1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 22:45
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    This is what i am saying: Everyones life is ticking down to death, and after death they will have to take birth again in this world of suffering, and do it all again.........and what are people doing?

Their worshiping sports, or women, or money, and they are doing nothing for their spiritual advancement, this worship of mundane things is illusionary ...[text shortened]... birth, and just chase sense enjoyment, which even the hogs, dogs, camels and asses can achieve.
    I dont know if a lot of people are worshipping sports in the same way that muslims worship Allah, doyou?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 22:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont know if a lot of people are worshipping sports in the same way that muslims worship Allah, doyou?
    it may be you have never been to Glasgow my friend where football really is a religion.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 22:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it may be you have never been to Glasgow my friend where football really is a religion.
    Aye,aye...still they might give out a bit of biff but I doubt even they are stupid enough to die for their "religon"
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 22:57
    Aye,aye...still they might give out a bit of biff but I doubt even they are stupid enough to die for their "religon"
    Celtic and Rangers are the two biggest teams in Scotland, and the Old Firm rivalry is one of the most heated football rivalries in the world. The Old Firm rivalry is largely motivated by religious sectarianism, and is related to the conflict between Loyalists and Republicans in Northern Ireland.

how many persons do you think have been killed or died as a result of their zeal for their football team, check it out makes for real interesting reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 23:58
    Celtic and Rangers are the two biggest teams in Scotland, and the Old Firm rivalry is one of the most heated football rivalries in the world. The Old Firm rivalry is largely motivated by religious sectarianism, and is related to the conflict between Loyalists and Republicans in Northern Ireland.

how many persons do you think have been killed or di ...[text shortened]... t out makes for real interesting reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism
    so it is related to religon. Its not just the football.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 00:01
    so it is related to religon. Its not just the football.
    big time.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 00:13
    praise be to the god who stands back and lets people kill each other over who's more wrong about him than the other as opposed to just stepping in and settling it once and for all 🙄
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 00:34
    Originally posted by Agerg
    praise be to the god who stands back and lets people kill each other over who's more wrong about him than the other as opposed to just stepping in and settling it once and for all 🙄
    they are responsible for their own actions, blaming God because he has given everyone the facet of free will to act within the dictates of their own consciences is hardly just, logical nor reasonable, the Gods of Atheism pour scorn on you Agers! Would you have that he made us mindless drones?
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 00:381 edit
    they are responsible for their own actions, blaming God because he has given everyone the facet of free will to act within the dictates of their own consciences is hardly just, logical nor reasonable, the Gods of Atheism pour scorn on you Agers! Would you have that he made us mindless drones?
    Such a binary ultimatum you impose! Either free will and fighting, or a resolution to the question of which god is best and living like drones!

I really don't see your justification for that positon :]
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 00:52
    Worship of substitute religion, will not end the cycle of birth and death, because substitute religion doesn't raise the consciousness to the required platform for returning to the spiritual world.

If people are accepting error in the place of truth, then they will not be successful in returning back to Godhead, because to return home to Godhead, one must have correct knowledge and understanding of the Lord.

If one doesn't have correct understanding, their so called love will be only cheap sentimentalism, and ineffective .
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 09:20
    This age is the last age, (4 ages in one cycle) and theres thousands of cycles, where everyone is becoming less and less interested in their spiritual welfare........and reincarnation is always offering persons the opportunity to inquire and engage in the spiritual life, which will end their re-incarnation cycle.

When the cycle begins again, and we fin ...[text shortened]... ge.

Who is going to live a spiritual life, if they dont know that they are spirit. (no one)
    So reincarnation is (over the 4 cycles) at best a zero sum gain, it's just that we saps are unfortunately living in the 4th and worst cycle - is that what you are saying? Seems like a little convenient clause to support your theory of reincarnation and how great it is.

Society it deteriorating, I would agree with you on that, but you have still not explained why reincarnation cannot prevent it [over the 4 cycles] nor indeed what the cause of the decline is i.e. why isn't the natural result of reincarnation to improve things? Why does society continue to decay?

What you propose is the worst of all options; a 'works' based religious framework where you get slung back into the melee, into a worse cycle of decay and possibly not even as a human being!

Where is the hope for people in that nonsense?
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 09:382 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So reincarnation is (over the 4 cycles) at best a zero sum gain, it's just that we saps are unfortunately living in the 4th and worst cycle - is that what you are saying? Seems like a little convenient clause to support your theory of reincarnation and how great it is.

Society it deteriorating, I would agree with you on that, but you have still not y and possibly not even as a human being!

Where is the hope for people in that nonsense?
    You have been living for eternity in this material creation, in every cycle, but because you have not taken to the spiritual life of devotion to God, you keep coming back, time and time again.

And now you find yourself in this age, but it doesn,t matter what age it is, because now you have been presented with the solution to end the cycle of birth and death.

So now that you know that you can take to the spiritual life and end all this birth and death, will you do it....its up to you.

And the society continues to decay, because the people are not choosing the spiritual living, but choosing the materialistic life. ( they are creating their own conditions )

I am doing it (the spiritual life)...... and I know lots of people who are also doing it, (doesn,t matter what the age is)
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 09:531 edit
    You have been living for eternity in this material creation, in every cycle, but because you have not taken to the spiritual life of devotion to God, you keep coming back, time and time again.

And now you find yourself in this age, but it doesn,t matter what age it is, because now you have been presented with the solution to end the cycle of birth and ...[text shortened]... ing it...... and I know lots of people who are also doing it, (doesn,t matter what the age is)
    "because now you have been presented with the solution to end the cycle of birth and death"

No I haven't, I'm just have a quick chat with someone who chooses to believe that vegetables have souls and get reincarnated.

You are still here! So what's be your problem over the millions of reincarnation then? How is it possible for you to go in one reincarnation, from choosing the materialistic life which you so vehemently despise and condemn, to next life rocking up here and telling us all what worthless dolts we are?

You seem to be full of self-righteousness to me Vishva, a cloud without rain preaching words with no life and a vacuous theology, which is really no theology at all, as it is self dependent; you condemn what I would call the sinful nature but offer no deliverance from it.

You were brought up (or had contact with) Christians and the Gospel of Jesus Christ at some point in your life - perhaps you should consider what you were taught by those who loved you and stop chasing this empty fantasy.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 10:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]"because now you have been presented with the solution to end the cycle of birth and death"

No I haven't, I'm just have a quick chat with someone who chooses to believe that vegetables have souls and get reincarnated.

You are still here! So what's be your problem over the millions of reincarnation then? How is it possible for you to go in o ...[text shortened]... d consider what you were taught by those who loved you and stop chasing this empty fantasy.[/b]
    The vegetables are growing, for something to grow there must be the presence of the soul.

The soul doesn't become the vegetable, it is within the vegetable as the living force, and when the plant dies the soul takes another birth, then another, until it gets the human form of life......and when it has the human form it can question its own existence, and then decide to take to the spiritual life, and go back home to God head.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 10:34
    The vegetables are growing, for something to grow there must be the presence of the soul.
    Oh, there has to be more than a soul present, don't you think? Unless water *is* sould.

My vegs die sometimes, when I grow them. Does this mean they lack a soul?

When I eat a carrot from my garden, am I then a murdere?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree