1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 07:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I disagree. Dasa speaks much truth. His problem seems to be He thinks
    He knows all truth and He does not except the truth of Christianity. He
    thinks it is another religion of the animal killers and the unenlightened.
    He would rather be born over and over again in random bodies until by
    chance he should stumble upon whatever he thinks he is looking for
    spiritually than except the free gift from God.
    You take birth in this world over and over if you do not come to understand and love God.

You cannot love God and kill Gods creatures at the same time.

Its contradictory to love God and not his creation.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 07:46
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You take birth in this world over and over if you do not come to understand and love God.

#2.
    The Theory: The Many Worlds Theory

The Crazy Part: The part where you realize that somewhere in some parallel universe you just died while reading this sentence.

What It Says: The Many Worlds Theory rejects The Copenhagen Interpretations crazy idea that particles can change their behavior seemingly at will, and replaces it with the much crazier idea that the only reason we think particles are changing their behavior is that were only seeing that particles action in one universe, rather than the infinite number of universes that actually exist. So an observed particle with two optionssay, to pound beers at a Van Halen tribute show or drop E and storm a techno clubactually does both, even though we may only observe the techno club, in some other universe, parallel to our own, that particle is rocking out to Eruption instead of rubbing itself ferociously on anything with a body temperature.

So What Does This Do For Me? If you buy into the Many Worlds Theory, the implications are infinite. And lets be clear about what infinite means here. For every action youve ever taken, every movement youve ever made, even down to the atomic level, theres a parallel universe out there where you did something else instead. Anything else. Instead of learning guitar, you burst into flames. Instead of opening the fridge, you freebased black tar heroin. Instead of nude rock climbing, you went nude bungee jumping. Instead of reading this article, you worked productively and got a handsome raise. Think about it: in some parallel universe out there, you and your high school sweetheart are making hot, reconciliatory love atop Bob Feeneys smoldering corpse after you killed a laser-breathing velociraptor with your bare hands. If that thought doesnt make you feel better about how mundane your actual life is, we dont know what will.

Wait, It Gets Worse: If you think The Many Worlds Theory is a tad too far fetched an explanation for some electrons behaving weirdly, youre not alone. In an effort to simplify things, scientists have come up with The Many Minds Theory, which says your brain splits up at the instant you make an observation, and then your many brains observe every possible outcome. Yes, thats right, an infinite number of parallel brains, existing without universes (let alone skulls) to house them in. Awesome. Much simpler.

Read more: 5 Scientific Theories That Will Make Your Head Explode | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-scientific-theories-head-explode/#ixzz1bOsGAr60
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 12:261 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Reasons?
    Physical laws still have bounds.

A VERY simple example:

The circumference divided by the diameter of a circle will always equal pi, no matter where in a universe (infinite or not) you look. To argue otherwise will mean it isn't a circle.

Physical laws will still apply, regardless of how big the universe is.

These physical boundaries could mean that you have infinite gradients of life forms which FIT within these physical laws, but that doesn't mean infinite possibilities exist outside it as well.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Are you calling yourself an atheist now?

Because you're the only one spouting baseless blithering babble that I can see so far (at least in this thread).
    Hey now, I did a fair bit of blithering!~
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:23
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    #2.

The Crazy Part: The part where you realize that somewhere in some parallel universe you just died while reading this sentence.

What It Says: The Many Worlds Theory rejects The Copenhagen Interpretations crazy idea that particles can change their behavior seemingly at will, and replaces it with the much crazier i ...[text shortened]... lode | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-scientific-theories-head-explode/#ixzz1bOsGAr60
    Thankyou very much for taking YOUR time to respond to my post with many words.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:58
    Originally posted by lausey

A VERY simple example:

The circumference divided by the diameter of a circle will always equal pi, no matter where in a universe (infinite or not) you look. To argue otherwise will mean it isn't a circle.

