1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 02:44
    Scriptures to consider:

Matt. 20:20-23, RS: “The mother of the sons of Zebedee . . . said to him [Jesus], ‘Command that these two sons of mine may sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your kingdom.’ But Jesus answered, . . . ‘You will drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.’” (How strange, if, as claimed, Jesus is God! Was Jesus here merely answering according to his “human nature”? If, as Trinitarians say, Jesus was truly “God-man”—both God and man, not one or the other—would it truly be consistent to resort to such an explanation? Does not Matthew 20:23 rather show that the Son is not equal to the Father, that the Father has reserved some prerogatives for himself?)
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 02:45
    John 14:28, RS: “[Jesus said:] If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.”
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 02:45
    1 Cor. 11:3, RS: “I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.” (Clearly, then, Christ is not God, and God is of superior rank to Christ. It should be noted that this was written about 55 C.E., some 22 years after Jesus returned to heaven. So the truth here stated applies to the relationship between God and Christ in heaven.)
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 02:46
    1 Cor. 15:27, 28 RS: “‘God has put all things in subjection under his [Jesus’] feet.’ But when it says, ‘All things are put in subjection under him,’ it is plain that he is excepted who put all things under him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things under him, that God may be everything to every one.”
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 02:47
    Mark 13:32, RS: “Of that day or that hour no ones knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Of course, that would not be the case if Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were coequal, comprising one Godhead. And if, as some suggest, the Son was limited by his human nature from knowing, the question remains, Why did the Holy Spirit not know?)
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 03:05
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Mark 13:32, RS: “Of that day or that hour no ones knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Of course, that would not be the case if Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were coequal, comprising one Godhead. And if, as some suggest, the Son was limited by his human nature from knowing, the question remains, Why did the Holy Spirit not know?)
    And that is the mystery of God, the Trinity. How is it possible to be undivided, a trinity as One, yet each being so specific as to set the Father above all else! Not all things are revealed in the bible. But it is enough for us to ponder upon.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 04:39
    Scriptures to consider:

Matt. 20:20-23, RS: “The mother of the sons of Zebedee . . . said to him [Jesus], ‘Command that these two sons of mine may sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your kingdom.’ But Jesus answered, . . . ‘You will drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for ...[text shortened]... the Son is not equal to the Father, that the Father has reserved some prerogatives for himself?)
    Dad was in charge of seating arrangements. They drew straws.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 04:40
    John 14:28, RS: “[Jesus said:] If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.”
    Greater in age. He didn't have Jesus until he was 30.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 04:40
    1 Cor. 11:3, RS: “I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.” (Clearly, then, Christ is not God, and God is of superior rank to Christ. It should be noted that this was written about 55 C.E., some 22 years after Jesus returned to heaven. So the truth here stated applies to the relationship between God and Christ in heaven.)
    This was to set a good example for the kiddies. Gotta obey Dad.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 04:43
    1 Cor. 15:27, 28 RS: “‘God has put all things in subjection under his [Jesus’] feet.’ But when it says, ‘All things are put in subjection under him,’ it is plain that he is excepted who put all things under him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things under him, that God may be everything to every one.”
    Well, they hadn't done it yet, so they played the roles they were expected to play. Classical Father > Son > everything else structure.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 04:43
    They drew straws again. (The Holy Spirit is terribly unlucky with the straws.)
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 05:02
    As an impartial atheist I've got to agree with you.
    That Trinity nonsense is ridiculous.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 05:29
    Scriptures to consider:

Matt. 20:20-23, RS: “The mother of the sons of Zebedee . . . said to him [Jesus], ‘Command that these two sons of mine may sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your kingdom.’ But Jesus answered, . . . ‘You will drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for ...[text shortened]... the Son is not equal to the Father, that the Father has reserved some prerogatives for himself?)
    The mother was expecting Jesus to set up His human kingdom on earth at that time.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 05:32
    The Holy Spirit was not given at that time.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 05:37
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    As an impartial atheist I've got to agree with you.
    That Trinity nonsense is ridiculous.
    1 Timothy 3:16

New King James Version (NKJV)

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
    Justified in the Spirit,
    Seen by angels,
    Preached among the Gentiles,
    Believed on in the world,
    Received up in glory.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree