1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 21:182 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Then why do those scriptures and Jesus himself not simply just say "he is God Almighty" instead of the word "manifest"?

You are so determind to have things mean the trinity in your mind even though they are not saying it at all.

I'll try again. Is Jesus not called the "spokesman of God" and referred to as an "ambassodor" of God?
    What does this ...[text shortened]... ho he is representing.

Remember he is called an ambassador of God, never God almighty!!!!!!!
    His humanity is being emphasized because He is to give His life to save the world. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so whoever believes on Him should have everlasting life.

For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

(John 5:21-24 NKJV)

All should honor the Son JUST as they honor the Father.

JUST means the SAME.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 21:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    His humanity is being emphasized because He is to give His life to save the world. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so whoever believes on Him should have everlasting life.

[b]For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all j ...[text shortened]... NKJV)

All should honor the Son [b]JUST
    as they honor the Father.

JUST means the SAME.[/b]
    Lol...no it doesn't.

Why did he give his son to die and suffer and not the holy spirit? Why the one who is called a son which would seem harder to do from a humans standpoint with the hurt involved, and yes this did hurt Jehoivah when his son died, and not tell the holy spirit to go do this? The holy spirit is never called a son or brother or anything of the sort.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 21:41

[b]For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all j ...[text shortened]... NKJV)

All should honor the Son [b]JUST
    as they honor the Father.

JUST means the SAME.[/b]
    Lol. So you think the son Jesus cannot be given the honor he earned and not be a "son" as the Bible so CLEARLY describes him, but has to be only God Almighty to recieve honor? Really?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 22:03
    Lol. So you think the son Jesus cannot be given the honor he earned and not be a "son" as the Bible so CLEARLY describes him, but has to be only God Almighty to recieve honor? Really?
    He says He is the Almighty in His Revelation given to John.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw. ...

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

(Revelation 1:1-2, 8 NKJV)
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 02:44
    He says He is the Almighty in His Revelation given to John.

[b]The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw. ...

“I am the Al ...[text shortened]... e Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

(Revelation 1:1-2, 8 NKJV)[/b]
    Not speaking of Jesus but his Father Jehovah. Confused on this aren't you?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 04:36
    Not speaking of Jesus but his Father Jehovah. Confused on this aren't you?
    We must use a little reason and logic and put a few verses together here to determine who is speaking to John. When the disciples refer to the Lord, they refer to the Lord Jesus. So it is easy to see that the one speaking in the following verse is Jesus:

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

(Revelation 1:8 NKJV)

Notice that Jesus identifies Himself also as the Alpha and Omega and the one who was (dead) and is to come again, the Almighty. This can be verified in the following verses in which John says the following:

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band...

(Revelation 1:10-13 NKJV)

The Lord's day is a term the early Christians used for the Day of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord's Day is still used by many Christians today for the first day of the week used for worship services.

Notice that the one speakings says He is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last and to write a book to be sent to seven Churches, and the one speaking looKed like the Son of Man to John. That is a title that Jesus gave to Himself and used it many time when referring to Himself. Then John says the following:

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.

(Revelation 1:17-19 NKJV)

Again the one speaking says He is the First and the Last and that He was dead and now lives and also has the keys of Hades and Death. This can be none other than our Lord Jesus Christ.

So it should be easy to conclude that this one who is like the Son of Man that says he is the Alpha and the Omega and the First and the Last is the same Lord that says He is the Alpha and the Omega and the almighty in verse 8.

Toward the end of the Book of Revelation the Lord Jesus is recorded to have said the following:

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

(Revelation 22:12-13 NKJV)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree