This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 20:52
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    i don't understand how you think that way? if he made a flood evidence would be there. if he didn't a lack of evidence would be there. science should be able to prove this so i can understand it did/didn't happen. i don't see any error in this.
    If God made the Flood, He also ended it. How are you to know He didn't simply clean up after himself - removing debris, bodies, etc?

The flood was meant as a means of cleansing, after all. It only makes sense that He would remove the wreckage afterward so that Noah and his family (and the animals, of course) wouldn't have to pick through dead bodies.

-JC
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 20:571 edit

4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 21:01
    i have problems believing in dating systems, because there is no way of doing a trial test over the time periods that they prove. although with a whole lot of dating systems in unison i think we can confidently pin-point a place a time, but not say 4500 yrs ago. **i wonder if any creationist have bothered to try using dating systems in this way to target a ti ...[text shortened]... nz was talking about, but working the other way.

yep, thanks for the sites i'll have a read.
    We can use quite a few different methods (based on different isotope relationships). If in fact one of them is not a consistent estimator over long periods of time, then they must all not be consistent estimators because all of these independent methods yield measurements that are statistically equivalent.
  5. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 21:23
    i think you should go and look in your mirror.

two weeks on my knees i prayed for rain and God sent a flood.He didn't clean the mud off my floors. no, i got the garden hose and had to hose it all off.
    If you don't like my answer, you can admit as much. Regardless of whether you like the response, you still have to accept that it is a possibility God removed the "proof" you would be looking for once the flood had served its purpose.

I'm still unsure exactly what it is you are looking for, but if an explanation of how the flood could occur without a plethora of physical evidence sitting around for scientists to pick over is what you want, I've already provided it.

-JC
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 21:481 edit
    Originally posted by Churlant
    You can't disprove Noah's Ark. You can't disprove the Flood.

You can stop or start believing in both, but you can't prove they didn't happen.

-JC
    I understand parts of the ark have been photographed. The thing is there are some problems. The photographs are classified as they were taked by a recon plane. That part of the mountain is covered in ice most of the time. The ark is only somewhat visible in the time of a draught. There are also the problems of politics and the cost of a expedition.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 05:01

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 05:16

9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 05:43
    Originally posted by Churlant
    You can't disprove Noah's Ark. You can't disprove the Flood.

You can stop or start believing in both, but you can't prove they didn't happen.

-JC
    No you're wrong. Noah's ark doess not exist since the whole bible is wrong. I know this through faith. And you cannot prove faith wrong.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 05:57

11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 06:011 edit
    i've said before that Jesus spoke in a lot of double meanings, so even if the flood could be proved not to have existed, then the noah's ark meaning would be seen to have a completely different meaning. that would not take from my belief, but would increase it as i would then be soooo interested in what the actual meaning would be.

if you know the flood di w. i want to know, which yeah 'i believe' science can achieve what it has not yet for me.
    First of all Noah's ark is before Jesus in the history time-line.

Secondly, I'm just pointing out that Churlant comments completely stifle any further discussion. By making it an issue of belief Churlant's statement was tantamount to saying 'I believe in God, so no matter what science says, I'm going to refuse to listen'.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 06:07

13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 06:11
    i believe the Bible all connects together, where Jesus is the centre.

yep, balance sure needs to be found.
    Well then so long as you accept the methods of science as valid then the legend of Noah's ark can be falsified.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 06:191 edit

15. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 06:36
    if this was proved either way, then what would be big changes to earth.

you know, for some Christians i guess they would have serious problems with their faith if it was disproved. even though it's good that they would see where their faith was wrong, it could have tragic results.

at the same time, it would be very hard for evolutionist if it was prov ...[text shortened]... e people's entire lifes work would sink into the toilet.

suicides would be a possibility?
    Go back to sleep.....😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree