1. Meddling with things
    Moves
    22 May '06 22:42
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I think this is a very interresting e-mail that I have received this morning and is only actually intended for Christians, but if you are not one, then still read it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

DR. JAMES KENNEDY AND OTHER AUTHORITIES WANT ALL CHRISTIANS TO KNOW THE TRUTH. I THOUGHT YOU ...[text shortened]... nd let's expose this lie for what it is because the hour is late and much later than we think.
    Hmm...???

So we're talking about a book that is found in the fiction section of any book shop and tops the fiction best seller list. Did you notice the word 'fiction' appear twice in that sentence. Its a clue. The guy made it up. Its not true. Equally, its not a lie, its not pretending to be true just to fool people. On the back of the book it clearly says 'fiction'.

So its not exposed as a lie. You're just to stupid to understand what the word fiction means. Sdaly the entire roman catholic church appears to share your stupidity. FFS
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    22 May '06 22:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    The implication is that the Bible is inaccuarate and flawed. Once you reach that conclusion you can take and leave what you want from the Bible. Once this happens you are free to create your own religious beliefs that run contrary to scripture. If it is an unreliable text then placing ones faith in it is counterintuitive. From a Christian perspective God ...[text shortened]... n and death then the Christian faith is in vain. Paul said something similiar in this regard.
    What a twit. Just for starters please answer two questions

When did Nero live?

When was the bible (as we recognise it) put together?

When you get the answer you'll spot you're schoolboy error.
  3. Meddling with things
    Moves
    22 May '06 22:46
    This is an interesting teaching and you are welcome to it. I prefer, howver, to subject myself to the teachings of the Bible that I deem to be the inspired word of God that contradict this teaching. As a mortal who has a fallen nature I am prone to skewed thinking and reasoning. I recognize this truth and am wary of it. This is why I need God's word. As ...[text shortened]... randure. By thinking this I would deceiving myself. By myself I am nothing and know nothing.
    Your posts confirm the last part of the last sentence
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '06 02:36
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    What a twit. Just for starters please answer two questions

When did Nero live?

When was the bible (as we recognise it) put together?

When you get the answer you'll spot you're schoolboy error.
    If you read my post once again I said that I beleived it was Nero but was not sure. It was actually Diocletion that I was thinking of who declared war on the Christian Bibles. Nero, however, seems to have faired just as well in persecuting the early church. Thanks so much for the history lesson.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '06 02:43
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Your posts confirm the last part of the last sentence
    Dude, what's your problem? Looking at your posts on this thread you seem very disrespectful. I think you will find treating people with a little respect may afford you some in return.
  6. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    23 May '06 03:21
    How about everybody in this thread just chills, and we go catch a movie or something...
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    23 May '06 03:22
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Sure: He was so "spiritually sensitive" and 'aware' that He taught others to rely on the word of God, not themselves. He taught that rejection of the gift of God (salvation) would posit the one so rejecting in the Lake of Fire. Was this the spirituality you were suggesting we should cultivate?
    What do you think it means to rely on the word of God? By 'word', do you mean merely what was written? If so, then I think you are construing Jesus incorrectly. I certainly think you are making a mistake if you think Jesus taught that failure to abide by the word of God would land you in an actual lake of fire. If he did teach this, then he ought not be taken seriously.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '06 03:23
    Originally posted by Churlant
    Some very good questions. The answers might be very uncomfortable, so you don't really attempt to answer them. You let faith wash them away. This is unfortunate.

-JC
    Faith is unfortunate? Faith is what gives me hope. Lack of faith is what is unfortunate. Without faith you have no hope. At least that has been my expereince. Without faith you will die for all eternity. This we can agree on. If we are then lost for all eternity, then all is vanity and nothing matters.
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    23 May '06 03:24
    This is an interesting teaching and you are welcome to it. I prefer, howver, to subject myself to the teachings of the Bible that I deem to be the inspired word of God that contradict this teaching. As a mortal who has a fallen nature I am prone to skewed thinking and reasoning. I recognize this truth and am wary of it. This is why I need God's word. As ...[text shortened]... randure. By thinking this I would deceiving myself. By myself I am nothing and know nothing.
    You have my sympathies. It must be hard laboring under the burden of a fallen nature.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '06 03:30
    Originally posted by Churlant
    Some very good questions. The answers might be very uncomfortable, so you don't really attempt to answer them. You let faith wash them away. This is unfortunate.

-JC
    I have no faith in any religion ... I am not a slave to obey what others are saying in the name of God ...
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 May '06 03:59
    Faith is unfortunate? Faith is what gives me hope. Lack of faith is what is unfortunate. Without faith you have no hope. At least that has been my expereince. Without faith you will die for all eternity. This we can agree on. If we are then lost for all eternity, then all is vanity and nothing matters.
    I feel sorry for you Whodey.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '06 05:02
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I feel sorry for you Whodey.
    Would you like a tissue?
  13. Meddling with things
    Moves
    23 May '06 07:10
    Dude, what's your problem? Looking at your posts on this thread you seem very disrespectful. I think you will find treating people with a little respect may afford you some in return.
    Look at your style in this debate and then see if you can work out why I've had a pop at you.
  14. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    23 May '06 07:16
    Some of you guys do write some nice posts. There is one or two I dont agree with though.

I am one of those people who go out to the movies and watch a movie or two once a week. I love fiction, action, love stories etc etc etc. But there is a fine line to where it comes to by using Jesus Christ name and mocking Him in movies, and the Da Vinci Code is one of the movies that I fortunately will never ever see. My personal opinion is that not one Christian should go and see the movie if he/she loves Jesus Christ.

At the end of the day it is your choice whether you want to go and see it or not, if you do, watch it on the big screen, its always better on the big screen.
  15. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    23 May '06 07:18
    I wish I could rec this post.

Could someone be so kind to do it for me?

Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree