This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 19:19
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    seven meters above the highest mountain is NOT referring to large flooding. so for someone who believes in the Bible you would KNOW that those floods has no relevance. it is black or white.

come on, if it's possible to prove i lie about a broken leg 4500 years down the track, then it should be easy to prove the whole earth got annihilated.
    I could provide you with a link to the definition of "allegory" if you wish. Just because a fiction has detail doesn't make it complete.

You "leg" analogy is also incomplete, unless you really believe you can honestly compare your broken leg to an act of God, in which case I commend your own faith.

-JC
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 19:22
    so you are saying the bible isn't true?

you can prove a negative. if i say i've got a broken leg and i lie. then 4500 years down the track it is 'possible' to prove i lied. we are not looking for a broken leg... it's like a WORLD-WIDE FLOOD!
    Exactly, which is why we're pretty doggon sure it didn't happen.

For it to have happened (without a divine cover up) all sorts of physical laws would have had to have changed radically. Essentially, we wouldn't be able to trust anything we uncovered in the world.

If you really want to know why nearly all scientists and an overwhelming majority of educated people do not believe in a literal 4500 year old flood, I'd recommend talkorigins and iidb.org. You'll certainly get that side of things there.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 19:221 edit

5. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 19:27
    my leg example is good cause in comparison to a world-wide flood, as it is like trying to find if a needle exists in your kitchen compared to finding if a haystack exists in there.
    Your leg example is invalid because your leg is not an omnipotent, supernatural entity billed as creator of all existence.

-JC
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 19:27
    seven meters above the highest mountain is NOT referring to large flooding. so for someone who believes in the Bible you would KNOW that those floods has no relevance. it is black or white.

come on, if it's possible to prove i lie about a broken leg 4500 years down the track, then it should be easy to prove if the whole earth did/didn't get annihilated 4500 years ago. this is science, not faith.
    The problem is that if one points out all the physical evidence which is incompatible with the flood (or even more importantly all of the physical evidence which does not exist but should if a global flood occured), the creationists can always simply dismiss the evidence. Many of these people will tell you that radiometric dating is wrong because it does not yield a young earth. Some will tell you that the speed of light has rapidly decreased to account for the distance of space objects from us. They'll even attack the idea that physical laws do not change so long as it gets them out of a corner.

If you are really interested in deciding the matter for yourself one way or another check out some of the sites I've recommended. You'll see that the scientific position is clear. Then you can accept it or reject it as you see fit.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 19:30

8. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 19:36
    my example had very little to do with God.
    Exactly. By contrast, the Flood has everything to do with God. This is your problem in a nutshell.

-JC
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 19:46

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 19:561 edit

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 20:042 edits

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 20:09

13. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 20:18
    yep, i'm interested to have a read of the link.

it has nothing to do with God what science could prove to me. i've never seen simple scientific answers as yet. you don't prove/disprove something to me through psychological aspects.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=allegory

Science can't prove God, nor can it prove what God has done. Your error is in expecting this to be the case.

-JC
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 20:26

come on, if it's possible to prove i lie about a broken leg 4500 years down the track, then it should be easy to prove if the whole earth did/didn't get annihilated 4500 years ago. this is science, not faith.
    read this:
    http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:NlW6zLf4U9wJ:www.asa3.org/ASA/PSCF/2003/PSCF12-03Seely.pdf+proof+of+no+flood&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=9
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 20:43
    There once was a fellow named god
    who gave to Noah a nod
    'cause he made a great flood
    that left no mud
    now that's terribly odd

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree