1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 May '06 10:32
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Just because the things that happened, did not happen in your time, doesnt mean that it didn't happen.

That's not the reasoning he's using.

Have you ever met your great great great great grandfather? Have you seen him? Is there any prove of his existance? Uhm, I dont think so.

Yes there's evidence. Pretty compelling evidence ctually. The fact that you are alive and that history easily dates back to beyond his lifespan, pretty much determines that he did exist.

I dont understand how people can not believe in God, as God is in everything you can see. Except if you dont want to see Him.

I don't understand how people can believe in god, as god isn't in anything I can see. I imagine you just want to see him, so you do.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 May '06 12:30
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I think this is a very interresting e-mail that I have received this morning and is only actually intended for Christians, but if you are not one, then still read it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

DR. JAMES KENNEDY AND OTHER AUTHORITIES WANT ALL CHRISTIANS TO KNOW THE TRUTH. I THOUGHT YOU ...[text shortened]... nd let's expose this lie for what it is because the hour is late and much later than we think.
    A few words about Dr. James Kennedy. His whole life and thought are about "the day of battle." He thinks the US should be a theocracy. He wants abortion outlawed, prayer in schools, no rights for gays. When listeing to him one cannot distinguish the difference between the most radical elements of the Republican party and what he says.

When I was in seminary, a student asked our professor what he thought of James Kennedy's theology. He said that he had never heard of him but would commit to researching him and reading his books over the weekend. He returned the next week and announced why he had never heard of him: "I found out that he has no theology." On with the lecture.
  3. Joined
    19 May '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 12:52
    Originally posted by Rochade
    Christian problems so far (just to name a few):

Mass Murder like in the crusades

Mass murder to gain estates like thru witch processes

The decade long withholding of knowledge as the church had the monopol on books and knowledge.

The high Aids infection rate because Braini in Rom says no to latex.

Want some more ?

So christians do caus ...[text shortened]... lways fighting for the title.

Please start flaming at me as surely going to hell right away.
    Really, that sounds interesting. do tell me more about it.😛
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '06 13:23
    Originally posted by alexander bell
    Really, that sounds interesting. do tell me more about it.😛
    Really good counterarguments.

1:0 for the Sons of Satan
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 May '06 13:27
    Really good counterarguments.

1:0 for the Sons of Satan
    Most of your statements are laughably unsubstantiated and selective in their representation. I'd say that's strike-one for rash clutching at straws.

-1:0 for the Sons of Satan.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '06 13:34
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Most of your statements are laughably unsubstantiated and selective in their representation. I'd say that's strike-one for rash clutching at straws.

-1:0 for the Sons of Satan.
    So you are talking about a religious topic and substance in one topic ?

Are you for real ?

I´d would say that Christians know about strikes, don´t they ?
    And now put away the whip and stop beating yourself into another se/\ual climax, won´t you ?
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 May '06 13:401 edit
    Christian problems so far (just to name a few):

The decade long withholding of knowledge as the church had the monopol on books and knowledge.

Want some more ?

So christians do caus ...[text shortened]... lways fighting for the title.

Please start flaming at me as surely going to hell right away.

Person/people, time, place and proof?

Ditto.

Lol. Decade? That's a rather long time to withhold knowledge. It must have crippled all of civilization. Imagine where we could have been by now. We could have sent you to the moon -- to repopulate it by yourself.

Only those under the authority of the "Braini in Rom" would need to listen, but then they should also adhere to the other directive which emphasises faithfulness within marriage and abstainance outside of it. No problem here.
  8. London
    Moves
    19 May '06 13:49
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    He wants abortion outlawed, prayer in schools, no rights for gays.
    1. So? Everyone in the pro-life movement wants abortion outlawed.

2. Does he say prayer should be mandatory?

3. Does he intend to suspend the Bill of Rights for gays?
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 May '06 13:501 edit
    So you are talking about a religious topic and substance in one topic ?

Are you for real ?

I´d would say that Christians know about strikes, don´t they ?
    And now put away the whip and stop beating yourself into another se/\ual climax, won´t you ?
    Yes, ladies and gentlemen -- here is finally a man who can lick his own nards -- and in public I might add.

As I can see, if you want to enjoy anything, don't let logic, reason or meaning get in the way.

Edit: I hope the barb was suitable enough for your perverted sense of humour.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 May '06 13:52
    Only those under the authority of the "Braini in Rom" would need to listen, but then they should also adhere to the other directive which emphasises faithfulness within marriage and abstainance outside of it. No problem here.
    Whatever the philosophy behind it, the no-condom message preached by the Catholic Church and other Christians is directly responsible for a large proportion of the AIDS epidemic. This is undeniable fact.
  11. London
    Moves
    19 May '06 13:59
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Whatever the philosophy behind it, the no-condom message preached by the Catholic Church and other Christians is directly responsible for a large proportion of the AIDS epidemic. This is undeniable fact.
    Where did you get your "undeniable fact" from? What is the proportion of Catholics in Africa? What is the proportion of faithful Catholics in the HIV+ population? What proportion of them were infected directly as a consequence of adhering to Church teaching on condoms?

Don't just state popular opinion and call it "undeniable fact".
  12. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 May '06 14:01
    If it wasn't combined with an abstainance message (which you seem woefully unknowledgable about) then I might agree with you.

"Don't use a condom" doesn't mean "go hit the sack".
  13. Joined
    24 Mar '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 14:052 edits
    If it wasn't combined with an abstainance message (which you seem woefully unknowledgable about) then I might agree with you.

"Don't use a condom" doesn't mean "go hit the sack".
    retracted
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 May '06 15:03
    You can't be serious. RCC should have compromised its stand (right or wrong) on one front to acquiese to another? That's not even laughable.

Last time I checked, AIDS is overwhelmingly spread via sexual contact, not non-use of condoms. Maybe things have changed since then, but I doubt it.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 May '06 18:54
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    1. So? Everyone in the pro-life movement wants abortion outlawed.

2. Does he say prayer should be mandatory?

3. Does he intend to suspend the Bill of Rights for gays?
    Yes, godless homosexuals have no rights under our constitution. They are an abomination.

He does not support public education therefore children should go to religious schools where indeed prayer is mandatory.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree