not sure? Then don't call yourself a Christian. It was after Adam sinned that God began His curses. And there was no Cretaceous era, for that was made up by evolutionists. Read Genesis again, please.

There is nothing so pivital about placing the existence of meat eating dinosaurs that defines who is a Christian and who is not. ...[text shortened]... e the creation of the universe carnivorous ancient animals which no longer seem to exist, lived.
    If you could show me that there was a Cretaceous era from the Holy Bible, then I will take my statement back. But if you can't, then I will stand by my statement as well as my position as a young earth creationist being the true Christian belief presented by the Holy Bible. 😏

In my opinion, the real con game is the one the Devil is using with this evolution theory of millions of years of death and destruction in transferring the worship from God the creator to the worship of man the creature.
    Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

(Romans 1:25 KJV)
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 18:45
    If you could show me that there was a Cretaceous era from the Holy Bible, then I will take my statement back. But if you can't, then I will stand by my statement as well as my position as a young earth creationist being the true Christian belief presented by the Holy Bible. 😏

In my opinion, the real con game is the one the Devil is using with this evolu ...[text shortened]... d the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. [/quote]
    The reason it is not in the bible is because a deity did not help in the writing of the bible. Men alone are quite capable of writing pithy sayings of wisdom. No god needed or wanted, especially by the dudes who wrote the bible. A real god showing up would have been the LAST thing they wanted.

So no Cretaceous, and that would be because they knew crap about the real world. The sad part is you and billions more just like you still fall for that BS line.

All that proves is humans are clever but not intelligent. Not intelligent enough for the majority to recognize BS when they hear or see it. And that goes double for you, a supposedly intelligent person, clever only. Intelligent, not so much.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 19:401 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The reason it is not in the bible is because a deity did not help in the writing of the bible. Men alone are quite capable of writing pithy sayings of wisdom. No god needed or wanted, especially by the dudes who wrote the bible. A real god showing up would have been the LAST thing they wanted.

So no Cretaceous, and that would be because they knew crap ab ...[text shortened]... hat goes double for you, a supposedly intelligent person, clever only. Intelligent, not so much.
    Perhaps men alone are capable of imagining the evolution myth with no need of the Devil too, but it sure took them a long time to do it. That does not testify of much intelligence compared to the intelligence God exhibited in only six days by creating all the things that man can't.

I agree that less intelligent men than me could have imagined or dreamed up this clever evolution myth, because they knew crap about the real world. However, someone with my intelligence can see clearly that the Cretaceous period was something unintelligent, but clever, humans imagined or dreamed up in order to replace the truth of a worldwide flood with the lie of evolution, so they can justify to themselves the worship of the human creature instead of the creator God.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 21:17

In my opinion, the real con game is the one the Devil is using with this evolu ...[text shortened]... d the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. [/quote]
    If you could show me that there was a Cretaceous era from the Holy Bible, then I will take my statement back. But if you can't, then I will stand by my statement as well as my position as a young earth creationist being the true Christian belief presented by the Holy Bible.

You can stand where ever you like.

I know that the matter of how old the earth is or whether carnivorous beings predated Adam's creation and however the time frame is not a definitive belief whether one is a Christian or not.

In my opinion, the real con game is the one the Devil is using with this evolution theory of millions of years of death and destruction in transferring the worship from God the creator to the worship of man the creature.

The saints that I know who do believe in Satan's pre-adamic history and the many things the obscure things that went along with that age, are very healthy Christians.

I don't see that not adopting Ken Ham's or Kent Hovind's viewpoint is spiritually weakening to thousands of brothers and sisters I know.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 04:15
    Originally posted by sonship
    If you could show me that there was a Cretaceous era from the Holy Bible, then I will take my statement back. But if you can't, then I will stand by my statement as well as my position as a young earth creationist being the true Christian belief presented by the Holy Bible.

You can stand where ever you like.

I know that the ...[text shortened]... or Kent Hovind's viewpoint is spiritually weakening to thousands of brothers and sisters I know.
    That apparently is because you do not want to see it.
  12. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 12:392 edits
    That apparently is because you do not want to see it.
    Don't want to see what ?

If you say a man does not have the right to say he is a Christian because of something like details about dinosaurs, that's completely wrong.