These physical boundaries could mean tha ...[text shortened]... in these physical laws, but that doesn't mean infinite possibilities exist outside it as well.
    The definition of PI as the circumference/diameter will change when you get to the event horizon of a black hole and if you could measure PI to a few trillion decimal points you would probably see differences deeper inside a gravity well like Earth's V in deep space light years from any star.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 14:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 17:141 edit

Who says we Christians don't love God's creatures, but you? I love
    roast beef, baked salmon, chicken, turkey, rabbit, and squirrel. I
    was just kidding, but seriously, why must you think we must hate
    God's creatures just because we also enjoy eating them for food.
    That seems ridiculous to me.

P.S. God also gave man certain animals that he could eat for food
    after He gave us certain plants and fruit.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 17:56
    Originally posted by lausey

A VERY simple example:

These physical boundaries could mean tha ...[text shortened]... in these physical laws, but that doesn't mean infinite possibilities exist outside it as well.
    Nobody is arguing that you can break the laws of physics in this universe?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 19:431 edit

no he did not, his original purpose was that humans were to be vegetarians, he gave
    no mandate to Adam and Eve to eat flesh of any kind. You charlatan, RJH!
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 20:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

no he did not, his original purpose was that humans were to be vegetarians, he gave
    no mandate to Adam and Eve to eat flesh of any kind. You charlatan, RJH!
    And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Matthew 15:10-11

Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: 'These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

Matthew 15:3-9
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 20:30
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Matthew 15:10-11

Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: 'These people draw ne ...[text shortened]... And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

Matthew 15:3-9
    whats up doc?

(Genesis 1:29) . . .And God went on to say: “Here I have given to you all vegetation
    bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there
    is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To you let it serve as food.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 20:31

For a person defending Christianity and theism you comments are very immature and foolish.

Animals slaughtered suffer very much and are very fearful of the slaughterers house.

This is why Christianity is a false religion - because it produces insensitive and ignorant followers.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 22:311 edit
    For a person defending Christianity and theism you comments are very immature and foolish.

Animals slaughtered suffer very much and are very fearful of the slaughterers house.

This is why Christianity is a false religion - because it produces insensitive and ignorant followers.
    I hope you do not evaluate Christianity by what I say or do. My maturity
    level has nothing to do with Christianity for a little child can be a Christian.
    Unlike Judism and your religion, what I eat or drink also has nothing to do
    with Christianity. I don't know what false information you have received
    that you think Christianity produces insensitive and ignorant followers. Can
    you give an example of the teachings of Christ that would produce ignorant
    or insensitive followers? Most who call themselves Christian, like myself, are
    still learning and striving to fully follow the teachings of Christ. But we do
    realize we do not have to be perfect to be accepted by Christ. We can come
    to Him as we are and He will change us because we can not do it by ourselves.
    All Christians believe it is wrong to be cruel to animals but there may be some
    division on what that means. There are some Christians, who like yourself,
    will not eat the flesh of animals. They are in the minority, I must admit. I
    know of no saying of Christ that indicates eating flesh is wrong because He
    is reported to have eaten fish himself. When speaking of unwashed hands
    He said the following:

"It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds
    out of the mouth, this defiles the man."

"Do you not understand that everything that goes into the mouth passes into
    the stomach, and is eliminated? But the things that proceed out of the mouth
    come from the heart, and those defile the man. For out of the heart come evil
    thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.
    These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands
    does not defile the man.”
    (Matthew 15:11,17-20 New American Standard Bible)

As Christians we are free. We are not restricted to adhere to some strick
    man-made rules that some consider necessary for salvation. We are only
    required to believe and put our trust in Christ for He has paid the price of
    our sins with His blood. This is regardless of how foolish you or anybody
    may think it is. We are not required to be serious at all times, we are free
    to joke and have fun.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 22:45
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    #2.

What It Says: The Many Worlds Theory rejects The Copenhagen Interpretations crazy idea that particles can change their behavior seemingly at will, and replaces it with the much crazier i ...[text shortened]... lode | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-scientific-theories-head-explode/#ixzz1bOsGAr60
    Nicely written and very amusing post! (thumbs up)

but surely the Many Worlds Theory means that all possibleworlds will exist?

Impossible worlds are .... well - impossible.

"in some parallel universe out there, you and your high school sweetheart are making hot, reconciliatory love atop Bob Feeneys smoldering corpse"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree