1. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 04:23
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Man's history from first recordings show him to be conscious of the other. Although man also shows varying degrees of religiousity, there has not been even one civilzation in the annals of history wherein the populace was not overwhelmingly aware of God/gods.

Are there pockets of disbelief? Yes--- but always learned, never as a first instinct.
    Sorry to bump it, but I've been away at work.

Yes man has always been spiritual. But If there was a single god would all man not believe in him/her/it? Why is it that communities develop religions which generally relate to their immediate surroundings. E.g. Aboriginal Australians, native Americans etc.

And furthermore, if man was always aware of God how come there are many many (no figures but its gotta be close to the number of Christians) people who are and were extremely religious throughout history who actually don't believe in any god, or belief that certain people we're the personification of that god?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree