1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 22:021 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    A Young Earth - The Evidence of Space

[youtube]uOfdNhh97kM[/youtube]
    Only a meat eating false religion can come up with an earth that is 6000 yrs old.

This is the stupidity and foolishness and dishonesty of the animal killing religion called Christianity.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 23:27
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Only a meat eating false religion can come up with an earth that is 6000 yrs old.

This is the stupidity and foolishness and dishonesty of the animal killing religion called Christianity.
    What about the worlwide flood? What does your religion say about it?
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 23:331 edit

i will only say this on the subject of eating meat:

YouTube
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 01:52
    Global Flood: Evidence from Rocks and Fossils

YouTube
  5. Standard memberCalJustonline
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 07:211 edit
    Other rock layers, such as the Redwall Limestone, exposed in Grand Canyon also contain large numbers of marine fossils. Obviously, these marine creatures were catastrophically destroyed and buried in this lime sediment.
    Thank you for this response. Let's see where we agree and disagree, in a rational manner.

Firstly, I agree that there were catastrophic occurrences - many of them! Each volcanic eruption is such an event.

Secondly, I agree that a lot of water over a short time can have the same effect as a little water over a long time - flowing over similar material.

As far as the Redwall Limestone creatures are concerned, they may certainly have been deposited as you suggest - by a huge lake at the time of their deposition.

My question now is: is it your belief or suggestion that this deposition happened during the Great Flood, or was it the washing away of the deposits that occurred during the Flood, or both?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 18:022 edits
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Thank you for this response. Let's see where we agree and disagree, in a rational manner.

Firstly, I agree that there were catastrophic occurrences - many of them! Each volcanic eruption is such an event.

Secondly, I agree that a lot of water over a short time can have the same effect as a little water over a long time - flowing over similar material. ...[text shortened]... lood, or was it the [b]washing away of the deposits
    that occurred during the Flood, or both?[/b]
    It certainly did not happen in a lake. That is complete nonsense.

In the canyon there is a seven-foot-thick (on average) layer of limestone that runs the 277 miles of the canyon (and beyond) that covers many hundreds of square miles which contains an average of one nautiloid fossil every [four] square meter[s].

Many of these nautiloids are larger than your arm, with fossils of tens of millions of these creatures that were buried in an extremely rapid event that killed them all, thus forming yet another important layer of the canyon's walls. Along with many other dead creatures in this one particular limestone layer, 15% of these nautiloids were killed and then fossilized standing on their heads. Yes, vertically. They were caught in such an intense and rapid catastrophic flow that gravity was not able to cause all of their dead carcasses to fall over on their sides.

http://youngearth.com/grand-canyon-nautiloids

Nautiloids - Evidence for a Catastrophic Occurrence

YouTube
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 03:30
    What about the worlwide flood? What does your religion say about it?
    Yes there was a world wide flood ....................and it doesn't mean anything because it is not the first world wide flood and it wont be the last world wide flood.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 03:591 edit
    Yes there was a world wide flood ....................and it doesn't mean anything because it is not the first world wide flood and it wont be the last world wide flood.
    It is recorded in the Holy Bible that God said He would never again bring a worldwide flood upon the earth. But there will be a fire.

"I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth."

(Genesis 9:11 NASB)
    But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

(2 Peter 3:10 NASB)
  9. Standard memberCalJustonline
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 10:39
    It certainly did not happen in a lake. That is complete nonsense,
    Well, you will at least agree with me that this is a statement of opinion and not fact and you are welcome to it.

However, if you DO want a rational discussion of how the nautilus (as big as your arm) were caught standing on their heads, and buried in sediment which ended up high on a mountain, I am willing to discuss this with you. But then you must promise to stay with this one subject and give it your best shot, not just post another video.

And let's do it in one thread, say the "Noahs Ark" thread, rather than duplicating this all over the thread list.

Are you willing to do this?
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 13:08
    Let me get this straight:

A god who expects his children to be honest, deliberately made the earth, nay even the universe, appear old with layers of rocks, evidence of many small floods (but no universal one), fossils, ...

S/he/it did this to confound those who think they are smart and look to evidence so that those of faith (who eschew evidence-based reasoning) could be vindicated as having honored this honest god.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 15:22
    Originally posted by Wulebgr

A god who expects his children to be honest, deliberately made the earth, nay even the universe, appear old with layers of rocks, evidence of many small floods (but no universal one), fossils, ...

S/he/it did this to confound those who think they are smart and look to evidence so that those of faith (who eschew evidence-based reasoning) could be vindicated as having honored this honest god.
    Satan is the one that is responsible for putting the deception in your mind for He is a liar and father of lies from the beginning of creation.
    "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

(John 8:44 NASB)
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 15:26
    Originally posted by Wulebgr

I don't know who told you the layers of rocks is real evidence for an old earth, God? No,
    the God of scripture didn't tell you or anyone that. People came up with that all by
    themselves then they have the arrogance to accuse God of doing evil by tricking them for
    not doing things the way they claim it was true. Your on your own with respect to what
    you come up with as truth.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 15:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I don't know who told you the layers of rocks is real evidence for an old earth, God? No,
    the God of scripture didn't tell you or anyone that. People came up with that all by
    themselves then they have the arrogance to accuse God of doing evil by tricking them for
    not doing things the way they claim it was true. Your on your own with respect to what
    you come up with as truth.
    I think the point trying to be made is that the earth doesn't merely appear old, but carries information that points to an old earth.

For example: suppose God created a gallon of curdled milk, that was discovered by you two minutes later. You'd assume that this milk is at least somewhat aged, right? If God just created the milk two minutes ago, why would he create milk that's curdled, and looks old?

Likewise, there's information in the earth (and the universe) with similar information. For example, stalactites grow at a rate of about 10 centimeters every 10,000 years. There are some caves with stalactites that are 8 meters long.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 16:02
    Originally posted by vivify
    I think the point trying to be made is that the earth doesn't merely appear old, but carries information that points to an old earth.

For example: suppose God created a gallon of curdled milk, that was discovered by you two minutes later. You'd assume that this milk is at least somewhat aged, right? If God just created the milk two minutes ago, why woul ...[text shortened]... 0 centimeters every 10,000 years. There are some caves with stalactites that are 8 meters long.
    God told us through the inspired prophet Moses that he created and made it all in six days. Then his inspired word gives the history from the first man and woman down to Moses and we have secular history to support part of that plus the rest of the time to our time and it all adds up to approximately 6,000 or so years.

It is Satan the Devil that is deceiving people into believing that God did not do it in six days, but evolution did it over billions of years. Satan is the father of lies and does not want you or any of us to believe in God or His Christ so that we might be saved.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 16:13
    Originally posted by vivify

For example: suppose God created a gallon of curdled milk, that was discovered by you two minutes later. You'd assume that this milk is at least somewhat aged, right? If God just created the milk two minutes ago, why woul ...[text shortened]... 0 centimeters every 10,000 years. There are some caves with stalactites that are 8 meters long.
    It is the same thing, you cannot say this points to an old earth unless you come up with
    the idea "this points to an old earth." It has been pointed out the way scripture portrays
    the event as supernatural which leaves everyone as a take it or leave it. The earth is just
    there and for someone to suggest this type of layer means that much time goes by, that
    statement is on him and those that believe him, not God.

With respect to curdled milk all of that can be done right in front of us, in our life time.
    With respect to the distant past, no matter who you believe, it is a matter of belief.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree