The end of the world.

The end of the world.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
11 Jan 12

Originally posted by Nicksten
Look your iPhone sucks. Get a Samsung Galaxy - any thing that has a linux platform is always better.
I do not have an iPhone. It's your attitude that sucks. Why don't you get off your ass and starting effecting positive change in the world, instead of whining like a loser and hoping you get raptured up out of the mess by some invisible sky fairy.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
11 Jan 12

Originally posted by LemonJello
No, he has just given up. And he is too self-loathing and ashamed of humanity. He would rather the magical sky fairy come to his rescue and extract him from his surroundings on earth.
bla bla bla bla bla - Kids!

Moves
11 Jan 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
Boy .. you must live in a really bad place. Life in this part of the world is just great.
I think he just reads the tabloids, and has selection bias.
And then gets this reinforced by his preacher doing exactly the same thing.

The trouble is without rational thinking and analysis to sort information and put it in context,
and weed out selection biases and such, you really are left all at sea and not knowing what to think.

We are nowadays bombarded with information from all kinds of sources most of it unreliable or distorted or out of
context. And media outlets tend to report bad things as news over good things (which is reasonable and to be
expected, but it does remove the context) so most of the inaccurate and distorted information appears to be bad.

Couple this with irrational beliefs that things like homosexuality are both bad and increasing, which is doubly wrong
because not only is it not bad, but it isn't increasing, just getting more noticeable as people don't have to hide it as
much so as to avoid homophobic persecution.

The world is a very big place, with an awfully large number of people on it, which means that any natural 'disaster'
anywhere is liable to hit a populated area, and even though the proportion of crime and disorder, and even of war,
is lower than at almost any time in history, the sheer number of people means that some of it is always going on
somewhere and the media will report such things from anywhere to everywhere.

However, despite there being real problems that the world does have to face, the world is far from falling apart at
the seems.
There is no more reason to think the apocalypses is any time soon, and even if it were, it would have nothing to do
with the inane ramblings of an ancient book of fairy tales.

L

Moves
11 Jan 12

bla bla bla bla bla - Kids!
The homosexuals are multiplying and they are out to get you, Nick!!! Get your kids indoors!!!

Moves
11 Jan 12

Actually the worst time in the recent history of mankind is the period spanning the two world wars. These last 20 years has been tame by comparison.
indeed, and even if you are just looking at life inside America the great depression was far worse than this 'great recession'.

This isn't to say that the recession doesn't suck huge hairy monkey balls...
But it just isn't the worst time America has experienced in the last century, let alone over it's entire history.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
11 Jan 12

I do not have an iPhone. It's your attitude that sucks. Why don't you get off your ass and starting effecting positive change in the world, instead of whining like a loser and hoping you get raptured up out of the mess by some invisible sky fairy.
Oh so my attitude sucks for asking a question on how someone would react "if" the rapture took place? Man you must have a couple of screws loose in your brain. You've started insulting me first and now you come up with this load of crap - grow up kid!

L

Moves
11 Jan 12

Oh so my attitude sucks for asking a question on how someone would react "if" the rapture took place? Man you must have a couple of screws loose in your brain. You've started insulting me first and now you come up with this load of crap - grow up kid!
No, your attitude sucks for other reasons, which are apparent in the opening post for anyone to read.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
11 Jan 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
I think he just reads the tabloids, and has selection bias.
And then gets this reinforced by his preacher doing exactly the same thing.

The trouble is without rational thinking and analysis to sort information and put it in context,
and weed out selection biases and such, you really are left all at sea and not knowing what to think.

We are nowad ...[text shortened]... e, it would have nothing to do
with the inane ramblings of an ancient book of fairy tales.
Thanks googlefudge.

If you meant me, no, I have a samsung galaxy and an iPad. Will gladly exchange the iPad for a tabloid.

Anyway, yes the world could not see the end soon, and could even take hundreds of years or not. And the thing to remember is that the rapture is Biblical thus how could the apocalypse not be from the "fairy tale book".

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
11 Jan 12

No, your attitude sucks for other reasons, which are apparent in the opening post for anyone to read.
LOL - jip - only for kids like you 😉
And so Kid, what was my apparent attitude according to you in my openings post?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jan 12

Do you believe a 3rd world war is possible?
No way no how. The world has learnt its lesson.

I do believe that Christ will return and there will be trouble in the Mid-East. But the USA will not start a war with anyone. They have their hands full with Islamic terrorists and other internal issues.

Neither any European country. Neither any South American country. Neither any country in the former USSR. Maybe China might.

L

Moves
11 Jan 12
1 edit

LOL - jip - only for kids like you 😉
And so Kid, what was my apparent attitude according to you in my openings post?
Don't worry. Your self-loathing and humanity-degrading attitude will pass, like all things that suck, once the invisible sky fairy comes with his magical spaceship and transports you off to the land of unending happiness. For heaven's sake, do not try to do anything positive with your energies. Just sit on your ass, bitch about the world, keep a watchful eye out for those crazy flesh-eating homosexuals, and wait for the magical rapture.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
11 Jan 12

No way no how. The world has learnt its lesson.

I do believe that Christ will return and there will be trouble in the Mid-East. But the USA will not start a war with anyone. They have their hands full with Islamic terrorists and other internal issues.

Neither any European country. Neither any South American country. Neither any country in the former USSR. Maybe China might.
It is quite hard to believe that a third world war is possible, I think it will be Russia that will start it.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
11 Jan 12

Don't worry. Your self-loathing and humanity-degrading attitude will pass, like all things that suck, once the invisible sky fairy comes with his magical spaceship and transports you off to the land of unending happiness. For heaven's sake, do not try to do anything positive with your energies. Just sit on your ass, bitch about the world, keep a watchful eye out for those crazy flesh-eating homosexuals, and wait for the magical rapture.
Your reply yet again is childlike.
And not even to mention that there was nothing insulting in my openings post also just shows your attitude as that of a child. Come on LemonJello, what was my attitude in the openings post? Proof your intellect is not that of a baboon?

Moves
11 Jan 12
3 edits

Well if imagined correctly, millions of people would have vanished and surely the news would be full of this. This does proof the rapture has taken place, thus this must cross your mind wouldn't it?
"This does proof the rapture has taken place, thus this must cross your mind wouldn't it?"

I don't know if English is your first language or not, but you are making the same linguistic mistakes repeatedly and it
often makes your posts hard to understand and/or your meaning unclear.

No insult intended, particularly if English isn't your first language, but I am going to start correcting your English, because
I feel there would be much better mutual understanding if your English comprehension was improved. (I am assuming
given nothing else to go on that your reading ability is equivalent to your writing ability.)
There is plenty of bad grammar and sentence structure in use on this site (some of it mine), but you regularly cause me
the most trouble in actually comprehending what it is that you are saying.

I would like to debate against what you actually mean rather than what I think you mean.

I had originally put it down to over hurried posting but your mistakes have too much of a paten to them to be the random
mistakes of hurried typing.

In this instance you used the word proof instead of the word prove "This does proof the..."
Proof is something that demonstrates something is true, "I have the proof that...."
Prove is the process of demonstrates something is true, "I am going to prove that..."

Proof is thus what you have that allows you to prove something as true.

In this case, the proof would be all the people suddenly vanishing, and this would prove that the rapture was taking place.
(I would actually disagree as it could be things other than the biblical Armageddon, like mass alien abductions for instance)

Also it should be "This would prove that..." rather than "This does prove..." As you are talking about a hypothetical future event. [Therefore] you are in
the future tense and thus should say it "would" rather than it "does". Does being present tense.

Similarly you use the word has "...rapture has taken..." where it should be "...had taken..." if past tense, or "...was taking..." for present tense.
I don't know witch to use in this instance because I don't know how long the rapture is supposed to take or what it involves.

However if at the time you were talking about the rapture had finished it should read "...had taken..." and if the rapture was still ongoing
then it should read "...was taking...".

The second half of your sentence "...thus this must cross your mind wouldn't it?" is a bit of a mess and it's less clear what to do about it
as your meaning is less decipherable and so I am going to have to guess more.

I am going to assume that what you were trying to say is that given the proof mentioned in the first half of the sentence that it must cross a
persons mind that the rapture had (or was taking) place and that Christianity might actually be true, followed by a question as to whether the
person you are talking to agrees with this.

Given that I would rewrite the sentence like this...

"...thus it surely must cross your mind that Christianity might be right... wouldn't it?"

So the corrected sentence should read more like this. (assuming the rapture was an instant thing that was over)

"This would prove that the rapture had taken place, thus it surely must cross your mind that Christianity might be right... Wouldn't it?"

Or like this if the rapture was still taking place and was present tense....

"This would prove that the rapture was taking place, thus it surely must cross your mind that Christianity might be right... Wouldn't it?"

EDIT: [some edits for clarity in brackets]
You just posted this "It is quite hard to believe that a third world war is possible, I think it will be Russia that will start it."

In which you state that it's hard to believe that WW3 is possible and that Russia will start it....

I think you meant that it's quite easy to believe that WW3 is possible and that Russia will start it.

This kind of linguistic confusion is rife in your posts, which is I suspect, a cause of a lot of people's derision towards your posting.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
11 Jan 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
[b]"This does proof the rapture has taken place, thus this must cross your mind wouldn't it?"

I don't know if English is your first language or not, but you are making the same linguistic mistakes repeatedly and it
often makes your posts hard to understand and/or your meaning unclear.

No insult intended, particularly if English isn't ...[text shortened]... Christianity might be right... Wouldn't it?[/i]"
take it as a good critic - but to receive a lecture when you need it too (from my perspective) is a bit odd. Anyway, no, English is not my first language and yes I get the proof/prove mixed up sometimes. I clearly know the difference and try and re-read my post before posting. Sorry for the misunderstanding.