In fact THAT would be a Con - to insist that only those who held a certain opinion about the diet of a T-Rex or of a Brontosaurus (and the time of eating) have the right to call themselves followers of Jesus.

- - sonship
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 12:41
    Perhaps men alone are capable of imagining the evolution myth with no need of the Devil too, but it sure took them a long time to do it. That does not testify of much intelligence compared to the intelligence God exhibited in only six days by creating all the things that man can't.

I agree that less intelligent men than me could have imagined or dreamed ...[text shortened]... human creature instead of the creator God.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    I am just glad that the kind of mindset you represent gets smaller in number each decade that goes by. Eventually people will get smart enough to see through all the brainwashing that has clouded your thinking to such an extent you CAN'T think clearly anymore, which is obvious because you can't even put forth your own ideas, only relying on bullshyte video's to let others do your thinking for you.

The moon was cooled by water? give me a break.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 02:501 edit
    Originally posted by gswilm
    Don't want to see what ?

If you say a man does not have the right to say he is a Christian because of something like details about dinosaurs, that's completely wrong.

In fact THAT would be a Con - to insist that only those who held a certain opinion about the diet of a T-Rex or of a Brontosaurus (and the time of eating) have the right to call themselves followers of Jesus.

- - sonship
    I suppose a man can say about anything he pleases if he is willing to take the consequences. But I am not concerned with the diet of a T-Rex after man sinned and brought death into the world. But if there was already death or animals before man sinned then the Holy Bible is in error and it would be foolish to believe the Gospel of Christ.

But speaking of the T-Rex again, soft tissue was found in a supposedly 65 million year old T-Rex bone. That is amazing to the evolutionist that found it, because soft tissue should not have lasted that long.

The Evolutionists can't seem to bring themselves to believe that perhaps the dinosaurs did not live millions of years ago, but only a few thousand years ago at most.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 03:275 edits
    But if there was already death or animals before man sinned then the Holy Bible is in error and it would be foolish to believe the Gospel of Christ.

Nonsense.

We know that before Adam sinned, iniquity was found in the anointed Day Star who became Satan. And we know that other beings followed him.

The EXTENT of that rebellion we do not know.

But here is scriptural evidence that at least sin came about before Adam sinned -

"You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you." (Ezekiel 28:16)

This preceded Adam sinning. Romans 5:12 can be believed AND Ezekiel 28:16 also.

Romans 5:12 - "Therefore just as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin, death; and thus death passed on to all men because all have sinned."

Where in that passage is the proof that before Adam sinned there could not be any sin in Satan or some other world under his jurisdiction ?

But speaking of the T-Rex again, soft tissue was found in a supposedly 65 million year old T-Rex bone. That is amazing to the evolutionist that found it, because soft tissue should not have lasted that long.

So then maybe it was not 65 million years ago.
    That's all that could mean.

What passage in the Bible tells us how many years ago the universe was created ? Do you have a passage like Galatians 5:17 expressing the exact number of years between two events?

"And I say this: A covenant previously ratified by God, the law, having come four hundred and thirty years after, does not annull ...:" (Galatians 5:17)

Here the NT mentions 430 years of time.
    You have nothing telling us the number of years between the creation of the heavens and the earth in the beginning and Adam sinning.

Saying God MADE in SIX days (Exodus 20:11) is not emphatic enough because the word there is not CREATED. God could destroy previous worlds and MAKE the heavens and the earth in six days.

The Evolutionists can't seem to bring themselves to believe that perhaps the dinosaurs did not live millions of years ago,but only a few thousand years ago at most.

So the length of time during which they lived is unknown. That's all.
    Whenever they lived we know that Ezekiel 28:12-17 is concerning Satan and before Adam.

"You were in Eden, the garden of God ... you were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you... So I cast you out as profane from the mountain of God, and I destroyed you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom be reason of your brightness. I cast you to the ground; I presented you before kings that they may look at you." (vs. 13,15,17)

I believe we should understand this happening prior to Adam sinning. What we do not know is how extensive was the realm and jurisdiction of that world which Satan effected.

If animals were on the earth during that time, then though we don't know how long ago they lived, they lived and died.

And if you want to say two of each of the dinosaurs were on the ark with Noah then the evolution you have to argue for AFTER the flood is as hefty as any other argued evolution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree