1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 12:04
    I think, and this is just my opnion I'm looking forward to hearing yours- that the main difference between Muslims and Christians is that Christians are tought to love their neighbour. Which is a comandment in the here and now, whereas Muslims believe "La aysha illa ayshal aakhirah", meaning there is no real life besides that of the hereafter.
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 13:12
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I think, and this is just my opnion I'm looking forward to hearing yours- that the main difference between Muslims and Christians is that Christians are tought to love their neighbour. Which is a comandment in the here and now, whereas Muslims believe "La aysha illa ayshal aakhirah", meaning there is no real life besides that of the hereafter.
    the difference is that muslims believe Christ to be a prophet, while Christians believe him to be the begotten son of God and the Messiah.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 13:132 edits
    If "the main difference between Muslims and Christians is that Christians are tought to love their neighbour", then why are they not doing just that?
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 13:16
    Originally posted by duecer
    the difference is that muslims believe Christ to be a prophet, while Christians believe him to be the begotten son of God and the Messiah.
    Yes you're right, that too. Straight to the point, as always 🙂
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 14:352 edits
    After reading these Hadith:

Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 73:
    http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/073.sbt.html

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 43:
    Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet said "Gabriel continued to recommend me about treating the neighbors Kindly and politely so much so that I thought he would order me to make them as my heirs.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 45:
    Narrated Abu Shuraih:

The Prophet said, "By Allah, he does not believe! By Allah, he does not believe! By Allah, he does not believe!" It was said, "Who is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "That person whose neighbor does not feel safe from his evil."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 47:
    Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should not harm his neighbor, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should entertain his guest generously and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet. (i.e. abstain from all kinds of evil and dirty talk).

I don't think it is really a difference!!!!
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 14:592 edits
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    "By Allah, he does not believe! By Allah, he does not believe! By Allah, he does not believe!" It was said, "Who is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He said,"That person whose neighbor does not feel safe from his evil."
    Dose this bit make sense?! I can't work out what the message is here!

I think it's completely different, one is working for the here and now and the other is thinking about this life being nothing.
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 20:57
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If "the main difference between Muslims and Christians is that Christians are tought to love their neighbour", then why are they not doing just that?
    Christians are not perfect, but I haven't seen any Christians cutting the heads off of people who don't share their faith recently; I don't know of any Christian group that flew airplanes into buildings to express their disgust of others' religions. And I didn't see any articles last week that indicated a Christian wandered into a marketplace and set off a homocide bomb to martyr himself. No, Christians aren't perfect, but evidence shows me they are a good bit more tolerant than Muslims.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree