1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 15:071 edit
    Food.

So simple and so eloquent - this is the evidence for the existence of God.

How did all the plentiful, healthy, tasty, nutritious, colourful, variegated, and life giving food come from.

Thousand of varieties of foods and spices.

All for mankind's pleasure.

The planet could have given man a few varieties of grey sloppy mush for food.......but it did not.

God has kindly given man thousands of delicious foods for his pleasure.

And also the thousands of colourful sweet smelling beautiful flowers.

Now this is the evidence for God - that atheists have been asking.

*Its undeniable.

It is not possible that all the food came about by random chance - from a lightning bolt hitting a muddy puddle.

Now to suggest God does not exist - is to be thoroughly dishonest.

Or tell us that all this food evolved from the muddy puddle - which is absurd and still dishonest.
  2. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 15:281 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Food.

How did all the plentiful, healthy, tasty, nutritious, colourful, variegated, and life giving food come from.

The planet could have given man a few varieties of grey sloppy mush for food.......but ...[text shortened]... tell us that all this food evolved from the muddy puddle - which is absurd and still dishonest.
    The argument from personal incredulity, or the argumentum ad ignorantiam to give the sexy title, is one of your favourites isn't it?

In the meantime take the floor and explain to us how God made the 'thousand of varieties of foods and spices'.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 15:45
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The argument from personal incredulity, or the argumentum ad ignorantiam to give the sexy title, is one of your favourites isn't it?

In the meantime take the floor and explain to us how God made the 'thousand of varieties of foods and spices'.
    First give up the notion that all the food came from the muddy puddle - and that animal killing is fine - and that man also came from that muddy puddle.

Because no one in this forum is ready to receive higher knowledge - until they give up defending that which is not true.

Because defending that which is not true - lends itself to a dishonest disposition.

And if the disposition is dishonest - then how can they hear how God creates.(they simply cannot)
  4. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 15:51
    First give up the notion that all the food came from the muddy puddle - and that animal killing is fine - and that man also came from that muddy puddle.

Because no one in this forum is ready to receive higher knowledge - until they give up defending that which is not true.

Because defending that which is not true - lends itself to a dishonest disposition. ...[text shortened]... nd if the disposition is dishonest - then how can they hear how God creates.(they simply cannot)
    What precisely are you babbling on about old man?

If i'm going to give up the notion that life came from a muddy puddle, which i assume is your way of saying life evolves, then you're going to have to give me an alternative. So i'm all ears, explain to me how God created the 'thousands of foods and spices' on our planet.

Take the stage...............
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 15:52
    Food.

The planet could have given man a few varieties of grey sloppy mush for food.......but ...[text shortened]... tell us that all this food evolved from the muddy puddle - which is absurd and still dishonest.
    If anything ... beer is proof of the existance of god not food. You have much to learn.
  6. England
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 16:27
    as a comfirned christian, i have no idea your reasoning, there are stars in the sky, rivers of fresh water, they are not proof. only jesus is gods proof to mankind if you want it
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 16:44
    Originally posted by stoker
    as a comfirned christian, i have no idea your reasoning, there are stars in the sky, rivers of fresh water, they are not proof. only jesus is gods proof to mankind if you want it
    You don't understand my reasoning because you are dull headed.

The atheists think they explain the rivers and star with physical laws.

But there is no atheistic reasoning why the planet would give man the thousands of varieties of delicious foods that we have out of a random chance act of spontaneity.

God must be the cause - because the varieties of food man has been given - are an act of need and will and design and creativeness and plan and thought and love and care.

Food cannot be explained away by simple physical laws.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 17:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What precisely are you babbling on about old man?

If i'm going to give up the notion that life came from a muddy puddle, which i assume is your way of saying life evolves, then you're going to have to give me an alternative. So i'm all ears, explain to me how God created the 'thousands of foods and spices' on our planet.

Take the stage...............
    I will tell you this.....the very very short version.

If you want to build a house - you first have the thought and will - and then you go and buy your timber and cement and nails and then build your house.

With God when God has the thought- he does not have to go and get anything.

God is in every atom by his omnipresent potency.

Therefore God being in ever atom - the unmanifest material energy surrounding him can be manipulated by Gods thoughts/will and that energy acts according to his will.

The energy/atoms manifest as his will desires.

Just as your will builds the house with the ingredients that you have.

God has the thought, the desire, the will , the means, the creative potency, the ingredients, the omnipresent feature of being in all places at all times - and with all this facility - the seeds created and manifested from Gods will - are impregnated into the material nature to begin their journey in this world.

This process is the same for everthing God creates.
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 17:05
    Guys, guys, arguing with trolls is how you feed them.
  10. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 17:07
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Guys, guys, arguing with trolls is how you feed them.
    I know, but it fills the time and is quite entertaining.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 18:381 edit
    Food.

If the universe is infinite or there are infinite universes then there is no need for a god simply because life MUST be possible with such circumstances and actually will occur an infinite amount of times.

The possibilities are much much more various if there are infinite different universes(compared to just one infinite universe) because the rules might be different in other universes and then in some universes things like vampires, dragons, fairies etc might exist.
    In fact, you couldn't describe something and claim that is impossible if there are infinite different universes.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 18:441 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    If the universe is infinite or there are infinite universes then there is no need for a god simply because life MUST be possible with such circumstances and actually will occur an infinite amount of times in an existence with infinite universes or with just one infinite universe.

The possibilities are much much more various if there are infinite differe ...[text shortened]... dn't describe something and claim that is impossible if there are infinite different universes.
    Almost, but not quite true.

If the universe is infinite, Then anything permitted by the laws of physics will happen, no matter how unlikely.

However it doesn't matter how big the universe gets, something physically impossible can't happen.

EDIT: To clarify I mean the 'actual true' laws of physics the universe uses, not necessarily the ones we have
    discovered or think we have discovered. I am not claiming things are only possible because physicists say so
    but that things are only possible if the rules on which the universe operates permit them to be possible.

Vampires, dragons and fairies however could well be thought up that don't break the laws of physics so would
    certainly exist in an infinite universe, And might very well probably exist, in a non-infinite but exceptionally massive
    universe.

However you don't need to resort to this to explain the fact we exist on a planet that has lots of things for us to
    eat on it...

We evolved on this planet to be able to exist on it, thus we are adapted to exactly this level of gravity and this
    composition of air and this temperature range and able to eat these foodstuffs, because we evolved to live on
    this planet.

As did all the other lifeforms on it.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 18:531 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Almost, but not quite true.

If the universe is infinite, Then anything permitted by the laws of physics will happen, no matter how unlikely.

However it doesn't matter how big the universe gets, something physically impossible can't happen.

EDIT: To clarify I mean the 'actual true' laws of physics the universe uses, not necessarily the ones we ...[text shortened]... s, because we evolved to live on
    this planet.

As did all the other lifeforms on it.
    I meant in a different universe. If there is even one different universe from ours then there is no reason to assume that this other universe operates with the same physical laws as this universe.

Also, the point of the explanation was to show that existing on a planet that has lots of things for us to eat on it was no proof of god.
  14. Subscriberdivegeester
    reality bites
    variable
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 18:57
    You don't understand my reasoning because you are dull headed.
    Do you have a hare krishna mentor? I wonder what he thinks of you brining his religion into such complete ridicule through your incessant maniacal blithering and insults.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    invigorated
    Dunedin
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 19:14
    Food.

Your argument might have a little more validity if
    1. All plants were edible.
    2. No plants needed processing (cooking etc.) before eating.
    3. No plants defended themselves from eating (spines etc.)
    4. No plant benefitted from being eaten. (eg seed dispersal via fruits)
    5. No other animal ate the same food as us.

With the above conditions you could maybe argue that some benign creature made food for us, without them you cannot