The four great philosophical questions...

The four great philosophical questions...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Sep 06
1 edit

Who am I?
Where do I come from?
What is the meaning of life?
Where do I go when I die?

I believe my faith has the best answers for these questions...

d

Moves
05 Sep 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
Who am I?
Where do I come from?

What do you mean by "best"?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
05 Sep 06
2 edits

Who am I?
Where do I come from?

who am I? A human called Greg
where do I come from? a planet called Earth...perhaps one of many in the universe that has the conditions for life amongst a much greater number that don't have such conditions and are thus...desolate
what is the meaning of life? to postpone not having it for as long as possible...and to do whatever it is that makes me think this is a worthy pursuit
where do I go when I die? I probably decompose and at some point will be recycled by other creatures

I belief your faith *does not* have the best answer for these questions πŸ˜‰

Moves
05 Sep 06

Originally posted by dottewell
What do you mean by "best"?
"Unparalleled by any other."

Moves
05 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
[b] who am I? A human called Greg
where do I come from? a planet called Earth...perhaps one of many in the universe that has the conditions for life amongst a much greater number that don't have such conditions and are thus...desolate
what is the meaning of life? to postpone not having it for as long as possible...and to do whatever it ...[text shortened]... y other creatures

I belief your faith *does not* have the best answer for these questions πŸ˜‰[/b]
On what do you base your answers if I may ask?

For starters, do you believe in absolute truth? If so, from whence do you derive it?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
05 Sep 06
1 edit

well to no.1) people keep seeming to call me Greg, and I'm pretty sure I'm neither cat, dog, cricket, pigeon and so on...in fact from what I have been able to ascertain...it would appear that human fits best

no 2) People seem to call this planet we live on Earth...so I refer to it by that name. I also figure that if conditions to support life here did not exist well then I probably wouldn't exist neither...since there would be no conditions to sustain it if I did. I am fairly confident that there may be other planets out there...I bet there's a lot of them. In fact I bet that if one of those planets had conditions too that would enable life then there's a pretty good chance there would be life...seems logical to me

no 3) I'm alive right now...but lots of people are becoming not alive and people also suggest that I will end up this way too! I don't really like that prospect and so I'll try and avoid it for now. I try to search for things that make me happy because if I was always unhappy then I wouldn't want to live anymore

no 4) things like chickens, cows, and pigs seem to keep dying and I end up eating them...I also notice that certain things whn they die seem to decompose and my observations of what takes place seems to fit with the idea that other organisms feed on them. I also figure that there is no reason why I shouldn't do the same thing when I'm dead as well!

gonna have to leave this one for now whilst I go to work πŸ™

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
05 Sep 06

Well, that really cleared things up. πŸ˜•

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
05 Sep 06

Who am I?
Where do I come from?

Who am I?

This question is meaningless. It's answered by a tautology; I am me.

Where do I come from?

Electrical and chemical activity in the brain.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=life

I cease to exist.

d

Moves
05 Sep 06

Because they are true, or because they are more comforting?

Moves
05 Sep 06

according to what criterium?

ZellulΓ€rer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
05 Sep 06

Originally posted by googlefudge
according to what criterium?
The Highway Code.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
05 Sep 06

For starters, do you believe in absolute truth? If so, from whence do you derive it?
You can believe in it without deriving it.

Moves
05 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
[b]Who am I?

Where do I come from?

I cease to exist.[/b]

Do you have any intrinsic value?

I was refering to the origin of life.

So the meaning of your life is mere existence?

I cease to exist.

So that is your destiny?

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
05 Sep 06

Who am I?
Where do I come from?

What about the problem of whether a synthetic a priori is possible?

Moves
05 Sep 06

Originally posted by Agerg
well to no.1) people keep seeming to call me Greg, and I'm pretty sure I'm neither cat, dog, cricket, pigeon and so on...in fact from what I have been able to ascertain...it would appear that human fits best

no 2) People seem to call this planet we live on Earth...so I refer to it by that name. I also figure that if conditions to support life here did not e ...[text shortened]... when I'm dead as well!

So you are intinsically valuable because your name is Greg?

no 2) People seem to call this planet we live on Earth...so I refer to it by that name. I also figure that if conditions to support life here did not exist well then I probably wouldn't exist neither...since there would be no conditions to sustain it if I did. I am fairly confident that there may be other planets out there...I bet there's a lot of them. In fact I bet that if one of those planets had conditions too that would enable life then there's a pretty good chance there would be life...seems logical to me

I was refering to the origin of man...

no 3) I'm alive right now...but lots of people are becoming not alive and people also suggest that I will end up this way too! I don't really like that prospect and so I'll try and avoid it for now. I try to search for things that make me happy because if I was always unhappy then I wouldn't want to live anymore

So have you found this happiness that you are searching for?

no 4) things like chickens, cows, and pigs seem to keep dying and I end up eating them...I also notice that certain things whn they die seem to decompose and my observations of what takes place seems to fit with the idea that other organisms feed on them. I also figure that there is no reason why I shouldn't do the same thing when I'm dead as well!

So you think you have the same destiny as a pig?