1. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 21:531 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Freeze the body and it dies. The soul and spirit are separated from the body at death and go to either heaven or hell based on what the individual chose to believe when presented with the gospel of the grace of God while alive.
    look Joseph there's a golden unicorn!
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 21:54
    Freeze the body and it dies. The soul and spirit are separated from the body at death and go to either heaven or hell based on what the individual chose to believe when presented with the gospel of the grace of God while alive.
    Ok, but what do you think it happens with the soul, then, when
    the body is reanimated? Will it be a sack of potatoes with no
    soul? Will the soul return from haven or hell?
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 21:56
    Hey, guys, by the way: this is not a debate at least on my part.
    I have no conclusions about this and I am really interested in
    reading all your opinions. I am truly in the search for ideas regarding
    in this stuff puzzling me right now.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 21:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    excuse me, shall i provide another verse for you not to explain? again?

(Ecclesiastes 9:5-6) . . .For the living are conscious that they will die; but [b]as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all
    , neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.  Also, their love and their hate and their jealo ...[text shortened]... ks and try to reason on scripture, just for a refreshing change, who knows what you might learn?[/b]
    Don't be a hypocrite.

You're cherry picking. I will not use the word of God in a duel with you. As I said before, the scriptures can be made to say whatever a reprobate wants them to say. That's why there is so much disagreement, because of false teachers teaching the doctrines of devils.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 22:01
    why dont you think that it ever will be achievable, aren't we just a series of electro chemical exchanges and impulses according to your precious theories dear Noobster?
    God told me.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 22:01
    why dont you think that it ever will be achievable, aren't we just a series of electro chemical exchanges and impulses according to your precious theories dear Noobster?
    My precious theories?

What are you babbling about?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 22:02
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Ok, but what do you think it happens with the soul, then, when
    the body is reanimated? Will it be a sack of potatoes with no
    soul? Will the soul return from haven or hell?
    Once the body is dead, really dead, and once the soul is separated from it, only God can rejoin the two and bring that person back to life.

Science will fail if it tries to do it. But isn't that what they think they can do? They are fools trying to be God.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 22:152 edits
    Don't be a hypocrite.

You're cherry picking. I will not use the word of God in a duel with you. As I said before, the scriptures can be made to say whatever a reprobate wants them to say. That's why there is so much disagreement, because of false teachers teaching the doctrines of devils.
    did i write that scripture? no, then perhaps you shall explain what it means or retract your accusation of hypocrisy, for clearly you dont know anything about the bible and have simply regurgitated the same old usual church dogma that has kept you and your forefathers in ignorance for years. Either comment on the verses or leave me out of your prejudices for i have really no time for your personal accusations.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 22:191 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    God told me.
    Did he? Did he say anything about me? Did he look like Bobby Fischer?
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 22:25
    Did he? Did he say anything about me? Did he look like Bobby Fischer?
    Yes.

No.

No.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 22:32
    did i write that scripture? no, then perhaps you shall explain what it means or retract your accusation of hypocrisy, for clearly you dont know anything about the bible and have simply regurgitated the same old usual church dogma that has kept you and your forefathers in ignorance for years. Either comment on the verses or leave me out of your prejudices for i have really no time for your personal accusations.
    Don't dictate to me what I should or shouldn't do.

You're a hypocrite for making the accusations and then accusing me of doing it.

I made the accusations in the open, you try to hide yours.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 22:378 edits
    Don't dictate to me what I should or shouldn't do.

You're a hypocrite for making the accusations and then accusing me of doing it.

I made the accusations in the open, you try to hide yours.
    what have i accused you of other than not being able to explain your beliefs because of your adherence to dogma, which is evidently true given your failure to even address one of those scriptures, i wonder if i went through the entire bible you could explain anything?? I, despite your accusation of hypocrisy, have explained my beliefs. Here is what you have termed me during the course of this rather unfortunate episode,

apostate
    a liar
    hypocrite
    reprobate
    false teacher

If you were standing face to face, do you think you would be so bold as to term me these things? is it easier to bravely sit behind the comfort of your pc and call others names? If I ignore you, will you leave me alone?

(Proverbs 18:6) The lips of one who is stupid enter into quarreling, and his very mouth calls even for strokes.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 22:59
    Yes.

No.

No.
    but Bobby Fischer had a big giant beard and so does God? Does he not?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 00:38
    Dang! You got my number.

I should have realised the superiority of your knowledge of the scriptures. Now all I can do is run away with my tail between my legs.

Just because you can quote a few verses and babble about some Greek and Hebrew words doesn't mean a thing if you don't understand the truth. The Bible can be made to say just about anything an ...[text shortened]... vers pretending to know what the Bible means by what others have told them. It's obvious.
    So animals don't have souls?
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 03:55
    What do you think the collective noun should be for 'bickering Christians'?
    Bitchins?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree