12 Jun '06 07:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 07:44
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    i'm not too sure if your helping me or not?
    Of course he's helping. Looks like scottishinnz has built a strong case against the flood.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 07:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 12:21
    Originally posted by Churlant
    If God made the Flood, He also ended it. How are you to know He didn't simply clean up after himself - removing debris, bodies, etc?

The flood was meant as a means of cleansing, after all. It only makes sense that He would remove the wreckage afterward so that Noah and his family (and the animals, of course) wouldn't have to pick through dead bodies.

-JC
    You must be truly stupid.

Flood theorists quote the existance of sediment layers in some parts of the world as evidence of the flood. There is no evidence of such layers at Abu Hererah and Catal Hayuc (key archaeological sites in Syria and Turkey) despite evidence of occupation and farming from 7-9000 yrs bp. Similarly, evidence is absent from Jericho, a site beloved by biblical scholars for its evidence of having been a walled town.

Why not look for evidence before boring us all with your foolishness.
  6. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 14:41
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    You must be truly stupid.

Flood theorists quote the existance of sediment layers in some parts of the world as evidence of the flood. There is no evidence of such layers at Abu Hererah and Catal Hayuc (key archaeological sites in Syria and Turkey) despite evidence of occupation and farming from 7-9000 yrs bp. Similarly, evidence is absent from Jerich ...[text shortened]... ing been a walled town.

Why not look for evidence before boring us all with your foolishness.
    Consider myself schooled. I shall endeavor to be less stupid and/or foolish in the future.

-JC
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 14:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    This is my case in point. Think about this a second before refuting the Genesis account. You find an ancient boat that was built on such a massive scale as to hold the animals it proported to hold and continue to deny that Noah's account is true? Why would such a boat have been built? The boat would have taken years to build. How did the builders have in ...[text shortened]... ional flood? You may want to begin formulating your theology before it possibly is discovered.
    I'm really not going to write up a contingency plan for every possible crazy brained idea. Hell, they might actually find a UFO, and little green aliens might walk out. I'm not going to waste my time worrying about it though.

You clearly missed my point in your anxiety to pin down an atheists. Just finding a massive boat on Mt. Ararat (and you guys are a LONG way from doing so) is not enough to validate the literal Genesis account. Besides the myriad natural constraints that would seem to be violated (absent a "God just did it," you will have to still figure out an answer to all the obvious objections raised).

You're right. They didn't have the technology to build a wooden boat that size that could even float in a swimming pool, much less a massive deluge. Guess what? We don't have that kind of technology today! Unless your God smoothed things away we are probably looking at swells several thousand feet high (perhaps larger with the continents themselves moving apart rapidly). Your ark, even unloaded, would have split right in half under its own weight. So even if there was a boat that big on Ararat, water didn't raise it up there. It would have almost certainly been built at that spot. Why would some one build a giant boat on a mountain? Who knows?

Anyway, I've seen the photos of this "boat"-shaped thing. I'm not peeing my pants or anything over it. The face on Mars was much cooler. I really wish a neutral party would get off their behind, go to Ararat, and check the damn thing out so that these fundies can all go back to sleep. Apparently though, it only looks like an ark to the believers, so the odds of that happening are slim.
  8. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 16:24
    Originally posted by telerion
    I'm really not going to write up a contingency plan for every possible crazy brained idea. Hell, they might actually find a UFO, and little green aliens might walk out. I'm not going to waste my time worrying about it though.

You clearly missed my point in your anxiety to pin down an atheists. Just finding a massive boat on Mt. Ararat (and you guys ar ...[text shortened]... it only looks like an ark to the believers, so the odds of that happening are slim.
    What? Are you trying to say the Ark is on Mars now??

You atheists try too hard.

-JC
  9. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 23:36
    I believe you can't disprove the Flood because you can't prove a negative.

Noah's Ark - if you find it, it existed. If you don't find it, you can't "prove" it didn't exist, all you can say is you didn't find it.

No I do not believe the flood happened. I do believe that there was intense flooding in many areas due to natural disaster which served as a foundation for the Flood myth.

-JC
    I think you can easily disprove a world wide flood. Simply make a list of evidence you would expect to see if there had been a flood and the evidence you would see if there hadn't. Go out and search for the evidence, analyse the information and draw conclusions. If you are still uncertain, revise your models, list the evidence you expect to see.... and so on.

I wonder if the flood myth relates to the filling of the Black Sea at the end of the Holocene
  10. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 23:37
    Consider myself schooled. I shall endeavor to be less stupid and/or foolish in the future.

-JC
    Apologies. I was feeling extra grumpy this afternoon
  11. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 00:01
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    I think you can easily disprove a world wide flood. Simply make a list of evidence you would expect to see if there had been a flood and the evidence you would see if there hadn't. Go out and search for the evidence, analyse the information and draw conclusions. If you are still uncertain, revise your models, list the evidence you expect to see.... and ...[text shortened]...
    I wonder if the flood myth relates to the filling of the Black Sea at the end of the Holocene
    As I already mentioned - if God removed the evidence, you will not find it. I believe you are looking at a question of faith from far too logical a position.

No need to apologize for being grumpy, but it would be nice if you could read my posts first.

-JC
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 00:15
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    i prayed for rain and a flood came in my house. it was NOT noah's ark. seven meters above the highest mountain.

our bodies are made of a higher proportion than most would first expect. when volcanoes errupt a high proportion of what comes out of the earth is water.
    Our bodies are about 60% water. I'd actually expect that to be higher, bearing in mind that our early evolution was in the sea. Calcification of bones to resist gravity was necessary in a medium that doesn't have the bouyancy of water.

Your statement about volcanoes is only true of the water in the soil above the weakness. What comes out of the centre of the earth is definately not water. Current data from earthquakes (seismic reverb through the planet) etc give us a good idea of what's down there. It's not water.
  13. Joined
    10 May '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 01:53
    If God made the Flood, He also ended it. How are you to know He didn't simply clean up after himself - removing debris, bodies, etc?

The flood was meant as a means of cleansing, after all. It only makes sense that He would remove the wreckage afterward so that Noah and his family (and the animals, of course) wouldn't have to pick through dead bodies.

-JC
    Isn't this where "fossil fuels" come from? All of the decaying sludge from the flood? You heathens are so dumb.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 02:45
    What? Are you trying to say the Ark is on Mars now??

You atheists try too hard.

-JC
    Maybe it is. Maybe your God is lazy. Instead of diposing of the Ark properly, he tossed on Mars.

Shoot if we playing make believe we might as well have some fun.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 03:12
    Originally posted by beerbrewer
    Isn't this where "fossil fuels" come from? All of the decaying sludge from the flood? You heathens are so dumb.
    Might explain coal, but not oil. You christians are so uneducated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree