1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 03:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    but Bobby Fischer had a big giant beard and so does God? Does he not?
    God has hair on top of his head too!
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 04:18
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I was watching a documentary last night about a facility in Phoenix,
    Arizona, where like 70 persons are cryogenically frozen. Besides
    many other thoughts, questions and ideas I got about those persons,
    a question keeps coming back to me: where are their souls?

Are they in heaven but when they get defrosted the soul will come
    back? Is their soul trappe ...[text shortened]... uation of the person's body is
    finally solved?

Your thoughts on the matter are appreciated.
    I think the 'soul' goes where he/she wants. If the body can be reannimated in the future, the person will continue their life and their 'trip' will be instantaneous. If the body cant be reannimated then the soul will go through he normal processing procedure, again it will take no time at all from the perspaective of the soul. Only those subject to the second law of thermodynamics will be subject will experience 'time' .
    ..just a thought in progress here . So just treat it as a loose idea rather than anything set in stone.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 05:281 edit
    I always wondered about this stuff also. I always wonder about NDE's where people see the light(God)and then usually the light sends them back to there body. This kind of lends credence to the idea of our soul (Whatever label)being separate from our flesh.
    People say they can see there bodies on the operating table or what have you.
    Also what happens to all of the embryos created in labs ? If you believe that they are humans then they all have souls.

Manny
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 09:47
    Interesting, because it seems that we're all in that process of
    pondering these new questions.

It is amazing how herculean tasks are raised within theology due
    to scientific advances, sin't it?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 10:43
    Interesting, because it seems that we're all in that process of
    pondering these new questions.

It is amazing how herculean tasks are raised within theology due
    to scientific advances, sin't it?
    yes it is, for in the future, due to advancements in medical science the theologian shall need to make many conscience based decisions, for at present, there are blood fractions, some recombinant (entirely synthetic) others based on one of the four primary components of blood, science can create tissue, next step entire organs then there is the exciting world of nano technology. All these advancements shall challenge the human conscience as informed decisions shall need to be made.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 11:10
    Do you think these advances in science will entirely re-shape
    theology and its theoretical methods?

Maybe these massive changes can entirely re-define how and
    what we define as a person, don't you think?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 11:271 edit
    Do you think these advances in science will entirely re-shape
    theology and its theoretical methods?

Maybe these massive changes can entirely re-define how and
    what we define as a person, don't you think?
    mmm, not really Seitse but we can always live in hope!, for its method is (or should be), entirely conscience based. However in order for that to happen, the adherent must become knowledgeable about what is being done to/with his or her own body and the implications that has in the light (for christians) of Biblical truth. Thus it presents a few problems

1. Most Christians dont know what the Bible actually states and therefore have no knowledge to base their conscience upon. Even when they do, what weight do they assign to their religious convictions over the God of Science?

2. How are they to receive accurate knowledge of the scientific processes and fully assimilate it in order to make a conscience based decision, for what happens, with the exception of selective surgery, is that the process is initiated and its implications discussed, if at all, afterwards. You try getting info out of a consultant and even when you do, its not entirely sure if you will fully understand it or that it has been explained properly.

3. as medical science progresses, these decisions for the theologian may become more and more complex, for there are many processes that are not touched upon in scripture.

if it moves people to examine their beliefs or to learn about science or the philosophical arguments (the right of self determination for example) then it should be a good thing.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 02:39
    Hey, guys, by the way: this is not a debate at least on my part.
    I have no conclusions about this and I am really interested in
    reading all your opinions. I am truly in the search for ideas regarding
    in this stuff puzzling me right now.
    Great question but make sure and use common sence with one responce given here about the soul. As Robbie is showing from the Bible in black and white, it dies at death because it is the fleshly body we all have.
    One thing to think about is when the resurrection happens in the future here on earth and God were to put something that lived on and say went to heaven, why would he put that back in a human body? I'm sure if you follow those ideas that the soul lived on and maybe went to heaven, theyd be pretty mad to be sent back to earth and loose that life back up in heaven. Just a thought...
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 06:081 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Great question but make sure and use common sence with one responce given here about the soul. As Robbie is showing from the Bible in black and white, it dies at death because it is the fleshly body we all have.
    One thing to think about is when the resurrection happens in the future here on earth and God were to put something that lived on and say wen be pretty mad to be sent back to earth and loose that life back up in heaven. Just a thought...
    1. Most Christians dont know what the Bible actually states and therefore have no knowledge to base their conscience upon. Even when they do, what weight do they assign to their religious convictions over the God of Science?

Yes but some Christians do know their bible.

Manny
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 06:11
    One thing to think about is when the resurrection happens in the future here on earth and God were to put something that lived on and say wen ...[text shortened]... be pretty mad to be sent back to earth and loose that life back up in heaven. Just a thought...
    That made no sense

Manny
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 06:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh dont worry about it, i have yet to meet a nominal Christian who knows what he is talking about. You are no exception. Adam was not given a soul, he became a soul, after god infused the breath of life into him. Let me tell you in five minutes what it has taken you twenty years not to understand.

In the Bible, “soul” is translated from the Heb ...[text shortened]... , carries blood etc etc you have some explaining to do. On the cited scriptures if you please.
    Classic!
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 08:081 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    That made no sense

Manny
    To ones who think the soul lives on after death, it probably doesn't. I'll put it another way. If your soul lived on after death and went to hell to burn, how could it come back to be judged later to maybe a life back on earth after the resurrection as the Bible states? It doesn't make sence for God to put your soul in a burning place to suffer and then to take it back out and put it in a body on earth and then judge it to maybe send it back to Hell again?
    And as the Bible states death is the payment for sin. So if that is the case why does it still have to go to Hell to be punished?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 10:51
    One thing to think about is when the resurrection happens in the future here on earth and God were to put something that lived on and say wen ...[text shortened]... be pretty mad to be sent back to earth and loose that life back up in heaven. Just a thought...
    How does your peabrain human logic and dumb common sense (notice the spelling), fit in with the following words of Christ:

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Its says very clearly that a man can kill the body but NOT THE SOUL. It must mean that body and soul are distinct and separate, and that when a man's body dies the soul lives on and God can destroy the soul in hell if and when He desires.

As usual you continue to ignore the teachings of Christ.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 11:431 edit
    I was watching a documentary last night about a facility in Phoenix,
    Arizona, where like 70 persons are cryogenically frozen. Besides
    many other thoughts, questions and ideas I got about those persons,
    a question keeps coming back to me: where are their souls?

Are they in heaven but when they get defrosted the soul will come
    back? Is their soul trappe ...[text shortened]... uation of the person's body is
    finally solved?

Your thoughts on the matter are appreciated.
    retract statement
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 11:563 edits
    To ones who think the soul lives on after death, it probably doesn't. I'll put it another way. If your soul lived on after death and went to hell to burn, how could it come back to be judged later to maybe a life back on earth after the resurrection as the Bible states? It doesn't make sence for God to put your soul in a burning place to suffer and then ...[text shortened]... payment for sin. So if that is the case why does it still have to go to Hell to be punished?
    Matthew 10:28: “Do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.”

Regarding this text, The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (edited by C. Brown, 1978, Vol. 3, p. 304) states: “Matt. 10:28 teaches not the potential immortality of the soul but the irreversibility of divine judgment on the unrepentant.” Also, Bauer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament (revised by F. W. Gingrich and F. Danker, 1979, p. 95) gives the meaning “eternal death” with reference to the Greek phrase in Matthew 10:28 translated “destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.” Thus, being consigned to Gehenna refers to utter destruction from which no resurrection is possible.

see if your intellectual giant can assimilate this into his obviously narrow world view. Statements like this only reiterate what i have said, nominal 'christians', and i use the word with reservation dont know anything about the bible. Self evident truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree