1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 03:54
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] " The lotus plants cover him with their shade ..." (Job 40:21)

RJ, a lutus flower grows from 3 to 8 feet in the water.
    Some people have proposed that the Behemoth is a Brachiosaurus.

I have never been able to imagine an animal that extended up to 30 feet could be covered in a body of water with lotus flowers at most 8 feet high.

The di ...[text shortened]... What is the "work" that you propose we should understand the Brachiosaurus to be doing anyway ?[/b]
    Tomato plants have been grown in Japan under double atmospheric pressure and shielded from radiation that reach 30 feet in height.

Fossilised cattails 60 feet high have been discovered in sedimentary rock.

In the Pre-Flood atmosphere the Carbon Dioxide content was much higher because of the canopy of water.

This high Carbon Dioxide content caused the cattails, and all vegetation, to grow much larger, and also more abundantly.

Even today tomato plants grown in artificially created atmospheres in greenhouses with high Carbon Dioxide content produce very large crops of tomatoes.

We believe that the vegetation before the Flood was superabundant, with extremely large trees, fruit, and vegetables. It was truly superabundant vegetation, all over the world.

During the Flood, the huge forests were rapidly compressed under tons of rock, forming our huge coal seams all over the world. Coal can be artificially created today by compression of vegetable matter.

We believe that animals and fishes were compressed at the time of the Flood to form the huge oil reservoirs.

http://www.freechristianteaching.org/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=31#axzz3QB8gewr5
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 04:01
    Here God describes a great king of the land animals like some of the biggest dinosaurs, the Diplodocus and Apatosaurus. It was a gigantic plant-eater with great muscles and very strong bones. The long Diplodocus had leg bones so strong that he could have held three others on his back.

Conceivably it could refer to a river horse or hi ...[text shortened]... /b]

What's that? Preserve them alive so that they would NOT be preserved shortly afterwards?
    We all can speculate. But the little tail of a hippo is not like a cedar tree in my opinion.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 04:583 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We believe that the vegetation before the Flood was superabundant, with extremely large trees, fruit, and vegetables. It was truly superabundant vegetation, all over the world.

So you think in Job 40 God is talking to Job about typical encounters of man with the behemoth before the flood when this huge dinosaur in a river COULD rest under extra large lotus flowers?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 06:30

So you think in [b]Job 40
    God is talking to Job about typical encounters of man with the behemoth before the flood when this huge dinosaur in a river COULD rest under extra large lotus flowers?[/b]
    Maybe. 😏
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 13:483 edits
    Maybe. 😏
    And MAYBE Christians who consider it is something beside a dinosaur are not following Atheists or are default Evolutionists.

Go back and tell Ken Ham and ICR.

Now you were wise not to insist that this encounter happened BEFORE the flood. In fact I think you remained mum on that. That's because the dangerous insubordination of creatures to humans seems to have developed AFTER the flood (Genesis 9:2).

So it is problematic to say a dangerous encounter with an (alleged) dinosaur, or any other creature for that matter, took place prior to the flood.

Probably, God is speaking to a human / animal encounter after the flood.
    So if it is a Brachiasaurus it would be one after the flood which was in a river giving problems to,ie, human hunters. Right ?

Why did they all die off if they were SO HARD to capture and hunt by humans?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 14:301 edit
    In the Pre-Flood atmosphere the Carbon Dioxide content was much higher because of the canopy of water.

This high Carbon Dioxide content caused the cattails, and all vegetation, to grow much larger, and also more abundantly.

But the behavior of the encounter between humans and the insubordinate and dangerous behemoth better indicate that God is speaking to a situation AFTER the flood.

So how would you account for a Brachiasaurus of such height to be resting its head under the shadow of a Post Flood atmosphere lotus plant of no more than 8 feet high ?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 14:541 edit
    No one wants to be the victum of a con game. If an offer seems too good to be true, it usually is. But once in a while, one can miss out on a real good deal, if one always goes by that rule. One should do their homework and test the waters before jumping in with both feet.
    So it looks like you got taken in by the bible con game, hook line and sinker.

So much intellectual power wasted on fairy tales. That intellectual power lost to religion would be better used to make things better right here and now on Earth instead of just saying, believe, and you will have eternal life after you die in this life. There is only one life, no afterlife and to say such BS is to just put people on crutches.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse

So much intellectual power wasted on fairy tales. That intellectual power lost to religion would be better used to make things better right here and now on Earth instead of just saying, believe, and you will have eternal life after you die in this life. There is only one life, no afterlife and to say such BS is to just put people on crutches.
    fairy tales
    fairy tales
    fairy tales
    fairy tales
    fairy tales

Most adults I know unconcerned about fairy tales don't go where they're being talked about year after year to argue about them.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:301 edit
    RJ,

But the behavior of the encounter between humans and the insubordinate and dangerous behemoth better indicate that God is speaking to a situation AFTER the flood.

So how would you account for a Brachiasaurus of such height to be resting its head under the shadow of a Post Flood atmosphere lotus plant of no more than 8 feet high ?

Any thoughts? I do not attack your faith in Christ or on God the Creator, which is the same faith as mine.
    I just explore how you think on this.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 16:35
    fairy tales
    fairy tales
    fairy tales
    fairy tales
    fairy tales

Most adults I know unconcerned about fairy tales don't go where they're being talked about year after year to argue about them.
    You know exactly what I am talking about, the bible is a collection of fairy tales to con people into being controlled. That is the sum of it. Control.

Deities don't need to control. PEOPLE need to control.

If a deity wanted to start a religion, since by definition it is omniscient, it has the capability to talk to each sentient being in its own language all at the same moment in time but what we have in the Abrahamic religions is a person telling other people he or she got a sign from god. In other words, hierarchical. ONLY PEOPLE make things hierarchical. Deities don't need to settle for such obvious human traits. Traits like 'I am a jealous god'. That is not a god talking. That is a human trying to establish control.

But you religious types always deny any such allegation since you can no longer think critically, you always think you have the instant answer and no amount of science will change that.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 16:42
    So most adults you know don't discuss politics, don't talk about issues like astrology, homeopathy, or religion?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 19:438 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So most adults you know don't discuss politics, don't talk about issues like astrology, homeopathy, or religion?

There is a vested interest of very many sinners in arguing against Christ in hope to find Him worthy of dismissal. And this vested interest is much, much stronger than it is for arguing against astrology, homeopathy, or even religion.

It is hard to remain aloof and indifferent about the words from the mouth of Jesus. You and googlefudge are pristine examples. One has to take a position.

As for the Gospel preacher, he is sent to speak to those who do not believe. So saying "But you don't understand. I don't believe in any of these things" only qualifies that one to hear our preaching.

You see Jesus sent the disciples to preach the gospel to unbelievers. He didn't restrict preaching and say "Go and teach and preach only to those who already believe in Me."
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 21:18
    And MAYBE Christians who consider it is something beside a dinosaur are not following Atheists or are default Evolutionists.

Go back and tell Ken Ham and ICR.

Now you were wise not to insist that this encounter happened BEFORE the flood. In fact I think you remained mum on that. That's because the dangerous insubordination of creatures to h ...[text shortened]... ters. Right ?

Why did they all die off if they were SO HARD to capture and hunt by humans?
    I can only speculate. Perhaps some were able to survive through the flood like whales. Perhaps the following are examples:

Champ, the Lake Champlain Monster

http://www.lakechamplainregion.com/recreation/heritage/champ

Loch Ness Monster

http://www.nessie.co.uk/
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 21:25

Then I suggest you spend what little intellectual power you have making things better right here and now. 😏
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 01:323 edits
    Deities don't need to control. PEOPLE need to control.

History has a Person - Jesus Christ who demonstrated a perfect HARMONY between God moving and man moving, between God operating and man CO-operating.

History contains a Person who was so perfectly blended with the Divine that for God to control was for man to control and for man to control was for God to control.

You know how the politicians after a commercial say "I ,So and So, approve of this message."

The Resurrection of Jesus was God's way of saying " I God, APPROVE of this message." That is the message of a seamless union and interpenetration between the Divine and the Human, between the uncreated life and the created life.

You don't have to tell me now "But I don't believe any of this." I know that already. I don't believe your erroneous Atheism, not for a moment either.

So your dichotomy of God Control VERSES Man Control is short sighted. In Christ God and man are perfectly united. And we believers in Christ are in the PROCESS of entering into this union too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree