The end of the world.

The end of the world.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
12 Jan 12

so you're waiting for some aliens to beam you up into their spaceship just before destroying the world, and if they left you behind, you would want to kill yourself?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
Do you have reason to think that Russia has some axe to grind with any nation?
Well no. I've read a couple of books and it seems that all the clues lead to the eastern region of the world. Here are also two links worthwhile reading...

http://www.alphanewsdaily.com/Warning%206%20Russia%20Iran%20Invasion.html
http://www.seekingtruth.co.uk/middle_east.htm

Cape Town

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by Nicksten
It is quite hard to believe that a third world war is possible,....
Yet you are trying very hard to believe it, to the point of dismissing any opposition to your belief as the childish ranting of kids, when in reality all the posters in question were adults.
You are not alone in your beliefs, there have been a number of other posters with similar view points in the past, but it seems that no one holding those beliefs wants to actually look at the statistics. The moment statistics are brought up, they either shift their claims to other 'signs' or go into denial (as you do).

Cape Town

Moves
12 Jan 12

Well no. I've read a couple of books and it seems that all the clues lead to the eastern region of the world. Here are also two links worthwhile reading...

That second one is funny.
It says all nations will attack Israel, and you call that a 'world war'? That would be genocide, not war.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Sorry but I am contractually obligated to always refer to the bible (or any holy book) as a
book of fairy tales or I lose my Atheistic street-cred ;-p

No you're right, it's a cheep shot, but I do like to emphasise the total absence of any evidence
for the stories being true.
I might sometimes however go too far on that front.
Lol .. well make sure you fulfill your contractual obligations. Would not want you to get disbarred.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jan 12

Well I have lived through some pretty 'certain' predictions about the former USSR. But as time went by the USSR fell from power and now has neither the hardware nor the desire to engage in war. Then there were predictions about the 10 toes who were supposed to be a unified Europe. They predicted that Europe under the influence of the Pope would attack Israel. But then the 10 toes grew past 10 so that fell by the wayside and the Roman Catholic Church fell from grace into billion $$ lawsuits and now Europe does not really care about anywhere but their own internal problems.

Globalization and the rise in economic power of the Far East is making a mess of all Biblical prophesies which Christians professed to 'know' about. The big question is who is going to attack Israel? As far as I could now see its only the Palestinians. Iraq and Iran are war-wary nations. They don't care anymore.

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
sounds nord. am i close?
Absolutely. It is an excerpt from a poem called the Völuspá (prophecy of the seeress). The poem is a Viking-age vision of the apocalypse.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by Ullr
"Brothers will battle to bloody end,
and sister's son their sib betray;
woe's in the world, much wantonness;
axe-age, sword-age sundered are shields
wind-age, wolf-age ere the world crumbles;
will the spear of no man spare the other."

Care to guess where this verse comes from? I'll give you some hints. It pre-dates Christianity in Eur ...[text shortened]... you can and be as decent a human being as you can. The cosmos will take care of itself.
It's a very intriguing post and sent me off doing some reading around - I'm quite keen on Norse mythology, although not any sort of expert. I will dare to hazard that it might be slightly previous to say that it pre-dates christianity in Europe though. Care to offer any ball-park figures?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
so you're waiting for some aliens to beam you up into their spaceship just before destroying the world, and if they left you behind, you would want to kill yourself?
Uhm yeah right, i was clearly talking about the aliens when i mentioned the christian rapture. Stop smoking the good stuff, maybe then you'll actually read the real post.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
That second one is funny.
It says all nations will attack Israel, and you call that a 'world war'? That would be genocide, not war.
Lol yes if you say it like that

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
Well I have lived through some pretty 'certain' predictions about the former USSR. But as time went by the USSR fell from power and now has neither the hardware nor the desire to engage in war. Then there were predictions about the 10 toes who were supposed to be a unified Europe. They predicted that Europe under the influence of the Pope would attack Israel ...[text shortened]... see its only the Palestinians. Iraq and Iran are war-wary nations. They don't care anymore.
Was it the Palestines that claimed Isreal is not a country. i think i heard that over the news but wasnt sure cause of all the noise here.

Z

Moves
13 Jan 12

Predictions that the end of the world is coming is closer than we think.

Clues in the Bible tells us that before the end comes we will experience wars and hear rumours of wars, poverty, earthquakes and much more. The world has become a total indulgence and we (mandkind) are left to ourselfs. There is no self-discipline. It's total mess. People are corru ...[text shortened]... g a poor example of a Christian will make me want to kill myself.
This is my honest answer.
what a waste of typing energy

F

Moves
13 Jan 12
2 edits

Predictions that the end of the world is coming is closer than we think.

Clues in the Bible tells us that before the end comes we will experience wars and hear rumours of wars, poverty, earthquakes and much more. The world has become a total indulgence and we (mandkind) are left to ourselfs. There is no self-discipline. It's total mess. People are corrup ...[text shortened]... r news all over the world and this is the perfect opportunity for a ... well... a world ruler.
This has been said more than a thousand of years. And it will be said again and again in still a thousand of years by people wanting the apocalypse to happen - NOW!

Cape Town

Moves
13 Jan 12

Was it the Palestines that claimed Isreal is not a country. i think i heard that over the news but wasnt sure cause of all the noise here.
Every country, only exists in as much as they claim to be countries and people and other countries recognise them as such. Many countries thus have somewhat controversial status'. Israel is not recognized as a country by some people and some other countries, but only for political reasons. Recognition as a country means you must grant that country certain 'rights'. eg you must declare war before attacking them etc. It is also, to some extent an acknowledgement that the people claiming to be a country have the right to do so, and the right to the land.
In several parts of the world where there have been civil wars resulting in a stand off between two parties, both parties claim to be the 'country' whilst refusing to recognise the other party.