1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 22:09
    We all killed Jesus.
    Jews, Romans, we all are really the killers of Jesus.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 22:14
    Originally posted by @sonship
    We all killed Jesus.
    Yes, because He died for our sins and no one is without sin
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 23:30
    If annihilationism were correct and people who chose to reject Christ simply ceased to exist upon physical death, why would God come to earth in bodily form and suffer torture and crucifixion to save His creation?

I am going to start a thread taking up Christ's death.
    My point will be to try to explain that it was more than a mere human martyrdom.
    Again ? Do you feel ignored?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 01:36
    I''ll tell you what. You're certainly a reasonably happy go lucky dude. And I wish you a super creative life. But you're wrong about Jesus. And you never presented anything better than Jesus as far as the scores archived thread pages I can see.
    Thanks. But you're mistaken if you think I have to be in competition with you in some way. There is no onus on me to present you with a set of superstitions with which you replace your current ones.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 01:42
    But you know I have to believe that the Bible doesn't lie. The wicked are like the waves tossed about in the sea. There is no peace for the wicked.
    This is the question. Is it a healthy thing for you ~ psychologically, intellectually, interpersonally ~ to be on a message board - where there are people with all manner of beliefs - and you are calling some of them "wicked" for having different religious beliefs? It seems an odd bit of interpersonal dysfunction that you are driven to engage in. You play chess here, and... you denounce people as "wicked". Do you ever think it's odd?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 01:52
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Your post prompted me to recall a thought I had the other day about why an eternity in hell for those who reject Christ - instead of annihilationism - may well be correct.

If annihilationism were correct and people who chose to reject Christ simply ceased to exist upon physical death, why would God come to earth in bodily form and suffer torture and c ...[text shortened]... nipotent God subject Himself to torture and one of the most, if not the most, painful of deaths?
    Simple. To bring those humans to him, and so that no sheep may be lost. This is what good shepherds do.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 02:00
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Simple. To bring those humans to him, and so that no sheep may be lost. This is what good shepherds do.
    That’s a great answer.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 02:001 edit
    Originally posted by @FMF
    FMF: But if it is something that is merely fending off the supposed "darkness and emptiness in the heart" without which one feels one cannot "know what one's human life is", is it such a healthy thing after all?
    "Merely fending off" is your presupposition.
    knowing God has that by-product, yes.
    But that is not the end all and be all of being a Christian.
    Healthier aspects to being in fellowship with God. That does not make the "fending off emptiness and darkness" unhealthy. It just makes it not necessarily the most important thing.

The point is this. I have never used this message board to talk about stuff like the "emptiness and darkness" in your heart or claim that you cannot "know what your human life is". And yet your reaction to something I said - something true - to another poster is for you to say such things to me.

Two things come to mind: the reason you are saying it is because you think your belief in Jesus gives you licence to denounce other human beings at a core level - about another's "heart", their lives, and about their basic human attributes. Remember, although we may have debated the coherence of your ideology etc., I have never said anything even remotely as visceral and as bitterly personalized as this to you in 10+ years.

The second is the rather obvious point that the way you behave - and saying things like what's quoted in the OP specifically - suggests that all that stands between you and the "darkness and emptiness in the heart" [that you seek to project onto me] and you losing the ability to "know what human life is" [like what you seek to project onto me] is your religion.

One or the other, or both, whichever one dices it, this hardly seems healthy. Do you think it is?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 03:31
    I'm here and you will not listen , so you just spew words . A hypocrite you are . Your move btw I'm a wolf
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 03:33
    That’s a great answer.
    Why?
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 08:56
    We all killed Jesus.
    Actually, I wasn't around at the time.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 10:15
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Why?
    Do you really care?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 10:16
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I'm here and you will not listen , so you just spew words . A hypocrite you are . Your move btw I'm a wolf
    Good luck going against the Shepherd. You’ve got enough trouble keeping your Head Troll candidacy on track.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 10:48
    What about wolves like me?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 10:50
    Do you really care?
    Yes and no. I see you as a time waster yet I foolishly try to meet you halfway

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree